Resource icon

Misc Telemetry application 0.99

Login or Register an account to download this content
Iko Rein submitted a new resource:

Telemetry application for F1201x - Analyze telemetry data from F1 201x games in graph view/map view and save lap/sector times.

Hello,

I have created a telemetry application for the F1 201x games (I did quick test with Dirt 3 too). This application lets you e.g.
  • Compare different laps (current / offline lap vs. fastest/"reference lap") telemetry data in graph view
  • View the driving lines taken and compare them to the fastest lap and to the optimal racing line
  • Save lap times with sector times for later viewing (.csv format)
  • Save the telemetry data (the standard .csv format).
The application...

Read more about this resource...

I think it should work with any card.

On the Virtualbox (host was 32bit Win7) it works on the emulated graphics card. It also works on my laptop, which cannot run F1 2012.

To capture the telemetry data from the F1 2012, you need to enable it in the hardware_settings_config.xml (typically in your userDir\My Documents\My Games\FormulaOne2012\hardwaresettings). There set the line starting with <motion to be as follows: <motion enabled="true" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" delay="1" extradata="1" />
This will output the data to local port 20777, which is the default for my app as well.

wow, it looks fantastic... all these additional informations, all these new ways to learn, analyze and progress.. that is what was missing in the game in my opinion, a bit more tactical, thoughtful and mathematical side. thank you very very much !

There must be something wrong with the app. I drove a couple laps on Hungaroring, then closed the telemetry program. I opened it up later and selected Hungaroring from the menu to have a look at the graphs and stuff. It automatically loaded some data, but it's all messed up (See below). This also happens when I open a file from the fastest_laps or lapdata folder.

6f9d6c357f47bab13c54b05011e64eac.png

2a7b7f64f1718616e8d6b147bf09d65c.png

I even updated Java but it did not have any effect whatsoever. Am I just doing something wrong or is this a bug in the program?

Hmm, your fastest lap is most likely messed up. I've had this once, but could not reproduce it.

For solution, you might want to delete the Hungaroring fastest lap from the fastest lap directory (<base-dir>/fastest_laps/Hungaroring_dry_tt.csv).

What is your platform, where you run this?

Hmm, your fastest lap is most likely messed up. I've had this once, but could not reproduce it.

For solution, you might want to delete the Hungaroring fastest lap from the fastest lap directory (<base-dir>/fastest_laps/Hungaroring_dry_tt.csv).

What is your platform, where you run this?

Running both the game and the telemetry program on Windows 7. I don't think it's just the fastest lap, it does that to all imported laps as well, regardless of whether there is a fastest_lap file or not. If I delete the fastest lap and record again, it's fine until I close the telemetry program and open it again, at which point everything's all messed up again.

Another question, are other laps being stored properly or was this a "one-off"?

Not sure what you mean by "one-off", but I recorded 2 or 3 laps on 3 different tracks and none of those show up correctly after closing and restarting the program.

Not sure what you mean by "one-off", but I recorded 2 or 3 laps on 3 different tracks and none of those show up correctly after closing and restarting the program.

I found the issue. In your system, you most likely use ',' (i.e. comma) as decimal separator and that causes the system to fail. For people using '.' (i.e. point) as decimal separator this issue doesn't come into light. I will check, how to fix this and will post new version, when I have tested it.

Thank you for reporting this.

I found the issue. In your system, you most likely use ',' (i.e. comma) as decimal separator and that causes the system to fail. For people using '.' (i.e. point) as decimal separator this issue doesn't come into light. I will check, how to fix this and will post new version, when I have tested it.

Thank you for reporting this.

No problem, glad to be of assistance. But is that the problem, though? I just checked and I was using the point as a decimal separator. I also asked my friend, who is having the exact same problem, to have a look at his settings and he is using the comma as a separator. It could just be that windows screwed up and is telling me it's set to a point even if it isn't. I'll have to check that.

Anyways, I hope you can get it fixed. Looking forward to the new version.

Edit: No, it doesn't seem to be caused by the decimal symbol. I made sure it's set to point and it's still doing it. Then again, I'm not a programmer so I could be wrong.. :p

Then again, I'm not a programmer so I could be wrong.. :p

I am not a professional programmer either, even though I have IT background.:)
The issue is related to the locales. To keep the .csv files compatible across countries, the decimals need to be point separated, i.e. 87.5887. But if the locale uses comma, i.e. 87,5887, this actually breaks the .csv format. Instead of having one double, you get two integers and that messes up everything. So I need to do a fix on the lap data saving to force the usage of point for decimals. Not a big thing, but needs to be done.

Oh, I see. No wonder it isn't working with all those values in the wrong places or not assigned to variables at all :) Also, sorry for not replying to your PM, I'm still new to RD so I didn't see the message notification.

Random question, are you Finnish too? :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back