Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
TC65_f_s.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: TC65 full + Lotus Elite
Track: Le Mas Du Clos (2 race)
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 16 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: You must choose a different car for each race
Note3: This is the start of a 4 event series where you must not choose the same car twice, the Mid Ohio restriction has been lifted due to mod removal.
Note4: The Sprint Pack and the Elite Skin Pack will be used - Please download and install.

Good fun again last night, took the Jag for Race 1 and it performed as I expected it would, slowly, lol. The Elite in race 2 was another matter, able to punch way above it's weight, it was very nimble and quicker than I remembered but as the race started my pedals decided to go for a wander, must have been pissed with my treatment of them as they decided to do their best to run away, managed to keep them reasonably tamed for most of the race by dragging them back a bit with my left foot after every braking zone as I got lower and lower in my seat until I just couldn't reach them any more and had to stop to give them a severe dressing down. I was having so much fun with Stu and Amir at the time I had to give up too, btw Stu, np, hitting the wrong button in the heat of the moment is something we all do, I was having my own probs hitting the right pedal, never mind buttons, hehe.

Sam

PS. 2 panel pins in the floorboards will sort my pedal probs, I've had to remove the carpets in my computer room, and everywhere else in the house for that matter, because they harbour dust etc. and I though I had the pedals braced enough, turns out I was wrong, lol

It was quite a symphony:music:
Just loved the sound of V8's when going up the hill after the hairpin:love:

Haha that was indeed nice. :wink2:
The second race was big fun with the Abarth and his engine noise.
I rely very much on the engine noise when i need to shift gears. But the Abarth is so silent that i didn't hear the engine especially at the start and so i forgot a couple of time to shift up. :D

I see Stu pass Ivo. Sooner than I can think to myself "oh no!! lol", I have Stu glued to my rear bumper. I start to wonder how long I can continue being the moving road-block that I was. Poor Stu must have been so frustrated stuck behind me there, lol. I know he's faster than me and I knew that as soon as I slipped up he would be gone forever. Eventually his pressuring worked and I went wide and he slipped through.
You know what, I really enjoyed that bit, mate. No frustration at all, probably because I knew I wouldn't be able to get up the sharp end by race distance anyway, so just concentrated ont the immediate battles.

I put a decent move on Ivo (iirc) into T1, feinting wide and diving down tight to the inside under braking.

The braking distances being what they are in the Stang & Falcon, I couldn't get right up your chuff once I'd closed in otherwise we'd have touched and both gone, which is why I had to bide my time for a clear run at you. Once you locked up and started to drift wide, I had to have a go, and luckily for me, I just held onto it long enough to make it stick.

My Falcon set up is pretty basic but it's yours if you want it (Gary's might be better seeing as how he won and everything :D)

A bid late bud...
Le Mas race 1,
My choice the Falcon,only driven it one's on Montreal in a night race ask Warren
a big disaster,could not get that Big Iron trough a corner.
So Le Mas and the Falcon seems a good choice???
I must say I was not fast in it bud I had more fun then the first time,an I think that there are corners enough on Le Mas!!!

So some pictures for an impression,Race 1 BIG CARS

01-Good starting grid!- .jpg
02-Chicane-.jpg
03-Downhill corner-.jpg
04-Muscle cars-.jpg
05-My moment-.jpg
06-Amir his moment-.jpg
07-Gary lead to the finis-.jpg

Le Mas Race 2
A different ball game ,
My Elite: in Quali not fast enough pl 11 1.37.xxx bud in race 1 sec faster,so not fare from the rest in time,(bud in distance) from the start in the uphil corner a little tab from Warren ( no prbl mate) face me in the wrong direction after a restart I came a cross a yellow Cortina in the middle of the road not to avoid so almost last ,bud who cares it was big fun and a nice track to,so wat more do you neat??

Some pictures from Race 2:

011-the Cihicane-.jpg
012-first lap-.jpg
013-2 Jaaags on his tail-.jpg
014-Steven in the lead-.jpg
015-Avi an Gary in trobble-.jpg
016-Carlos-Knut-.jpg
017-Ivo an Warren-.jpg
019-Warren his moment.jpg
018-My second MM-.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.