Technology (merged)

As i said before: its all up to videocards. GTR2 is a whole other story. There you need a card that is good for direct x 8.1. RACE is made for direct x 9

Some guys are always complaining about dark cockpits. With my SLI setup of 2 vidcards 7600GT i have no problems at all. The graphics look amazing!

• Andrea Picchi

How to make a movie from Race Replay?

Hi guys....
I saw many cool videos from our wtcc championship....

I want to make a video too but I don't know how...

how can I convert the file replay in divx...
Am I need to capture the monitor or whatelse?!?!?

Thanks n advance!

Online gaming future

The “Games for Windows” logo in more seen since the release of Windows Vista. It seems like Microsoft wants to keep up at the PC-gaming segment more than ever. They even want interaction between Windows and the XBOX360.
Microsoft is planning a LIVE Gold feature for Windows as on the XBOX Live platform. This doesn’t mean that we have to pay for online gaming through Windows. The advantages of the (probably paying) LIVE Gold service, are not yet known but the rumor goes that you will be able to play against XBOX360 gamers online.

More info will be released pretty shortly !!

• Andrea Picchi

great prg... really thanks!

only for me knowledge...
is there any others way to do it?

Update: As you know from above, the LIVE feature will be inserted in Windows soon. This way games with the "Games for Windows" logo will be working with "LIVE for Windows". Today Microsoft has given a Press Conference on the GDC about the prices of the "LIVE for Windows" service.

Prices will be the same for it's XBOX brother. At least for the LIVE Gold service. Next to the Gold service, there will also come a Silver edition. This version is free but has less features ,than the Gold version. The LIVE membership will cost gamers 7,99€ for a month, 19,99€ for three months and the full 49,99€ for a year.

Gaming titles with the "Games for Windows" logo, like the upcoming Crysis, will all be playable through the LIVE network. There will also be the possibility to download updates, exclusive downloads and play against XBOX360 gamers. When we can expect the LIVE feature, if it will be exclusive for Vista and if we can only play games through LIVE is not yet known.

- To be continued -

My perception: A paying Steam

Soundcard issue

Hi guys,

I had enough of the problems with my onboard sound card, microphone sometimes not working, driver behaves wierd, even yesterday it influenced the setting of my pedals, so this was the last call from it :)

So, i am thinking about getting a separate sound card, just i am not sure which kind, i dont have experience in it, since i always had just an onboard one.

Any suggestion or advice which kind of card to get?
Basically i dont want to edit music or such kind of thing, only looking for a reliable and good quality solution for my 5.1 system (later maybe upgrade to 7.1) and headset with microphone.

Thanks in advance

What priceclass may it be in?

A Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer FatalIty Pro Series is a very good one.

Specifications:
24-bit Analog-to-Digital conversion of analog inputs: 96kHz sample rate
24-bit Digital-to-Analog conversion of digital sources: 96kHz to analog 7.1 speaker output
24-bit Digital-to-Analog conversion of stereo digital sources: 192kHz to stereo output
16-bit to 24-bit recording sampling rates: 8, 11.025, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48 and 96kHz
ASIO 2.0 support: 16-bit/44.1kHz, 16-bit/48kHz, 24-bit/44.1kHz 24-bit/48kHz and 24-bit/96kHz with direct monitoring
Enhanced SoundFont support: Up to 24-bit resolution
X-RAM: 64MB
Audio Performance (Rated Output @ 2Vrms, Typical Value)
Signal-to-Noise Ratio (20kHz Low-pass filter, A-Weighted): Stereo Output 109dB
Front and Rear Channels 109dB
Center, Subwoofer and Side Channels 109dB
Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise at 1kHz (20kHz Low-pass filter): 0.004%
Frequency Response (-3dB, 24-bit/96kHz input ): 10Hz to 46kHz
Frequency Response (-3dB, 24-bit/192kHz input): 10Hz to 88kHz (Stereo only)
Connectivity
Speaker and Headphone connections: Stereo to 7.1 (Line Out via three 3.5mm mini jacks)
Flexijack: Line In / Microphone In / Digital Out¹ / Digital I/O² via shared 3.5mm mini jack
Auxiliary Line level Input: 4-pin Molex connector
I/O Console connector: For linking to the Sound Blaster X-Fi I/O Console (upgrade option)

¹Digital Out support stereo SPDIF out and pass through of multichannel DVD sound.
²Digital I/O requires Sound Blaster Digital I/O Module (Sold Separately).

This one is priced around 140€ here in Belgium.

But my personal favourite is the Razer Barracuda. This is a sound card made by gamers for gamers.

Specifications:
Razer Enhanced Sonic Perception™ (ESP) enhances positional audio in gaming to allow competitive gamers to take advantage of the expanded dynamic soundstage in-game
Dolby® Pro-Logic IIx surround processor splits stereo audio into 7.1 channel surround sound
Dolby® Headphone technology conveys 5.1 surround or 3D gaming sounds over stereo headphones
Independent Dolby® Digital Live (AC-3) 5.1 real-time encoding bit-stream to facilitate connection with CE AV receiver
Dolby® Virtual Speaker solution brings amazing virtual surround sound fields via general two speakers
DTS® Interactive Real-time 5.1 encoder that takes any 2 or more channels and encodes it into DTS bit stream
DTS® NeoPC An upmixing matrix that turns any 2 channel audio into 7.1 surround sound
Supports 7.1 CH digital audio playback for WinXP 64, WinXP ,Win2000 (Microsoft® DirectX V.9.0 above is required) and most industrial standards of PC 3D sound for gaming, including EAX™ 1.0&2.0, A3D™ 1.0, and DirectSound™
PCI 2.2 interface (Burst Modes and Bus Mastering)
4 synchronous I2S input/output pairs
Integrated 192k/24-bit S/PDIF receiver/transmitter Multi-channel AC-link (supports up to 2 AC97 codecs)
S/PDIF IN supports digital loop back path for transforming between optical and RCA connection
Serial bus to communicate with micro control unit (MCU)lMPU-401 MIDI UART port support
All I2S I/O pairs support 32-bit high-definition PCM data transfer and adjustable sample rate up to 192KHz.

This one is priced at 199€.

If you need any more info, just let me know ;)

wow, thanks for the lot of details, however half of them is chinese for me... i did not even know that soundcards has this much knowledge... lol

Thanks Mystic! I think both of them is perfect for me for gaming.

I've always liked the Creative cards, and have an X-Fi Xtreme Music at the moment. The processor is the most powerful on the market and helps to relieve your mainboard of much of the processing required to reproduce sound, which gives a slight increase in framerate :) The software is good, allowing you to easily switch between optimum modes for gaming, watching movies or recording music. There's a cut-down version called 'Gaming' or something, which has all of these features and is quite a lot cheaper. I paid 55 pounds (uk) for mine (just over €80). The cheaper one must be about €50...the main drawback I found was that I now have to plug my headset in at the back of my PC, as the front inputs don't work anymore, but this is a small price to pay for ridding the system of errors caused by crappy drivers!
Good luck in your search - I would start here:

Click here!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.7%