Team ORSM

i suspect it cant be to much longer , as if i read right/interpreted right from gav's post reply, is the mod being released with the currect sounds, cockpits and helmets etc ? then to say "patched" at a later date with the new sounds and what not. apologies if im wrong.

One of the mods to wait for in rF2 then. I'm sure this will make rF2's purchase well worthwhile:good:.

:Edit:

Sorry I missed the last page:redface:. Cool a rF1 release with the updated original cockpits and sounds will be a gr8 way to keep us going until the rF2 version comes along:cool:. Now I'm getting excited about driving this mod:D.

Thanks for the updates guys.

Hi, guys new to rfactor and forum,

I have recently installed rfactor and V8 factor 1.3 mod.

When I click on V8 factor 1.3 in race series on Rfactor menu the game crashes, I can still race as per normal just not in the V8 factor mod.

I am only using a pentium 4 with xp which has on board Video Card: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family.

I'm guessing the card can handle the regular part of rfactor but not the v8factor mod.

I am in the process of upgrading to a faster more powerfull gaming pc.

Hey Cliffo,

Have you used the stand alone install, Or gone through the normal v1.2 then the 1.3 patch??
Alot of people i have raced with could never get the stand alone install to run so always did the early version first
followed by the 1.3 patch..

Not too sure if this is the right place but i did some changes to the backfire sound, i am also doing some for the fvr mod as well, have a listen and let me know what you think.
video link -

If you mean that God awful air-wrench noise, it is an rFactor bug that was never fixed. The file Gamedata\Sounds\Ambient\fans_normal_1.wav is not the sound of a crowd at all, it is that air-wrench sound.

When driving the V8 Factor cars you don't notice it because the car mod uses it's own ambient sound. If you drive other cars (and I believe you drive the FVRs muzarati?) on a track that uses that ambient sound file then you hear the air-wrench.

Alot of tracks besides Bathurst use that file, so it is not a Bathurst issue. Anyways, long ago I just copied the V8 Factor version of that file to the root folder. I have it zipped up so I could give it to friends, so just extract this to your rF folder and no more looping air-wrench.

http://www.mediafire.com/?uabhma284azd1xu

Muzarti drive FVR - never - he's a V8Factor fan through and through but we don't discriminate at FVR, after all he's a Kiwi as well and we still treat him nicely. Interesting that you should mention that ambient sound, never noticed it before.

not sure about being a modder but the guys over at FVR are the best bunch of guys I think you could find, always helpful and I have learned a lot from them. It also has a great community feel about it, I also respect their work and even though I don't drive their mod full time (I have however downloaded their latest version to have a look at when I get a chance), I think they have done an a awesome job and the amount of work they release is quite phenomenal.

Bathrust 2010 Dry
Bathrust 2010 Dry driving line and wet outside, and sectors with switching grip.
Bathrust 2010 Wet, then I mean Super Wet.

I would like to see that, but oh well, all your previous work have been amazing! :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 3 5.7%