Targa Florio Track

Been looking all over the web for a working version of this track for GTR2. Ran across a link deep in a web search for a version, so being adventurous, tried it out. It installed fine, looks great, but the cars never accelerate on the track. It's as if they are running the circuit at the pit speed limit. It's a perplexing problem. I figure a parameter needs to be changed in a ini file somewhere, but so far no luck. I race offline only, Would love to figure this out. I do have the 4gb patch installed correctly. Btw, I have this track working in both GPL and GT Legends, but the GTR2 version I have is a mystery to me. Can anyone help me figure out the issue, or provide a link to the working version of this track for GTR2?

I have an issue with the Targa....

Recently I reinstalled GTR2 and PnG32. All works fine, except Targa. When the track loads, it will complete around 95% in the slider at the bottom of the screen and than it crashes. Message is a runtime error.

In the past, I had Targa working. PC is still the same, no hardware updates etc.

I am running windows 10 and execute as admin and set affinity to all cores. Also tried lowering effects, shadows off and so on. No result unfortunatelly.

No problem with any other tracks, so what am I doing wrong ?
Any suggestions are welcome, as I would love to drive the Targa again.

Did you install a heavy mod like AC/rf2 conversions ?
You can try the fix I have uploaded for leon, look in download section, hope it will help you to run the track.
Advices :
- set graphics on low or medium (at least for first run to generate hat file)
- choose regular aiw as this is the lightest version
- run in hood/bumper view instead of cockpit and you will get twice fps

this track is visually excellent! i also recognized some track gliches. some bridges seem to have a non standard collision modell...
GTR2 2019-05-13 21-46-25.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes