Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

Ok, first tests of this new beta firmware with soft start using Force Offline switch are encouraging. The results on actual platform are better than expected.

So why use e-stop that disables the servo drives and drops the actuators free fall, when you can just safely park them instead until you need motion on your rig again? Using the Force Offline switch, the communication is not disconnected, the controller still receives the motion cues, just chooses to ignore them. This is particularly useful if you are in the middle of the race and wanted to suspend motion for a part of the track that is more rough than anticipated or you need a quick temporary break from motion...

Thanks
Thanos

Hi Thanos, I would like to use your AMC-open-hardware-servo-controller-4DOF. Could you please publish also a schematic (or tell which pins of the arduino connect to which on the DB25)? I'd hate to have to reverse-engineer the pcb. Thanks

Hi Thanos, I would like to use your AMC-open-hardware-servo-controller-4DOF. Could you please publish also a schematic (or tell which pins of the arduino connect to which on the DB25)? I'd hate to have to reverse-engineer the pcb. Thanks

I never use schematics to design my controllers, ever... no matter how much complex. Its a waste of time from my opinion.

I use labels to assign micro pins to each connector pins... Something that is more useful when coding.

function labels.JPG

Hi Thanos,

I have a question. I'm using your controller with the SFX100 system which works great. The only problem I have is when I've used the emergency switch and the actuators turn off and the platform goes down. When disabling the emergency switch the actuators go to the center position *one after each other* which is problematic, as my frame then starts to creak (given that only one actuator is moving up and the others remain at their low place, then the second is moving up, etc.). Is it possible to move all actuators up at the same time instead?

With kind regards,
Martijn

Hi Martijn,

Don't use the emergency switch, install the Force Offline switch, which will ignore motion data and move the actuators in Park position. The emergency switch is only to be used in "emergency", like actuator mechanical failure etc...!!

Load this latest firmware from here that ensures the force offline switch functionality will park the motors and will slowly move the actuators back to online position right on the motion cue data:

https://github.com/tronicgr/AMC-AAS...re/enc_6dof_AMC_AASD15A_v2_08_soft_start2.zip

Thanks
Thanos

Hi Thanos,

How do I need to wire the wires in the controller box to keep using my emergency switch, but then for the force offline switch?

With kind regards,
Martijn

Hi Martijn,

Don't use the emergency switch, install the Force Offline switch, which will ignore motion data and move the actuators in Park position. The emergency switch is only to be used in "emergency", like actuator mechanical failure etc...!!

Load this latest firmware from here that ensures the force offline switch functionality will park the motors and will slowly move the actuators back to online position right on the motion cue data:

https://github.com/tronicgr/AMC-AAS...re/enc_6dof_AMC_AASD15A_v2_08_soft_start2.zip

Thanks
Thanos

And if I only want the park/standby button? I'd connect signal 1 with signal 2 to park? (I have a separate remote which removes all current from the system, so I only need to be able to park the system.)

The park/standby button works if you press momentarily the button to switch between park and standby positions, but only if you are not connected to the motion software (simtools or FlyPT).

I'd recommend using the Force Offline switch to park the actuators after done racing.

And I connect signal 1 and 2 in the emergency button, that would function as the force offline switch? Would the actuators move 1 by 1 (as now in the emergency switch mode) after I switch it online again? And in your scheme, the park/standby button, is a button which is pressed and then immediately depressed? Sorry for all the questions, the diagram is a bit unclera to me.

Martijn

The park/standby button works if you press momentarily the button to switch between park and standby positions, but only if you are not connected to the motion software (simtools or FlyPT).

I'd recommend using the Force Offline switch to park the actuators after done racing.

And I connect signal 1 and 2 in the emergency button, that would function as the force offline switch? Would the actuators move 1 by 1 (as now in the emergency switch mode) after I switch it online again? And in your scheme, the park/standby button, is a button which is pressed and then immediately depressed? Sorry for all the questions, the diagram is a bit unclera to me.

Martijn

The park/standby button is wired in parallel to the emergency stop switch. The button works by pressing it a releasing it in less than 500ms. The Emergency switch activates if it engages for more than 800ms (less than a second).

The force offline switch is independent function, just shares same ground wire, so you can use a 3 wire shielded audio cable to wire all switches and button. And perhaps use a standard 3.5mm audio jack to easy unplug if needed.

IMG_20191213_120451.jpg

Thanos, where did you get the 3.5mm jack and plugs with exposed wiring? I can find anything that I wouldn't have to cut open to expose the individual wires. Would be much easier and cleaner with something lime what you've used there.

Thanks!!

Thanos, where did you get the 3.5mm jack and plugs with exposed wiring? I can find anything that I wouldn't have to cut open to expose the individual wires. Would be much easier and cleaner with something lime what you've used there.

Thanks!!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C3RFHDC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just use a normal audio cable and cut the other end to use the wires directly on the switches/button...
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Stereo-Audio-Cable-Meters/dp/B00NO73Q84/ref=sr_1_4

I've got a few of these laying around from a previous car project (both momentary and latch on/off).
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZR7MS7Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_RnPaEbV1CMNWH

Any way to make them work as the park/standby and force offline, just not sure what would hook up where? I'm definitely not an electronics guy so sorry if this is dumb question.

Thanks!!

On github page there are some pics that show the connections:

See this video how to use them:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back