Test Drive Unlimited

I got my grubby paws on this game today (bargain at $20), and so far, no fun at all. I can't even get past the first cutscenes without the graphics locking up! Little squares start appearing on the screen, and then everything freezes... :(

I'm sure it's not a problem with my hardware - my graphics card is an Nvidia 9800GT, with 1GB of memory I believe, and I have 4GB of RAM - yet I'm running it on Medium graphics settings and it still crashes.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I really want to give this game a try... :(

No idea, I run the game on high settings with HDR and antialiasing on, and it runs fine. I only have 2GB RAM and a 9600GT so it's sure that's not the problem for you.
Did you install the patch btw?

Edit: what's your OS?
(Mine is XP Home.)

Ah cool.. I only played 4 challenges or so. Still rookie, but have a nice vette that goes around 300km/h :) sweet. I will do some more challenges today I hope. Need to catch up with Bram.
It should be possible to use my xbox profile.... everything unlocked :)

I just won the time challenge of 22 minutes on the north shore of the Island. Won $100K :) I am now saving my money to setup a RaceDepartment clubhouse in the game where we all can gather for some racing :) Still some challenges to go as it will require $350K to open one :)

I just won the time challenge of 22 minutes on the north shore of the Island. Won $100K :) I am now saving my money to setup a RaceDepartment clubhouse in the game where we all can gather for some racing :) Still some challenges to go as it will require $350K to open one :)

Just do the same race 3 times. You still win money even after you do it the first time.

I just raced online with two nice guys. And they showed me the trick to race on Eden Island. We did some offroad driving and all of a sudden Scotty beamed us up to race on an island in the sea. Very cool stuff :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back