Targa Florio Track

Been looking all over the web for a working version of this track for GTR2. Ran across a link deep in a web search for a version, so being adventurous, tried it out. It installed fine, looks great, but the cars never accelerate on the track. It's as if they are running the circuit at the pit speed limit. It's a perplexing problem. I figure a parameter needs to be changed in a ini file somewhere, but so far no luck. I race offline only, Would love to figure this out. I do have the 4gb patch installed correctly. Btw, I have this track working in both GPL and GT Legends, but the GTR2 version I have is a mystery to me. Can anyone help me figure out the issue, or provide a link to the working version of this track for GTR2?

A little history at first, please do not think that i'm idiot or stupid moran, i'm just still having fun with this information, oke. It was so hilarious case in my modding career :)

I created the first version of this track to GTR2 in 2011 but never fully finished it because have some arguments with original rFactor team, I found solution to convert this monster to Simbin and they got angry with me. They tried it to do the same over 2 years and about 30 different modders tried to do conversion but they wasn't success LOL, there was a little technical issue they never figured out, I did it so easily because of my long experience with track mods. It took only 1 day from me and I made it work in Simbin LOL. No hard feelings but they were so embarrassed about how easy the solution finally was so they start their own blackmail campaign against to me and then 2011 this version was not good enough for even beta testers LOL. God how i'm so smart guy!!! (sorry but I enjoyed a lot about that situation then and still enjoy). Nowadays we can see a lot's of Beta or Alpha version released, but my version was too much...LOL

Video:

Note: video is only half of the 72 km track…

So would you like to have the link to this GTR2 version??? It is not perfect but it works fine. There's over 25000 objects so it is not so easy to edit this track, please respect all modders who was doing this monster, I do.

Kimmo, thank you so much for responding. To me the track is fantastic! Even though the cars move on a slow pace, I have found myself just watching the monitor from the pits as they make their way along, so I can see what lies beyond each bend in the road. I would love to have a actual working version of this track, as so far it has been impossible for me to find one for GTR2!

Trying to complete a lap at Targa Florio but every time it crashes around the road marker 24.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You have this version ?
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/targa-florio-gtr2-v1-0-by-thesky-and-neelj.24555/

I test my version on weekend like i said my HTarga and RTarga have aiw from 2016
track is from 2012. Certain I had fast Ai and no crashes at any marker but longtime ago

edit: I just let ai drive for me as I did some encoding, never crashed, did full lap
21/22 cars finished but ai is still so dodgy, it took 3 restarts for leading car not to hit armco

I drove the historic grid version of this track the other night. Don't know the exact spot, but it was just after completing the long straight and nearing the outskirts of another town where it opens up on another straight. I was excited because this was the farthest I have driven.

Was going along at a good clip and suddenly I'm in the trees. The replay shows I have driven into some invisible barrier that pitched the car upwards. I examined the replay for several minutes, but could find no object whatsoever present that should have caused an accident. Only a slight dip in the track that at worst would have got the car no higher than a foot or two. No explanation for it throwing the car straight up at least 50 meters the way it did.

I fear there is a bug in this track too....

I drove the historic grid version of this track the other night. Don't know the exact spot, but it was just after completing the long straight and nearing the outskirts of another town where it opens up on another straight. I was excited because this was the farthest I have driven.

Was going along at a good clip and suddenly I'm in the trees. The replay shows I have driven into some invisible barrier that pitched the car upwards. I examined the replay for several minutes, but could find no object whatsoever present that should have caused an accident. Only a slight dip in the track that at worst would have got the car no higher than a foot or two. No explanation for it throwing the car straight up at least 50 meters the way it did.

I fear there is a bug in this track too....
Was there a blue car parked on the left side of the road?

It was a different spot, I'm guessing maybe two kilometers past that. I know the one you are referring to because on the same track I collided with that one too. That was a bit odd, since I was in the right hand lane when the said "collision" happened.

Drove the "regular Targa" version of the track last night and had my earlier episode with being pitched hundreds of feet in the air repeat itself. Again happened in the middle of the road away from any objects, and in the same spot where there is a slight dip in the pavement. I must have driven over dozens of spots like it earlier on the track, can't see any way it should have thrown me in the trees. Can't pinpoint the exact spot, but is was along the coast a mile or two past the Agip gas station.

Nothing is more annoying than spending 40+ minutes on this track and getting near what is hopefully the finish line only to have an inexplicable crash that appears to be completely unrelated to driver error or mechanical breakdown. :(

It was a different spot, I'm guessing maybe two kilometers past that. I know the one you are referring to because on the same track I collided with that one too. That was a bit odd, since I was in the right hand lane when the said "collision" happened.

Drove the "regular Targa" version of the track last night and had my earlier episode with being pitched hundreds of feet in the air repeat itself. Again happened in the middle of the road away from any objects, and in the same spot where there is a slight dip in the pavement. I must have driven over dozens of spots like it earlier on the track, can't see any way it should have thrown me in the trees. Can't pinpoint the exact spot, but is was along the coast a mile or two past the Agip gas station.

Nothing is more annoying than spending 40+ minutes on this track and getting near what is hopefully the finish line only to have an inexplicable crash that appears to be completely unrelated to driver error or mechanical breakdown. :(

I know the feeling.I am going to try run an AI race to see if any the cars crash/get tossed at those two points.
It's interesting that it happened to you twice at two different points.If there was an obstacle you would hit the first one both times.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back