Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

Just testing the servomotor actuator in Simtools (LFS) running over some curbs to see the reaction speed of the actuator... A little bit faster than anticipated but hey this is a 500mm/actuator I have...
I can also adjusted the intensity of the motion via Simtools to make less aggressive, which is a must to avoid injuring your self with these 3G acceleration actuators!!!!

Here is the difference with intensity settings on Simtools:
Nice work, but if I see the readings on the driver the output is way to high
so adjust intensity and smoothing is needed otherwise you gonna fly in your rig
And you get a overload A06 notification on your drive if you
connect it to a gamerig + passenger =180KG ( believe me if you crash into a wall @high speed )
But I must say the mechanical actuator runs smooth and reasonable quiet
BTW 100 mm of travel for simracing is more then enough travel 2-3 cm each site thus 6 cm= enough
Or you must playing flightsims
how many motors can your electronics drive 4 or 5-6?

Last edited:
Yes you can limit max speed on the driver and speed can also be limited by the AMC controller... just showed extreme limits...

The AMC-AASD15A can do up to 6 actuators...
JPEG_20190517_161234.jpg

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:
Yes you can limit max speed on the driver and speed can also be limited by the AMC controller... just showed extreme limits...

The AMC-AASD15A can do up to 6 actuators...
View attachment 306261

Just got the PCBs, will do some assembly and show more about it tomorrow...

Thanks
Thanos
Ok i'am watching this project I 'am a SFX100 user but I can't use more then 4 drives
So with your electronics I can use simtools and benefit from a extra drive
This I'am asking because I have a 5e motor and drive unused @HOME and I want to use a "real traction loss " module frame like Prosimu using
We wait and see how your project goes

Hi,Mate,I am engieer Shao from PT-Actuator, I can't agree with you more that the actuators from sfx 100,all parts all could be repaired or make a new one, but, for my concept of the actuator, it should be something like a tank , but the only thing is make this affordable, what do you think?

Ok i'am watching this project I 'am a SFX100 user but I can't use more then 4 drives
So with your electronics I can use simtools and benefit from a extra drive
This I'am asking because I have a 5e motor and drive unused @HOME and I want to use a "real traction loss " module frame like Prosimu using
We wait and see how your project goes

Where are you located? You might be perfect candidate for beta testing. I'll be needing someone with 5 actuators too, since traction loss ability is needed to be also tested.

I do get that it will be plug and play when it's finished. It wouldn't be plug and play for me today because the full list of parts needed to complete a system aren't available.

What full list of part are you speaking about ? I must miss something in your vision...

- fully assembled actuators + motors +AASD driver's are available from PT Actuator. (Cables done and everything)

- PT is also selling a rig mount system for their actuators.

- Thanos AMC controler is almost finish, first beta test are gonna start. This controler will be sold fully assembled/soldered. It's not intended to be sold as a PCB + components to solder yourself.

So everything is available to "complete a system" like you said :)

If I can help to clarify something, tell me.

I built the SFX100, very happy with it and the price point if you go on price alone seems to beat anything out there. It is DIY and you need to spend some time to do it. The end result is outstanding though.

I have also seen a lot of people ask if someone can build them a SFX because they dont have the time or they dont think they have the skills etc..

For those people I think this looks excellent, lightyears cheaper than something like dbox and if you don't want to build it yourself you have to expect to pay more.. This is more than DIY price but the increase in price looks easily justified, in fact, very very good.

What full list of part are you speaking about ? I must miss something in your vision...

- fully assembled actuators + motors +AASD driver's are available from PT Actuator. (Cables done and everything)

- PT is also selling a rig mount system for their actuators.

- Thanos AMC controler is almost finish, first beta test are gonna start. This controler will be sold fully assembled/soldered. It's not intended to be sold as a PCB + components to solder yourself.

So everything is available to "complete a system" like you said :)

If I can help to clarify something, tell me.

I guess I'm not putting my thoughts into text very clearly so I apologise for that.

On the discord channel it is stated that this system is still in the prototype/development stage so even if all of the finished parts were available (they aren't) it wouldn't be that simple for someone of my ability to plug everything and have it work straight away.

I might be wrong in having those thoughts but that's how it looks from my perspective today :)

Thanks for the offer to clarify things I don't understand. You might regret saying that when I get to the 100th question :roflmao:

@EsxPaul Come to the discord channel and ask what you want.

Put your thoughts aside cause they are leading you to misunderstandings.

Everything is and will be plug and play. If you go the PT actuator route, you will have nothing to solder or assemble. Except plug in cables of course...

@EsxPaul Come to the discord channel and ask what you want.

Put your thoughts aside cause they are leading you to misunderstandings.

Everything is and will be plug and play. If you go the PT actuator route, you will have nothing to solder or assemble. Except plug in cables of course...

Thanks mate, I've already joined and have been having a good read to try and catch up to speed. It's all very impressive.

Hi,Mate,I am engieer Shao from PT-Actuator, I can't agree with you more that the actuators from sfx 100,all parts all could be repaired or make a new one, but, for my concept of the actuator, it should be something like a tank , but the only thing is make this affordable, what do you think?
Many people are scared to make actuators for themselves so you are good here
But the concept to mount is to high we (SFX100) lower ower seat position as low as possible
Thus bottom chair as highs 5-10 cm so that moutingblock on your actuator should the lower site of the actuator ( just my 2 cents )

Many people are scared to make actuators for themselves so you are good here
But the concept to mount is to high we (SFX100) lower ower seat position as low as possible
Thus bottom chair as highs 5-10 cm so that moutingblock on your actuator should the lower site of the actuator ( just my 2 cents )

The actuators come with adjustable mounts for different heights. Also via the AMC-AASD15A controller you can define the actual stroke of the actuators to be as small as you need, or even different strokes (larger stroke for traction loss actuator perhaps).

Awesome job Tron.

forgive my ignorance, but does your board replace the driver for the motor that is required by the SFX system or does it just interface with the driver, however being able to interface with other drivers than the very specific one that the SFX system uses.

Either way great work and thank your for opening up another option for those of us looking to try a DIY motion setup

Last edited:
Awesome job Tron.

forgive my ignorance, but does your board replace the driver for the motor that is required by the SFX system or does it just interface with the driver, however being able to interface with other drivers than the very specific one that the SFX system uses.

Either way great work and thank your for opening up another option for those of us looking to try a DIY motion setup

This is a controler that allows you to control AASD drivers (used by SFX100 for example) and use different motion software like Simtools.

You will always need a driver to control an actuator.

Since all is working as designed, I'll build more prototypes and decide which persons should be getting some free beta prototype controllers.

I already decided to two persons on Discord, to receive beta controllers, one from US and one from France.
But I'd like another one or two persons from UK preferably, but other European countries are welcome.

Some requirements to meet:
-Must have AASD-15A servos, and perhaps an extra AASD-15A servo for traction loss testing
-Must have Simtools license and some knowledge to use it. Unreleased Simtools 2.4 beta will be provided from me for the tests.

If you are interested, send me PM message along a few photos of your rig or video.

I'll be making my decision within a week. Until then I'll be building the beta prototypes to be available for shipping ASAP.

IMG_20190519_081648.jpg

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 29 23.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 20.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 18.0%