Technology (merged)

• Peter Meijer

How can i get rid of my lags!!??

Hello,

For the RACE - the WTCC Game tournament i need to get rid of my lags.
BUT HOW??? I tried everything, Hitman Pro (anti-spyware), opened all ports, defragmentated my whole pc, reinstalled my pc... everything but i still have it!! Does anyone have any suggestions??

I did a speedtest: (It's dutch) at http://www.speedtest.nl/TestSuite/TestController.asp (but here is a big difference between Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.

This one with Internet Explorer..

Uitvoeren Test Status Resultaat
Download
Download van een bestand (128KB ~ 1MB afhankelijk van uw verbinding) vanaf een server in Nederland Klaar 3238.6 KByte/sec
(=25909 kbps)
Upload
Upload van gegenereerde gegevens naar een server in Nederland om de upload snelheid te bepalen Klaar 1454.5 KByte/sec
(=11636 kbps)
Connection
Veelvuldig maken van een connectie naar een server in Nederland. Klaar 1501.0 Conn/min
Ping test Nederland
Uitvoeren van een aantal grote pings vanuit Nederland naar uw computer (N.B. Uw evt. firewall moet deze pings dus wel accepteren! De test is ook niet mogelijk als u via een proxy server de site gebruikt) Klaar 2.0 ms

This one with Mozilla Firefox

Uitvoeren Test Status Resultaat
Download
Download van een bestand (128KB ~ 1MB afhankelijk van uw verbinding) vanaf een server in Nederland klaar Gegevens opgeslagen ? 10818.4 KByte/sec
(=86547 kbps)
Upload
Upload van gegenereerde gegevens naar een server in Nederland om de upload snelheid te bepalen Klaar Gegevens opgeslagen ? 1306.1 KByte/sec
(=10449 kbps)
Connection
Veelvuldig maken van een connectie naar een server in Nederland. Klaar Gegevens opgeslagen ? 1332.0 Conn/min
Ping test Nederland
Uitvoeren van een aantal grote pings vanuit Nederland naar uw computer (N.B. Uw evt. firewall moet deze pings dus wel accepteren! De test is ook niet mogelijk als u via een proxy server de site gebruikt) klaar Gegevens opgeslagen ? 4.0 ms

And i did another one... http://speedtest.bbned.nl/

If you have any suggestions PLZZZZ post it here...

Greetz Pure :)

• Peter Meijer

MrMystic said:
you might wanna lower your graphical settings, your PC can tehn focus more on the internet connection ...

I already got my graphics on medium :p

MrMystic said:
you might wanna lower your graphical settings, your PC can tehn focus more on the internet connection ...

i think his connection is too fast compared to others.. he had the same problem in lower graphical environment of race driver 2

Computer freezing problem

Hi guys,

I need some help, i have some serious problem with my PC.
Since 3-4 days my PC is continuously freezing, both in game (GTR 2, RD 2 also), and also sometimes at desktop. It is coming randomly, sometimes after 10 minutes, sometimes few hours no problem and then freezes. Before that i did not had issue like that.

When it does in the game, the picture is freezing, also PC is freezed, i cant get out to desktop,nothing, just the start button works for re-starting, but interestingly the in-game sounds are running, as if there would be no problem.

Also for the freezing i tried with 2 VGA cards, and symptoms little bit different (but with both of them PC is freezed and picture as well).
- with Nvidia 6600 GT when picture is freezing on the monitor the last picture is kept
- with Radeon 9800 XT when it is freezing i get a scrambled picture, mainly black with small lines of scrappy dots and lines, but 90% of the picture is black.
Also 1 more thing with the Radeon, it is terribly hot, the Nvidia seems to be normal temp still when it is freezing.

Does anyone has an idea what the hack can be the problem?
Any ideas and help is very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance!

damn mate, that sounds like my old notebook, that had the same problems. Here are my reasons:

- you updated a driver -> reinstall it back to old version
- you updated windows -> put system back to few weeks ago
- maybe your tower caught dust -> suck the dust out
- maybe your gameconfig is not wel edit -> go to google and type this: "game xp" its a little program that optimizes your windows settings for gaming (old systems)
- lower the soundrate to minimum (in rd2 that helped me a lot)
- final solution: reinstall your pc and clean it from the inside!

PS i think the reason is that you race too fast so your pc has more need of a duct cause of overheating :lol:

good luck

well, with freezed picture and PC i will be definetely slower.... lol

I already cleaned the stuff, but maybe i will re-do it again, more precisely.

I did not install any new driver or Windows update, so it is very strange why it is started.... cant figure it out...

I just hope i can avoid a complete re-install, i would hate to do that remembering what amount of things i have collected already....

Is it normal, that my Radeon 9800 xt card is operating on 60 °C just after switching on the computer?

It seems it is constantly there as a default, without doing anything like playing or etc which would load the video card....

GPU is 60°C and RAM on the video card is 54°C....

Please say if it is normal, or can be the cause of my PC freezing (but as i remember it was always like that from the beginning, also 1,5-2 years ago when i bought it brand new)

• Muesli

My GPU idles at around 58C so 60C isnt too strange.
Searched for Spyware, Adware, viruses etc..

That would be the only explenation why it happend so abruptly.

How old is your XP install? (date that you installed a fresh winXP)

Thanks for all the helping word guys.

Today i could race some hours without any freezing, video card temp after that was up til 78°C, but no any issue in performance.

I installed back the oldest driver for the video card, which was originally given with it, hope that freezing **** will not come back.

I found still that out of the 2 ventillators on the card 1 moves quite hard, i think i will try to fix that, maybe also has some correlation with the problem.

Thanks again, really nice that so many peeps is helping, appreciate it! :D

• kevinschwantz[RTS]

Neo, its happening the same with my pc. Ill try your advices cause that problem is suking me

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%