TH8A always defaults to controller 1

Denis Betty

The older I get, the better I was.
Staff
Premium
I've just done a fresh install of windows and I can't get my shifter to stay in controller 3 slot.
I have separate wheel and pedals, so I need them to be in slots 1 & 2 respectively. I've had this problem before and solved it by installing my controllers one at a time, with a PC reboot in between, but this no longer seems to work.
Any ideas?
TIA.

I haven't used this myself, but looks like it could do the job:
A question regarding controllers
Thanks, I finally got it working. The trick, for me, was to avoid plugging the shifter in during the software installation. The software asks me to plug in all Thrustmaster devices, then it says it's detecting and finally it finishes the install. I just installed the shifter software last, then shut down the PC and restarted on the button. Allegedly, this is different to hitting restart because settings are saved.
Anyway, once the PC restarted, I plugged in the shifter, made sure it was in slot 3, tested it in the software panel and shut down the PC.
I was pretty relieved when I booted it back up (on the button), to find it had stayed in slot 3. I even tried a restart after that. So far, so good.
Fingers crossed that it stays put. :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back