Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Application 2.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Iko Rein submitted a new resource:

Telemetry application for F1201x 1.01 - Analyze telemetry data from F1 201x games

New version of the Telemetry application. This one has been adapted to the track data in F1 2013.

Functionality:
  • Analyze the telemetry data using graphs
  • Use RaceInfo panel to view lap/sector times and time/speed delta
  • Analyze your driving lines against the "optimal" line
  • Visually compare two laps on speed, gear changes etc.
  • See some statistics, like e.g. how much you run on full throttle
New features:
  • F1 2013 Classic + Standard track data added (sectors,...

Read more about this resource...

This is great
I tried it and working fine on a 2nd Monitor. UNforfunately F1 2013 needs to run in a window. If I enlarge the window with ALT+Enter , then the 2nd Monitor where the Telemetrie program is running, is getting dark.
Running F1 2013 is normally not a Problem as I can hide the taskbar, but the top window bar is still visible.
Any advise on how to best run the Telemetrie as I would like to have it live

Thanks in advance
REgards
Sven

I am running it in the same setup, i.e. F1 2013 in windowed mode and the app in second screen. I used to run the app on my laptop, but I don't use it that way often anymore.

So if you have spare laptop, you could forward the telemetry output from your desktop to the laptop and run the Telemetry app there.

If someone knows, what setup could allow you to run F1 2013 in fullscreen mode on one monitor screen and have the second monitor available, that would be great.

Here is a print screen from my setup.
2_Screen2.png

I have played a bit with the multimonitor setup in Windows 7 with having F1 2013 in fullscreen mode in one monitor and Telemetry app visible in second monitor.

What I found out, was that if you:
  1. start the Telemetry app,
  2. move it to the second screen and
  3. then resize the Telemetry app window so that the other side's border is bit visible on the other monitor and the other side is bit outside of the monitor,
  4. and you use the ALT-ENTER, the Telemetry app stays visible.
I cannot reliably repeat this all the time, but redoing the resizing of the window allows me with about 2-5 tries to get the Telemetry app to be visible on the other monitor while F1 2013 runs fullscreen on the other monitor.

I don't know, if this is Nvidia thing or something else. I also have setup my system so, that application focus follows mouse cursor, so using the app with keys doesn't take F1 2013 out of the fullscreen mode, as I don't have to click the Telemetry app with mouse in order to use it.

If I find a way to reliably do this all the time, I will let you know.

In short:
  • You must have Java installed, then
  • unpack the .zip to the desired directory
  • enable data feed from F1 2013
  • start F1 2013 and
  • double click on the telemery.jar
Please read the ReadMe.txt in the package on the exact details.
thanks iko, i already work, but as I can run at the same time see the telemetry?

as I keep several turns to open them after the program and play??...thanks

This is really good, just did my out lap using it and i already see where i need to improve. Aside form that i'm having issues with the in-game audio, the music and menu sounds are fine but I can't hear the engine or anything else in the garage. Could be a fault on my part though.

This is really good, just did my out lap using it and i already see where i need to improve. Aside form that i'm having issues with the in-game audio, the music and menu sounds are fine but I can't hear the engine or anything else in the garage. Could be a fault on my part though.

Great to hear that the Telemetry tool helps you.

For the game audio, I had the same issue, i.e. when you move out from F1 2013 to another app (like my Telemetry app), sometimes the sound disappeared. I think the patch 1 fixed it, but I haven't played enough to verify this. But my initial feeling after about 4 hours playing/testing with patch1 + patch2, is that the bug it is gone now.

Last edited:
I have a little problem, I run F1 2013 and Telemetry.jar I'm on barhrain, I ride, but nothing happens at the telemetry, how to settle the problem?

ca nothing infact, I have java installed the latest version, when I go into statistics, I have no data STORED OFFLINE

Sorry for my bad english :)

I have a little problem, I run F1 2013 and Telemetry.jar I'm on barhrain, I ride, but nothing happens at the telemetry, how to settle the problem?
To me it sounds, like you don't get the feed from F1 2013 to the Telemetry app.
  • Have you enabled the data feed from F1 2013? If not, do that first. See ReadMe.txt in the .zip for details. Make sure the port and IP are correct (as in the ReadMe.txt)
  • If datafeed is enabled, what happens when you are in Telemetry tab and drive around? Do you see the graph being drawn? If not, is in the button after the text RED LINE text 'live data'? If not,

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Application with a new update entry:

Telemetry Application for F1 201x games

New version of the Telemetry Application for F1 201x games.

Key new features/fixes
  • Added sector times to the Raceinfopanel graph
  • ComparisonPanel, Added comparison to previous lap + engine revs
  • Fixed Monza sector time calculation
  • Fixes to other tracks sector locations
  • Added the real sector values for Imola & Jerez from their progress_track.xml files
  • Reduced memory footprint
  • Other small fixes here and there

Read the rest of this update entry...

I would like to also share one TT lap telemetry data just for fun. This is a lap of Spa (Williams, standard setup, one click left from the fastest, 1.50:829). The lap is nothing spectacular. I think it was my 5th TT lap in Spa on F1 2013 and it was on 31st of October ranked around 550th. You could load this as reference lap, then load my ghost and see, how your lap compares to mine.

The file is in Mega at the following url:
https://mega.co.nz/#!PRlDRR6Y!ZxqksQcdfC5nxOrwNuzT4RUBsjczLa2JNUsuxHZIciU

I will not try to improve this time in the near future, but when I get to do that, I will post updated telemetry data.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 336 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%