Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Application 2.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Is there a way I can output this into another computer?
Yep.

In simplest form, you just redirect the feed from F1 2013 to that another computer. It could be e.g. your laptop (running Windows or Mac).

For this you need to know the IP address of that another computer. Then in the datafeed settings in the hardware_settings_config.xml you replace ip="127.0.0.1" to be ip="<the desired ip>". This will redirect the F1 2013 datafeed to that another computer and you can then run the Telemetry Application there.

You can also do the redirection via the Telemetry Application, if you want to use the app in two locations. For this, see the help file (press F1 in my app).

If you need more help let me know.

Last edited:
Yep.

In simplest form, you just redirect the feed from F1 2013 to that another computer. It could be e.g. your laptop (running Windows or Mac).

For this you need to know the IP address of that another computer. Then in the datafeed settings in the hardware_settings_config.xml you replace ip="127.0.0.1" to be ip="<the desired ip>". This will redirect the F1 2013 datafeed to that another computer and you can then run the Telemetry Application there.

You can also do the redirection via the Telemetry Application, if you want to use the app in two locations. For this, see the help file (press F1 in my app).

If you need more help let me know.

Thanks! I'll give it a go! :)

Hey, is there a way you can add info. I mean, like current position in Race mode, gap to any car on the grid. Just a list of all drivers and gaps. Also like, current fuel mixture, current fuel level (+1/+2/optimal). Such stuff?

Hey, is there a way you can add info. I mean, like current position in Race mode, gap to any car on the grid. Just a list of all drivers and gaps. Also like, current fuel mixture, current fuel level (+1/+2/optimal). Such stuff?
I would love to do that, but ...

With the current output of the datafeed that is not possible. If someone creates a .dll, which can read + export those values, then I can use such a .ddl and add them. The feed at the moment only contains your car data, namely:
  • Time (since start of session), current laptime, distance driven, distance in %
  • Coordinates + speed
  • Rotations
  • Suspension position + speed + wheelspeed
  • Throttle, brake, clutch & steer
  • G-forces
  • Lap number + revs
So what you see in my application, is a combination of these + data collected from the game files + plenty of magic.

I would love to do that, but ...

With the current output of the datafeed that is not possible. If someone creates a .dll, which can read + export those values, then I can use such a .ddl and add them. The feed at the moment only contains your car data, namely:
  • Time (since start of session), current laptime, distance driven, distance in %
  • Coordinates + speed
  • Rotations
  • Suspension position + speed + wheelspeed
  • Throttle, brake, clutch & steer
  • G-forces
  • Lap number + revs
So what you see in my application, is a combination of these + data collected from the game files + plenty of magic.

Ahh, it'd be so amazing to send that data to someone and use him as an engineer. :(

kenken had a dll in his data logger, is it something like that? Maybe he can help, if you're interested in making those stuff. :D

P.S. In the past 2 hours I've been searching for how to rate a mod and I can't find it. Have RD removed it or something?

Ahh, it'd be so amazing to send that data to someone and use him as an engineer. :(

kenken had a dll in his data logger, is it something like that? Maybe he can help, if you're interested in making those stuff. :D

P.S. In the past 2 hours I've been searching for how to rate a mod and I can't find it. Have RD removed it or something?

True, it would be great, if you could have more data coming from F1 201x games.

On the .dll I was thinking about kenken. But only if he decides to do new version of his Datalogger, I will get in touch with him. I have looked at the .dll in Datalogger 2012, but haven't put much effort info getting data out of it and would do such thing only at his approval and only if he decides to make such .dll available.

For the rating, I think you can click on the stars on the right hand side and then leave your comments too.

Im not very computer wise so, while the program runs, i cant get into to work. please, the "read me" file doesnt really help, can you explain in better detail? Thanks, looks like an awesome mod and i cant wait to use it.

Im not very computer wise so, while the program runs, i cant get into to work. please, the "read me" file doesnt really help, can you explain in better detail? Thanks, looks like an awesome mod and i cant wait to use it.
So here is how you start using the Telemetry Tool:

1. First you need to have Java installed in your system
2. Then enable the data feed from F1 2013.
For this, you need to to enable it in the hardware_settings_config.xml (typically in your <userDir>\My Documents\My Games\FormulaOne2013\hardwaresettings). Edit the hardware_settings_config.xml to set the line starting with <motion to be as follows: <motion enabled="true" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" delay="1" extradata="1" />
This will output the data to local port 20777, which is the default for my app as well.
3. Then start the F1 2013
4. Then start the Telemetry Application. if you get firewall warning etc, let the Telemetry application accept connections.
5. Go to Time Trial and start driving, in the Telemetry panel you should see the telemetry lines forming and on the right bottom map you can see the red dot moving on the map. Or you could go to the Statistics tab and there you should see data like speed changing. If there is none, then the datafeed is not coming through.

Hi, just gotta say what an awesome tool.

But I just cant get it to work at two locations at the same time, bc I dont understand how to do it. I've managed to get it to work on both computers, but not at the same time.
Ive tried to add an extra line in hardware_settings_config.xml, but it didnt work obviously

Could you please write out the line to add or give me a really good "how to", bc I cant find any good use of the Help in the program.

I think after you have changed your hardware_settings_config.xml file you have to set it to "read only" in properties, otherwise it will revert back to default?

Hi, just gotta say what an awesome tool.

But I just cant get it to work at two locations at the same time, bc I dont understand how to do it. I've managed to get it to work on both computers, but not at the same time.
Ive tried to add an extra line in hardware_settings_config.xml, but it didnt work obviously

Could you please write out the line to add or give me a really good "how to", bc I cant find any good use of the Help in the program.

I know, the help is not overly well done. I might put some effort for it at a later stage.

You can use the Telemetry Application on two additional locations like this:

1. Have the tool working properly on one location
2. In the app, press ctrl-s on (or go File->Save settings). This creates the settings\settings.xml file
3. Edit in the install dir the file settings\settings.xml (e.g. with notepad or notepad++)

By default in the settings.xml you should find the following lines
<!-- UDP traffic redirect options -->
<!-- UDP_1 redirect active -->
<entry key="out_1">false</entry>
<!-- UDP_1 redirect IP -->
<entry key="out_1_ip">127.0.0.1</entry>
<!-- UDP_1 redirect PORT -->
<entry key="out_1_port">20776</entry>
<!-- UDP traffic redirect 2 options --> ...

Change this to
<entry key="out_1">true</entry>
Change the 127.0.0.1 to the IP, where you would like to resend the feed
Change the 20776 to be the port on the above address. If you run my application on the other address on default settings, then change this to 20777.

If you need to send the traffic also to 2nd location, do the similar changes to the UDP_2 lines.

4. Then restart the telemetry app. In the Telemetry graph panel, press key S and on the statistics it should say Out: <new IP>:<port>

Thanx! working now! Wow, very cool. Will you be adding to it along the way or is this the finished product?

Also, im running this during my races and it working great as it gives me a quick thing to look at during my pit stops to see how im doing

Thanx! working now! Wow, very cool. Will you be adding to it along the way or is this the finished product?

Also, im running this during my races and it working great as it gives me a quick thing to look at during my pit stops to see how im doing

Yep, I do the same. That is the reason I added the graph view for laptimes/sectortimes as that is much easier to check, when you drive around.

The product is not finished. I will be adding things to it slowly. My work takes more and more time, but I will be updating the application as we move forward. There are little fixes lined up + some small additions.

hey Iko, first of all, thx very much for this amazing tool, awesome work man.

Since the mainly purpose of the tool is analice and compare, is there a way to get data from the best laps on each circuit from other drivers?

I dont know if its possible to get a "csv"/log from a downloaded hotlap ghost (time trial) or something like that.

thx again Iko, I test deeply this afternoon.

Last edited:
hey Iko, first of all, thx very much for this amazing tool, awesome work man.

Since the mainly purpose of the tool is analice and compare, is there a way to get data from the best laps on each circuit from other drivers?

I dont know if its possible to get a "csv"/log from a downloaded hotlap ghost (time trial) or something like that.

thx again Iko, I test deeply this afternoon.

I doubt that you can get the telemetry from the hotlap data. If you look at the data at <F12013>\ghostlaps you see, that the ghostlap format is just plain xml with car's orientation, location and time. So my guess is that this is the format of the data you get, when you download a ghost. With the position + time data the program can provide you the timediff etc. And I don't know, if that data is stored locally.

And the savegame hotlap is somehow encrypted and I cannot open it, but I would expect, that it is in the same format, just packed + encrypted.

So best would be to have people uploading their telemetry data somewhere for the others to download, like I did with my sample Spa lap data.

Can someone please give me a baby step guide on how to install this MOD?

Ive installed JAVA easy enough, but im struggling to understand where exactly to place the telemetry files. Do they go inside the 'tracks' folder and into 'circuits' or somewhere else?

Secondly, im finding the instructions on editing the XML file not entirely clear.. Could someone please clarify what exactly and where in the file the line needs to be placed?

Thank you very much for any help.

Can someone please give me a baby step guide on how to install this MOD?

Ive installed JAVA easy enough, but im struggling to understand where exactly to place the telemetry files. Do they go inside the 'tracks' folder and into 'circuits' or somewhere else?

Secondly, im finding the instructions on editing the XML file not entirely clear.. Could someone please clarify what exactly and where in the file the line needs to be placed?

Thank you very much for any help.

Simplest way to install the mod, is to unzip the whole package where you desire. I have the whole package under <userdir>\Telemetry2013. By default the program will create/use the directories under the location, where Telemetry.jar resides , but you could have the Telemetry.jar in Program Files and the data files e.g. in the userdir

If with editing the xml file you mean editing the hardware_settings_config.xml, please see one of the earlier replies to this thread.

Or do you mean editing the baseSettings.xml for setting the location of the data files?

Hey this looks very promising, however I have problems using it.
I run F1 2013 on Win 7 and the Telemetry Tool on my Mac.
I set the F1 Output to the IP-adress of my mac and it seems to be able to connect. However I get weird readings and no graphs:
When I am going down the straight it shows me speeds below 30kph, sometimes even negative numbers.
Also it always seems to be thinking, that I am staying in the pits. No laptimes or splits are getting recorded. Only spin (?!) in the "Race Info" tab.

Any solutions?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back