Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
TC65_f_s.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: TC65 full + Lotus Elite
Track: Le Mas Du Clos (2 race)
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 16 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: You must choose a different car for each race
Note3: This is the start of a 4 event series where you must not choose the same car twice, the Mid Ohio restriction has been lifted due to mod removal.
Note4: The Sprint Pack and the Elite Skin Pack will be used - Please download and install.

I can join the server but other people dont load,just that annoying flashing issue going on,happened when i joined and Amir was there already,he left and then Sam joined and when i esc it was the same no able to load him flashing malarky... :noidea:..

Still can't get back in so it looks like I am off for an early shower after such a spectacularly fun Race 1.

Race 1 BTW ... was just basically excellent ... I had no idea of the car as I had only done my quali lap prior to racing ... my gears were way too short, but setup was kinda OK
Nevertheless I had some great scraps throughout, first with Sam J, then with Warren and in the closing laps Ivo. Knut was chomping at my heels the whole race but never managed to get a pass thankfully!
It was hard work at times keeping it clean but I think I managed it (slight tap on Warren and a side by side moment that I backed out of with Ivo)

BTW Ivo ... I also just checked the replay and I am proper glad to say that I was 100% right, it really was all your own fault that you overcooked it at the bottom of the hill and went sideways.
I was sure that I hadn't touched you into there, and was gutted when you said I might have done, as I am personally more about the gentlemanly racing and fun than the result :wink2:

Thanks Stuey, RD and all ye fellas for the lovely race 1 ... wish I was there now with yas in race 2 cos that was proper fun :jump:

Still can't get back in so it looks like I am off for an early shower after such a spectacularly fun Race 1.

Race 1 BTW ... was just basically excellent ... I had no idea of the car as I had only done my quali lap prior to racing ... my gears were way too short, but setup was kinda OK
Nevertheless I had some great scraps throughout, first with Sam J, then with Warren and in the closing laps Ivo. Knut was chomping at my heels the whole race but never managed to get a pass thankfully!
It was hard work at times keeping it clean but I think I managed it (slight tap on Warren and a side by side moment that I backed out of with Ivo)

BTW Ivo ... I also just checked the replay and I am proper glad to say that I was 100% right, it really was all your own fault that you overcooked it at the bottom of the hill and went sideways.
I was sure that I hadn't touched you into there, and was gutted when you said I might have done, as I am personally more about the gentlemanly racing and fun than the result :wink2:

Thanks Stuey, RD and all ye fellas for the lovely race 1 ... wish I was there now with yas in race 2 cos that was proper fun :jump:

Good to hear that Lee. :wink2:
It happened fast and we where so close, so i didn't really know what happened. :)

Been trying to get back on the server but can't ... :sad:

Every time I get on there I get "loading [drivers names]" ... then it flashes through all participants and then does it again, and again, and again, and again :/

Whenever that flashing driver name occurs, it means that someone is using a skin that you don't have. That probably means that you need to make sure you have all of the skin packs installed correctly.
I'd recommend that you re-install the skin pack again

Pole for race one with a nicely nailed lap in my big old freind Falcon,not the best of starts and im being mugged by the Alfa gang!....a couple of them sneak past so time to push more!,the car started to settle in now and i picked off one Alfa and had an almightly almost race long chase on Amir,my whole plan was to close in through the lap and try and get a run down the home straight,but he got out that final turn too good every time so the plan never worked,then with 3 laps to go at that same final turn he spins the Alfa round,i almost chose the wrong way to go to avoid initially,then changed my mind and corrected and got the guess right and avoided! :),still chased to the line by some very keen Alfa's though but a happy win in the Bismarck :good:.
Race 2 i plopped myself on the grid with basically no time left and got a horrendous start copping a right knock up the rear as well,sorry bloke behind,i was caught well on the hop there :(...thankfully were away and the pack is going well,the other Jag chasing me is very frisky to pass,i start to take some knocks up the back bumper which became a bit scary after a few,eventually i became scared to brake and started going deep and the other Jag was through,i relaxed again and could keep with the mob until i took a more fatal knock mid apex T1 that made Coventry's finest wallow slowly side on to a halt,the little Lotus that tipped me around was kindly waiting for me to recover,only problem was they were waiting right smack bang in front of my car stopping me from moving :p,it felt like hours sitting waiting,no way i was backing up into the track even more,eventually the penny dropped and he moved forward and after a bit more manouvering malarky we were away,but down the order on our own in no mans land,grabbed a couple of places along the way for unknown reasons and overall highly enjoyed the Jag drive! :good:.
Nice sized grid and lovely cars and great track,thanks all racers there :good:.

Many Thanks Thommo au' RD :good:.

Nice to be back in the GTL Club again, thanks all for some fun racing.
I really struggled today though, especially for race 2.
Very sorry Ivo for tapping and spinning you in Race 2, we just were using different braking points and driving lines. :embarrassed:

Well well well, what an evening.

I did no practice for Race one in the alfa, was eating my dinner right up to qualy. Stuck it 3rd with a fluke lap.

Got a great start and was on second behind gary's falcon for a short period. I was eventually passed by Amir and Avi and the four of us had a good battle for a few laps. I dropped off the pace in the middle laps, but I was able to catch up again as the front 3 scrapped endlessly and had a few awkward moments with backmarkers. The last 2 laps were seriously exciting, I was right with the front 3 and we were all running very close and quick, excellent stuff. On the last lap I found a smallish gap going thought the uber tight middle section and tried to go round the outside of Avi, he gave me tap to warn me off and I was 4th again. But going into the final bend something went a bit wrong up ahead and Avi speared off the track and had a big impact with the left hand barriers. I thought he was going to come back across the track and wipe me out but i squeezed past. So started 3rd, finished 3rd. A good result for me. Special mention for Gary in race one who kept the big Falcon up with 3 Alfa's all race long. Great driving.

Race two - Jaaaaaaaag time......

Qualy put me 8th i think, will need to check results. I had a clean getaway but as i was getting off the line, the car ahead - Stu i think - suddenly dived to the left and revealed Gary virtually sitting still, i tried to get by on the right but the door was closed and I had no choice but to give him a slight knock (first of many apparently, sorry about that) The opening 2 laps where chaotic as people shuffled about. I eventually found myself in a group with Stu, Amir and eventuallyt Sam who went storming by me in his Elite.

Unfortunately the big jag couldn't match 2 elite's and an Arbath and I eventually fell back as my tyres died off. With a few laps to go I had an off after the fast esses and Ivo was right on my tail. He got past and I used my extra power to dive through on the straights, but in teh last corner we were almost side-by-side. Really close racing, brilliant fun.

Gary - Sorry if I tapped you a bit in race two, the view from the jag isn't great and I don't have Force Feedback on my controller. I know I tagged you a couple of times but I was being pushed hard too so I couldn't ease up any more. Sorry anyway:embarrassed:

Anyway, a brilliant night fellas - such a good crowd and an awesome track too.

GTL is really back on top form after a few glitches in recent races, well done Stuart!

Cheers guys, see you Thursday.

Nice return after a month off.

Had my first lap round here in a Jaaaaaaaaaaagggg in quaily and understeered into the first corner barrier on my out lap :doh: Still the race was fun if uneventful as I managed to get round without binning it :)

Race 2 was a different kettle off fish as the alfa and the track are lovely :)

Quailfy in Pole closely followed by my fellow Alfa pilot for race 2, Carlos.

Race: Lead from the off and managed to keep it smooth and controlled all race long with a glance now and then at the standings, just to make sure Carlos wasn't sneaking up. Held on to the end for the Victory :)

Thanks Stu, and fellow GTL'ers for a fun evening

That was again a nice GTL evening. :)

Race 1 with the Mustang started 7th.

Had a good start fighted with Warren and Carlos. Saw Stuart coming closer and he overtook Warren and then me. But he couldn't get past Carlos. So was hanging at the back waiting for a mistake of those guys. This continued for about 8 laps. Came across Andrew and he thought we where fighting for position so lost quite some time there to Carlos and Stu. (no problem mate that was fun. :wink2:)
So i got Warren, Lee and Knut right on my tail. Fighted for about 5 or 6 laps. But in the last lap i spun wich resulted that they past me. So ended up 10th.
Didn't see any other car on track then the Amercan ones. :D

Race 2 with the Abarth started 10th.

Very different car. :wink2:
Got again a good start. Had a fight with Warren but i touched me and i spun. So he waited for me but he had another spin a lap later. To bad because i was looking forward to battle him. After that alot of laps alone so i needed to keep my concentration. Had Gary 8 seconds behind me and it stayed that way for alot of laps. I was so focused on Gary and the gap i didn't really saw Tom loosing some ground in front of me. We had a nice battle in the last laps. Got past him but he was much quicker on the straight so he past me again in the last lap. Was right on his tail in the twisty section and trying to force him into a mistake.
He had a little one in the last corner so i was right on his bumper. But he was to fast on the straight so i couldn't pass him and ended up 6th.

Thanks for some fair and fun racing guys. And Stu for organising.
Cya next time. :)

Race1)

Wow, the mustang is a fun car to mistreat!

I qualied right behind Warren and thought that I would spend the the whole race following him around the track. But something must have happened to him at the start and I ended up in front of him. I was sure he would soon be bumping me in the rear to get out of the way but for whatever reason that was not the case.

For the first few laps I was being chased by Ivo but around lap 4 or 5 I look in my mirror and I see Stu pass Ivo. Sooner than I can think to myself "oh no!! lol", I have Stu glued to my rear bumper. I start to wonder how long I can continue being the moving road-block that I was. Poor Stu must have been so frustrated stuck behind me there, lol. I know he's faster than me and I knew that as soon as I slipped up he would be gone forever. Eventually his pressuring worked and I went wide and he slipped through.

I was hoping to catch up but I knew that was not likely to happen.
Nice drivin' Stu :good:
BTW man can you send me your setup for the falcon? Or tell me where to get it?

Race2)

I qualied 2nd behind Steven (who was flyin in that GTA!)

I managed to stay second throughout the whole race as I watched Steven widen the gap a little with each lap until I could no longer even see him.
Awesome drivin' Mr. Palmer :good:
I was pretty much by myself the entire race, no battles to speak of, unfortunately. Lonely as hell, lol.

I had a wonderful time tonight, loved the track and the variety of the cars.

Thanks Stu and RD!!!!

Whenever that flashing driver name occurs, it means that someone is using a skin that you don't have. That probably means that you need to make sure you have all of the skin packs installed correctly.
I'd recommend that you re-install the skin pack again

I thought I had done that, and thought I was fine since Race 1 went OK, but as I couldn't get in obviously I did sommat wrong :doh:

Being quite a GTL noob and not having installed any mods in the past for it I should maybe ask THE most obvious question -

In which folder do the custom skins go?

I thought it would be the same file structure as the (old) Race folders ... ...\GTL\customskins ... but I fear not now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back