Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

Hi all, I made a quick test with the new Simtools v2.4 beta this morning. Not connected to game yet, just manually slider. The manual movement is the slider has little resolution and the actuator is so fast that it jumps to positions faster than the actual data...

I'm not electrician but I think neutral should be grounded only at service point (since its a return path for currents). In apartment buildings usually entire plumbing installation is grounded??
This will lead i potential differential between Neutral and equipment ground (60v difference at my home installation as shown on my videos).
Do you think it might be caused by your neighbour with the stove from the 60's and wrong grounding/neutral distribution?

I'm not electrician but I think neutral should be grounded only at service point (since its a return path for currents). In apartment buildings usually entire plumbing installation is grounded??

Do you think it might be caused by your neighbour with the stove from the 60's and wrong grounding/neutral distribution?

My house is indeed very old. The house wiring doesn't even have proper equipment ground... the only place that has ground is my garage and still that is with the potential difference you have seen.

IMG_20190516_071051.jpg

IMG_20190516_071112.jpg

Anyway, here is a video testing the AMC-AASD15A servo with LFS on new Simtools 2.4 with hexpod interface (6DOF), so you can see the motion details and response of the system

Thanks
Thanos

I'm in for this. I would like to test 3d printed actuator I've been working on besides SFX's.
Is your controller capable of driving rc servos?
New20MM.jpg

Contact me on Discord for beta testing.

Yes all my AMC controllers support RC servos as well for testing the motion software with model platforms... just needs a Pololu Maestro Servo addon for that... See a small fully 3D printed mini 6DOF platform I made with 90g servos:

IMG_20190516_075233.jpg

Thanks
Thanos

hi thanos, do ou have plan to disassemble the actuator..??
i wanna look inside and compare it to sfx actuator...

I don't have the tools to take apart the PT-Actuator without damaging the seals and prefer to leave the existing lubrication intact in place. I have abused that actuator for almost two years now during my development (I even end up burning the syntron servo drive a few times by hitting hard stops full speed) but its still functioning and sounds like brand new!! Its industrial quality made.

This option is interesting to me but leaves me with some questions.

Is it recommend to use the 80ST M02430 motors and drivers instead of the 90ST that is being used with the SFX?

Is the SFX software able to control these ready made actuators with the same level of detail as I thought it was specifically written to be paired with and control the DIY actuators?

Do you still use the Arduino and shield or do you have to change over to the custom board that @Tronicgr_6DOF is showing in his video demonstrations?

Approximately how much more expensive would going down this route be?

Thanks to anyone can can enlighten me :)

Is it recommend to use the 80ST M02430 motors and drivers instead of the 90ST that is being used with the SFX?

Is the SFX software able to control these ready made actuators with the same level of detail as I thought it was specifically written to be paired with and control the DIY actuators?

Do you still use the Arduino and shield or do you have to change over to the custom board that @Tronicgr_6DOF is showing in his video demonstrations?

I don't have the tools to take apart the PT-Actuator without damaging the seals and prefer to leave the existing lubrication intact in place. I have abused that actuator for almost two years now during my development (I even end up burning the syntron servo drive a few times by hitting hard stops full speed) but its still functioning and sounds like brand new!! Its industrial quality made.

Spec-sheet of the 80ST M02430 is almost the same as the 90STM02430
Same drive so I think the actuator will work with simfeedback but wich parameters to program the drive?
And what will cost a actuator each? Don't forget the SFX100 is reparable
All balscrews and bearings parts can be bought even years after!!!
But only for the actuators I'am intrigued

The 80ST M02430 has smaller rotor and thus less inertia than the 90STM02430, This means it can stop and start faster (better for vibrations effects).

The AASD-15A servo drives will still have same parameters as before except I added a few extra ones to better control the servo:
Code:
Pn8 = 300
Pn9 = -300
Pn51 = 3000
Pn98 = 20 - Pulse Multiplier (electronics gear)
Pn109 = 1 - smoothing, 1=fixed smoothing, 2=s-Shaped smoothing
Pn110 = 30 - Smoothing Filter Time
Pn113 = 20 - Feedforward %
Pn114 = 10 - Feedforward Filter Time (ms)
Pn115 = 100 - Gain %
---Extra parameters needed---
Pn24 = 100
Pn52 = 1
Pn60 = 2
Pn61 = 6

No sensors or limit switches needed at all... The actuators will calibrate the home position automatically on power up or if you plug them later... The calibration is simple, they will drive automatically to low position until they hit hard stop and they will remain at that position until need to move (park position). The motor will move slowly down to hit the hard stop, so no worries about damaging the lead screw or the motor mount frame.

The ready actuator I have is 150mm with pitch 10 (10mm/rev) that can reach speeds 500mm/s
But you might as well get the ones with pitch 5 that will double the load ability and still have 250mm/s speeds (like SFX100).

The AMC-AASD15A allows you to define less travel if you want without loosing any details. So if you have 150mm stroke actuators but need only 100mm or 80mm travel, it can be set in the AMC-AASD15A controller parameter:

The cost for these actuators is low. Perhaps it makes sense for someone that doesn't have the tools on the free time to get involved into manufacturing the SFX actuators from parts, to buy this ready actuator that is finished with industrial quality and has warranty for two years. Neither-less to say these actuators are a bit over-engineered and designed for 100% duty cycle, meaning they can be used 24/7 with no intermission, if you look at the market most of the linear actuators mention recommended use duty cycles of 10 or 20 percent perhaps to prevent wear of the crappy material used in them lol.

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:

You can use these actuators with SFX100 software and the Leonardo board. But they won't move beyond 100mm... Otherwise they will work the same. You will still need to "step" on them to move them manually down as before... not really good method!

I don't use Arduino. I use the Atmega1280 chip programmed in Assembly language to achieve the low level control of the timers needed for the complex pulse counting for all 6 actuators the AMC-AASD15A controller drives simultaneously. But its adjustable to use 4 actuators or less if needed:

You won't be limited to one software that it might suddenly stop providing support or just disappear. You can use Simtools or any other motion software that is compatible with all my AMC controllers (Ian's BFF motion software, x-sim3 etc).

AMC-AASD15_TOP_sm.jpg

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:
You can use these actuators with SFX100 software and the Leonardo board. But they won't move beyond 100mm... Otherwise they will work the same. You will still need to "step" on them to move them manually down as before... not really good method!

I don't use Arduino. I use the Atmega1280 chip programmed in Assembly language to achieve the low level control of the timers needed for the complex pulse counting for all 6 actuators the AMC-AASD15A controller drives simultaneously. But its adjustable to use 4 actuators or less if needed:
The Atmega1280 microcontroller on my controller is using a custom secure bootloader, that can be updated with the free updates I offer via hex file. See a similar controller and how I offer the updates for it:
https://github.com/tronicgr/AMC-MDBOX_FIRMWARE

The AMC-AASD15A, will cost around 250usd since its been completely manufactured by hand by me, but I'm looking for other alternatives to outsource manufacturing for larger quantities (if there is enough interest) to drop the prices even more. But hey, using the AMC-AASD15A controller you won't be limited to one software that it might suddenly stop providing support or just disappear. You can use Simtools or any other motion software that is compatible with all my AMC controllers (Ian's BFF motion software, x-sim3 etc).

View attachment 306216

Thanks
Thanos

Thanks for your reply, Thanos.

It's very interesting to watch your work progressing along and I will be following closely to see where this goes.

For me personally, I don't think I could commit to going down this path just at the moment because I get the impression that quite a high level of electronics knowledge is required in order to get over the finish line (clearly not an issue for you :)) but intimidating for myself.

Once more people have completed the system I can see it becoming very popular as there will then be a pool of built up knowledge and practical shopping lists etc...

This is genuinely clever work you are doing :thumbsup:

The Atmega1280 microcontroller on my controller is using a custom secure bootloader, that can be updated with the free updates I offer via hex file. See a similar controller and how I offer the updates for it: https://github.com/tronicgr/AMC-MDBOX_FIRMWARE

The AMC-AASD15A, will cost around 280usd since its been completely manufactured by hand by me, but I'm looking for other alternatives to outsource manufacturing for larger quantities (if there is enough interest) to drop the prices even more. But hey, using the AMC-AASD15A controller you won't be limited to one software that it might suddenly stop providing support or just disappear. You can use Simtools or any other motion software that is compatible with all my AMC controllers (Ian's BFF motion software, x-sim3 etc).

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:
Just testing the servomotor actuator in Simtools (LFS) running over some curbs to see the reaction speed of the actuator... A little bit faster than anticipated but hey this is a 500mm/actuator I have...
I can also adjusted the intensity of the motion via Simtools to make less aggressive, which is a must to avoid injuring your self with these 3G acceleration actuators!!!!

Here is the difference with intensity settings on Simtools:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back