Team ORSM

• TeamRED1

Hey guys, long time viewer etc etc

Finally got around to installing the game, and aren't too happy with that original sounds, and i remember a sound pack got released ages ago, by greg hill? i think or something

Was wondering if any of you had this pack, or know where i could download it from now-a-days

thanks heaps guys

I think the corner just coming out of the dipper it's a bit different compared to real life, all the onboards i've seen they can go full throttle in 2nd gear without the back stepping out.

Also Griffins bend is way too tight, and the gradient slopes too early , the v8supercars in real life seemed to be able to grip the corner better and able to apply more throttle % sooner.

I just began to drive the version 1.3 of your Mod and it's great. Good work guys. The car has much more grip and brakes awesome now.

But I have some notifications

1) I drove 10 laps in Mills metropark with 1.2 version and then with 1.3 version (I have 2 rfactor installations by the way), I noticed that in 1.3v the tires are wearing very quickly than 1.2v (I use CTDP rf Dynamic HUD). So for longer races it might be a problem

2) The base setup (I'm no expert in setups, and I always use base setups) but I thing the front camber is too much, also Grille tape has no effect on engine temperature (Always 85°)

What do you think guys ?

Thanks for the detailed feedback sigmatc24. We are always interested in what you think, and how the cars perform.

We will make some improvements before the next release, which should include the Sprint tyres also.

The Grill tape issue has been picked up and will be corrected in our next release. I have cooked several engines testing that one. Lucky we are not paying for them, or I'd be bankrupt by now..

There is a set up floating around somewhere (that I posted) that works really well around Bathurst and you might like to set it up as your default in the meantime.

The wear in 1.2 was probably a little bit too generous also, and 1.3 will punish you for overdriving, so be smooth and you should see some better life out of the tyres.

Bacon

One thing that I keep forgetting to post re the understeer. Obviously these things are big, fairly nose heavy beasts and one would expect them to understeer to some degree - however I still feel they understeer a little too much (especially as the fronts wear quicker than the rears which shouldn't be the case and does not seem to IRL having watched every race of the last two years). One aspect I think this could be attributed is the undervalueing of the front splitter, as IRL they generate quite an amount of downforce. Also, once the front splitter is lost, the difference in handling is negligible, or at least, hardly what the drop-off should be.

Make sense?

Thanks for the detailed feedback sigmatc24. We are always interested in what you think, and how the cars perform.

We will make some improvements before the next release, which should include the Sprint tyres also.

The Grill tape issue has been picked up and will be corrected in our next release. I have cooked several engines testing that one. Lucky we are not paying for them, or I'd be bankrupt by now..

There is a set up floating around somewhere (that I posted) that works really well around Bathurst and you might like to set it up as your default in the meantime.

The wear in 1.2 was probably a little bit too generous also, and 1.3 will punish you for overdriving, so be smooth and you should see some better life out of the tyres.

Bacon

Thanks for replying

For the last two days I enjoyed so much driving those beasts around Bathurst, and It was a great joy. Thanks for the efforts guys.

Tyres were really suffering after 20 laps, so I don't think I could drive a full tank session with them. (32 laps or so)

Yes smooth driving is the number one 1 rule for conserving tyres

One thing that I keep forgetting to post re the understeer. Obviously these things are big, fairly nose heavy beasts and one would expect them to understeer to some degree - however I still feel they understeer a little too much (especially as the fronts wear quicker than the rears which shouldn't be the case and does not seem to IRL having watched every race of the last two years). One aspect I think this could be attributed is the undervalueing of the front splitter, as IRL they generate quite an amount of downforce. Also, once the front splitter is lost, the difference in handling is negligible, or at least, hardly what the drop-off should be.

Make sense?

Thanks for the infos

You're right Using CTDP rf HUD, I noticed the front is wearing much quicker at least in (Bathurst) especially the right front tire which is enduring a huge LOAD

In the other hand, left front tyre is not reaching it's ideal temperature but this happends often.

Is there a way to make this left front tire working better ??

Thanks for the infos

You're right Using CTDP rf HUD, I noticed the front is wearing much quicker at least in (Bathurst) especially the right front tire which is enduring a huge LOAD

In the other hand, left front tyre is not reaching it's ideal temperature but this happends often.

Is there a way to make this left front tire working better ??

There's a couple of ways you can go with this. Either lift the right rear ride hight. Transfers weight to the left front.

Put more pressure it the left front tyre. Will help a little.

Increase spring rate on right rear. Similar to ride hight change but adds to car stability.

Remember what ever you do to help the front will effect the back. Same the other way. What you do to the left front will effect the right rear and so on. Basically the effect works across the car not just from back to front.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back