Test Drive Unlimited 2

Thanks for the info, enjoyed 'unlimited', whether it was cruzing, racing or customizing it was all fun. I hope U2 is just as good with better stuff.

I haven't played the beta so i don't know what to expect, there is a couple things i hope they improve on.. that is being chased by the cops, they should have 2 levels.. local cops (normal v8 cruzer's) and highway patrol (Mustang SRT, Vette or Lambo etc) with helicopter support. (1)

If you get away from the local cops, they report you to highway patrol and while being chased by Highway patrol they should give you a timer before helicopter support becomes available to them, giving you some time to decide either try and loose highway patrol before the chopper shows up or give up and take the penalty. And if the chopper is on you the cops ramp up their efforts to catch you with road spikes and more highway patrol, also the highway patrol AI would be great if it could spin you out with a rear bumper tap or perform the PIT move if there is 3 or more highway patrol on you.

If the cops have got the upper hand then there should be safe havens on the islands were you have some chance of loosing the cops & helicopter eg tunnels, allyways, carprks or mountain roads with lots of trees etc, but these safe haven's only pop up on gps when cops are after you meaning they will always be some were different and be miles away from your current position (otherside of the island), making your task to reach them difficult, safehaven markers could be something you have to earn? The more innocent cars you ram into while trying to get away frm highway patrol the quicker the helicopter timer goes down.

Also a variety of police dialogue on the scanner would be cool and making it more personal like eg: " All available units be on the lookout for.. (your car).. the vehicle is registered to.. (your game name & address) the offender is a.. (gender & physical stats) and last seen wearing.. (whateva you picked frm your wardrobe or shop you most recently visited), the offender is also wanted for questioning regarding.. (your no' of traffic violations, red lights, accidents, manslaughter etc). Another scenario could be cop on the side of the road with radar detector, then you fly past, the cop radio's in something in like "L-A Mary 4 beginning pursuit of vehicle exceeding speed limit, wait for license confirmation details" if he get's close enough to get your license plate number then the dispatcher will rattle off your details while your trying to put some distance between you and the law, the chase begins.

Also simulation mode as an option from the start would good, (2) other things i'd like to see would be semi trucks and road works including the guy holding the stop sign. (3) If they could animate him jumping out the way for his life when you rock past in your Mclaren @300 clicks that would be worth a smile. (4)

Yeah! all wishful thinking i know, maybe one day soon.

i wanted to sift through all of this, so i have put numbers in bold red next to the according points:

1. The poice chases will be improved a lot, mainly due to the fact that the player can become the police and chase the criminals down, as for helicopters, ;)

2. There is 1 driving mode from the start which is supposed to be a balance between arcade and simulation, they have done a driving model for each seperate car.

3. Simple answer, there won't be!

4. No people in this game at all (bar avatars), to focus on the driving aspects.

Missed this thread somehow... :thanks:

If I knew I'd be able to run it properly, I'd preorder now :love:

no problemo!

This is the provisional spec we know:
Minimum Requirements:
Operating System:Windows XP SP2, Vista SP2, Windows 7
Processor:Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon X2 4400+
RAM: 2GB
Video: Nvidia GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon HD 3870
Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible
Hard Disk: 9GB
Peripherals: 10-button controller such as Xbox 360 or Logitech Dual-Action
Other: Internet Broadband Connection, Microsoft .NET 3.5 required

pre-order and you get bonus stuff for it.

We have received some very nice screenshots from Atari showing their upcoming game Test Drive Unlimited 2 in full detail.

Want to see more of TDU2? Head over to the Test Drive Unlimited 2 forums and join the discussion and view more screenshots.

tdu2_1.jpg

tdu2_2.jpg

tdu2_3.jpg

tdu2_4.jpg

Attachments

• tdu2_5.jpg
    tdu2_5.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 240
  • tdu2_6.jpg
    tdu2_6.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 229
  • tdu2_7.jpg
    tdu2_7.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 240
  • tdu2_8.jpg
    tdu2_8.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 266
  • tdu2_9.jpg
    tdu2_9.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 263
  • tdu2_10.jpg
    tdu2_10.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 248
  • tdu2_11.jpg
    tdu2_11.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 244
  • tdu2_13.jpg
    tdu2_13.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 232
  • tdu2_14.jpg
    tdu2_14.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 263
  • tdu2_12.jpg
    tdu2_12.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 229
Hard Core mode (selection) was added to the beta menu. But it wasn't implemented in the beta. The game supposedly has a new physics engine. While TDU used the engine form Sega Rally days. So there is hope. Even if it only has arcade physics, I wouldn't call it "rubbish"! It has many fun things, and is the only driving game with a large open environment (several thousand miles), with traffic and cops. It also has far supeiror graphics to TDU. But we can't expect super graphics in such a large environment. No present system could run them.

@Bram, 'Hardcore' was the mode added to the game, which made it more like simulation, gave a greater range of options.
@David, The physics have been re-done from top to bottom, so you shouldn't need one, but eden are looking for people to work on one if the opinion is that it needs one. :cool:

I played beta for hour or two, couldn't stand it how bad it is (or, I hope WAS). Driving is retarded (on G25), physics is laughable, graphics smeary and bloomy. :(
Worst than TDU1, amazingly. But that was beta, maybe retail could be better, but that's not enough I'm afraid.

Joe Bough;692265 said:
@Bram, 'Hardcore' was the mode added to the game, which made it more like simulation, gave a greater range of options.
@David, The physics have been re-done from top to bottom, so you shouldn't need one, but eden are looking for people to work on one if the opinion is that it needs one. :cool:
You don't seem to understand the difference between the physics engine and how they are implemented in the individual cars. rFactor mods have very different physics. But use the same physics engine. Do you get it now?

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 9 25.0%