Technology Preview - Time Attack - Top 30 Leaderboard

So... to kill some time i decided to make a Top 30 board for all RD members.
To get your time official you need to make a post and post a screenshot/video of the time.

Car - Lotus Elise SC
Track - Magione

edit: nevermind, people will never learn.
1.23.456 - Hampus Andersson
*picture or video*

Do not edit your own post telling me you have updated it with a new time, make a new post.

1. 1.21.813 - William Levesque
  2. 1.21.942 - Martin Kroenke
  3. 1.22.203 - Luca Sodano
  4. 1.22.248 - Requiem84
  5. 1.22.272 - Luke Russell
  6. 1.22.320 - Tariq Gamil
  7. 1.22.434 - Aleksi Elomaa
  8. 1.22.482 - tHenOrthfACe
  9. 1.22.536 - Jan Coomans
  10. 1.22.536 - Arkadiusz Wawrzyniak
  11. 1.22.557 - 6e66o
  12. 1.22.563 - Hampus Andersson
  13. 1.22.602 - Graham Byford
  14. 1.22.647 - Maciej Dolinski
  15. 1.22.779 - Mitja Bonca
  16. 1.22.785 - TLiivo
  17. 1.22.824 - Pablo Lopez
  18. 1.22.872 - BaldApe
  19. 1.22.938 - nijeat
  20. 1.22.974 - Lee Ross
  21. 1.22.974 - Craig Booth
  22. 1.23.052 - Salajutsu
  23. 1.23.082 - Dino Paolini
  24. 1.23.145 - Marcel Pfister
  25. 1.23.199 - Tony Rickard
  26. 1.23.232 - JvMr
  27. 1.23.256 - Michael Hornbuckle
  28. 1.23.301 - Jack Sargent
  29. 1.23.304 - Maciej Dolinski (with aids)
  30. 1.23.310 - Manuel Darin

1:24.018 with H shifter and no aids.
Above is my best so far, and my usual best times are around 1m24s2~3. Well, of course out of the chart.
I think my weakest point is actually the last S curve, I am occasionally inconsistent there. And it's been rather bad to take too late braking in sector 1 for me so far.

I need your advice to be more improved. Thanks.

My pb is 23.460 but i'm slow on the straights... Starting the lap and on the big straight i'm some km/hr slower than you and i was not late on the throtle compared with this lap... Why can this be happening? That's weird.

Might as well finally post my time here.

TLiivo 1:22:785
Best%20time.jpg

1:22:5xx possible, but can't put it together.

My pb is 23.460 but i'm slow on the straights... Starting the lap and on the big straight i'm some km/hr slower than you and i was not late on the throtle compared with this lap... Why can this be happening? That's weird.

Do you shift with the paddles, or with the H-shifter?

Autoclutch gives you a slightly slower shift, which costs you a little bit on acceleration and hence top speed.

Hi i have 2 questions here. (1) I playing 0.9.9 but the game didnt save my best time, how to solve this ?? (2) What is spike ?? I found many have high spikes (over 100) but i got something like 14 (1.4%), is that normal ??
Many thanks.

Well, for me even g27 pedals are hard because I don't have wheel stand... and I have a chair with wheels ;p I have to put it on the carpet to prevent sliding (pushing myself from pedals and wheel).
I use a chair with wheels too but i managed to solve it with a pair of these :)

sblom2.jpg

Although i think that will be hard to use with G-pedals, not sure if i can do it with my T500 pedals either.

Just wanted to throw it out there for people who maybe disappointed with the 1:22x guys sliding the Elise round Magione, this will ALWAYS happen in any driving sim. I've seen it being used in Ferrari Virtual Academy, iRacing and probably nK PRO (though I haven't seen any top laps in nK PRO). To me, there are realistic limits to sliding the car and what a lot of drivers here are doing I consider realistic. Once you have the car control, sliding the car a little bit in RL or sim, is something you develop and get used to. Just takes A LOT of driving time to get to that point and in depth thought about what the car is doing at every section of the corner (entry, mid and exit).

That's not to say ALL sliding laps are realistic, a very good example are the world records in LFS. There's a whole load of bs in what a lot of those drivers do. It takes skill to get to the level they did but you would never throw a car into a corner with a ton of lock on and instantly know to counter steer the wheel at the exact angle to lean on the tyres as much as possible in RL. That's the point it becomes a game and not a simulator. Mild sliding however, I think can be considered acceptable.

Anyway, keep practicing! :thumbsup: AC is definitely the best sim out there so it's worth investing your sim racing time solely in it :)

Just wanted to throw it out there for people who maybe disappointed with the 1:22x guys sliding the Elise round Magione, this will ALWAYS happen in any driving sim. I've seen it being used in Ferrari Virtual Academy, iRacing and probably nK PRO (though I haven't seen any top laps in nK PRO). To me, there are realistic limits to sliding the car and what a lot of drivers here are doing I consider realistic. Once you have the car control, sliding the car a little bit in RL or sim, is something you develop and get used to. Just takes A LOT of driving time to get to that point and in depth thought about what the car is doing at every section of the corner (entry, mid and exit).

That's not to say ALL sliding laps are realistic, a very good example are the world records in LFS. There's a whole load of bs in what a lot of those drivers do. It takes skill to get to the level they did but you would never throw a car into a corner with a ton of lock on and instantly know to counter steer the wheel at the exact angle to lean on the tyres as much as possible in RL. That's the point it becomes a game and not a simulator. Mild sliding however, I think can be considered acceptable.

Anyway, keep practicing! :thumbsup: AC is definitely the best sim out there so it's worth investing your sim racing time solely in it :)
Well, I know for a fact that my lap had some clever old school 4-wheel drift in a few corners where it was necessary to keep the momentum up, there wasn't any exaggeration so to say :p

By the way is there any DFGT (default set) user among this Top 30 leaderboard and if yes whats the best time ?? I wondering if i am wasting my time trying to get into at least 1:23.5xx if actually no other DFGT user able to do that.

Thanks for anyone who concern.

Yup but i found many top time here lap by G27 or some modified DFGT so i wonder if i could do the same since i using original DFGT here.
May be i have to spend lot more time to practice first since actually i only play on & off once every few days and only 1-2 hours if i play. Atm i cant even lap into 1:23.

Don't be fooled by other users' wheels. It has nothing to do with it. DFP and now current DFGT are, IMO, the BEST shifterless wheels available on the market. That's not to say they are worse in feel than their bigger brothers G25/G27, they feel very similar. I only briefly tried a DFGT at a GT5 comp and I remember feeling that the wheel was very responsive and I got a lot of feedback. I guess they just have lighter resistance in the pedals but that's not a big deal, just have to adapt to that.

I once used to think the same thing "Oh, I must have the wrong hardware" but it really has nothing to do with it. The FFB in Logitech wheels is excellent so DFGT/G27, it's not going to get you 1s/2s faster. As long as you're not using a Saitek or whatever, you're not going to be limited, though even though I say that, I believe Saitek wheels were based off the Microsoft Sidewinder FFB wheel and I had that wheel and it was excellent. You just got to focus on your driving.

Do you shift with the paddles, or with the H-shifter?

Autoclutch gives you a slightly slower shift, which costs you a little bit on acceleration and hence top speed.

Honestly can't find a way to use manual clutch with the h-shifter. Even disableing the autoclutch, it remains auto, the clutch is useless, a touch on the shifter and it changes gear... I'm using a t500. What am i doing wrong?

That is very strange. If you select 'use h-shifter' in the steering wheel options menu, autoclutch is automatically disabled.

You can shift the H-shifter without clutch when you are not applying throttle. Try to shift without using the clutch while you are on the gas pedal, you will hear a grinding noise, the sound of your gearbox getting beaten :).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back