Team ORSM

I live in Australia & I regret to inform you that there really isn't one that I'm aware of. About the only one that would come close would be Just for Fun (JFF). I think the last one that was serious was Touring Pro series who paused (indefinitely) their V8 championship until they found a good enough mod after ORSM's V8 unleashed finished updating. But you are more than welcome to run at any Aussie community that runs the ORSM mod.

Latest Fictional livery I am working on. Currently a W.I.P

GRAB_001_zpsbdba53b4.jpg
GRAB_001_zpsbdba53b4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hi first time poster, been using your skins for a while now Mick, best ones around. Gave it a go myself but just dont have the skills or patience. Your efforts are very much appreciated. :)

Slightly off topic - did anyone else see or know of the site and youtube account that was around for a month or 2 and has now vanished into thin air? The name of the site and youtube account was International Sim Racing Modders, I dont know who it was but they had produced a near releasable (is that a word? hehe) VF Commodore V8 Supercar as well as a Falcon COTF for rFactor1. Both looked great and must have been very close to release, so bummed that they look to have just disappeared.

Hi Guys, I've tried my hand at converting a car from GRID autosport (VF Commodore) to rFactor, originally for personal use. But wanted to release the mod to the community. Does anyone know how to make the mod rar file look for the GRID autosport CD for install? Also, does anyone have any suggestions on how to make the rims look like shiny metal? Similar to the 12 spoke ORSM ones?

Cheers :)

I have just got to do the final tricky stuff (motec, driver etc) but then we are basically done. May need some help with some skins.

Forgive me for the low resolution pic, it was taken with my phone. Credit to Lukilla for the skin :)

Attachments

• IMG_20141026_190208.jpg
    IMG_20141026_190208.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 490
Last edited:
That's why I want the CD lock for people to have to own grid auto sport to be able to play the car in rfactor. Similar to the power and glory mod with the gt legends CD.

If I can't get the CD lock to work, I will not be releasing the game and only use it for personal use.

Et si les modders se bougeaient le cul peut être que les simples joueurs ne chercheraient pas de solutions pour assouvir leur passion !
Car depuis la sortie de la version 2011.1, plus rien sur les radars ...
Pas de nouveaux châssis etc ... alors qu'il y a du monde près à aider si besoin !
Et lorsque l'on montre une alternative, c'est immédiatement qu'on se fait agresser ...

Je trouve la conversion de Dav1n46 très bien faite, même si l'image n'est pas net.
Et l'idée du CD lock est plus tôt bien.

Je vous laisse le soin de traduire par vous même ;)

Right with you now. Misunderstanding on my part. For personal use there is not an issue, but for general release is when there becomes some issues. Generally the modding community flies under the radar of the commercial rights holders as no money is being made by modders (usually). But once a commercial licence gets violated, then the modding community gets crapped upon by the companies involved (search iracing v modders on google and you will see what I mean). In answer to your question, I am not sure if there is a cd lock that will suit your needs, as from my understanding GRID and rfactor do not share a common mod based architecture. But I could be wrong. As to JClaudes comment that nothing has been done since 2011, that is not strictly true, but any mods that may (or may not) be in the works, may end up delayed or never created if the modders out there feel that it is not worth the effort of creating something from scratch :)

so as the resident noob i see it as my duty to ask noob questions.

Dav1n46 - are you saying that, in order to use the VF in rfactor I must own Grid Autosport?

If, as it appears at the moment, that you will not be releasing this as a mod, will you part with the knowledge of how you extracted the car from GA for use in your own rfactor?

That's what I would like. To give some sort of credit to codemasters. Even if their physics and gameplay aren't the best :)

It may be harder than first thought. But I will come up with something.

Converting from grid/dirt/f1 isn't that hard. A quick YouTube tutorial here

3D Sim Editor Import and Save DiRT and Grid Models:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes