Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

Yes, there is no effects transfer from the front-rear. This does not happen in Simvibe EM
Each output from the soundcard contains 2 channels of audio. WIth EM these are all MONO.

The tactile you connect to them and where you place/install them is upto you.
You then place what effects you want in each and that is what that unit will operate with.

Indeed you may not want all the same effects in each or perhaps the same levels/settings.
You may want a channel to have specific usage of certain effects or different settings to suit how/where it is installed.

Alternative File Creation/Testing
One benefit SSW has over Simvibe or Shakeit in with how it works differently with waveforms. Is that we can within the waveform creation for SSW, place what channels the effects operate. So its possible to have an effect pan from one channel to another or fade from one to another. This does not suit all types of effects but let me give an example on a 6 channel configuration.

Say,I wanted "Gearchange" effect for a certain car profile to have a response that it starts in a central unit on the pedals and it transfers to the seat but while doing this it also fades out over the front and rear L/R channels simultaneously.

This is just one of the things we cant do in Simvibe that I am toying around with for different cars in creating my own files for SSW.

Last edited:
I still don't get guys getting expensive hydraulic pedals to have best simulation of brake pedal and then using socks :). I prefer wearing shoes so I'm looking for some very soft ones suitable for driving.

There's no way you could even use Fanatec V3's with socks properly. I used to use no shoes on G25 pedals for the small amount of time I had them before going Fanatec. I now have HE Pro's and I wear kart boots. They are basically race shoes but no fireproofing, which makes them cheaper. Once you get used to racing in shoes it's great. I run 90 minute races and bare feet would be demolished in no time. You do have to get used to the lesser feel with shoes on but you shouldn't really be driving a car barefoot anyway so it's not that big a deal.

People might think it's overkill, but not for my rig.

There's no way you could even use Fanatec V3's with socks properly. I used to use no shoes on G25 pedals for the small amount of time I had them before going Fanatec. I now have HE Pro's and I wear kart boots. They are basically race shoes but no fireproofing, which makes them cheaper. Once you get used to racing in shoes it's great. I run 90 minute races and bare feet would be demolished in no time. You do have to get used to the lesser feel with shoes on but you shouldn't really be driving a car barefoot anyway so it's not that big a deal.

People might think it's overkill, but not for my rig.

Well, someone can:

:)

But he's running the brake super soft.

I like brake softer as well, but not this much :) Without shoes, I wouldn't be able to brake properly. I would prefer stiffer racing shoes, but I'd like to get most out of tactile, and stiff shoes kill quite a lot of feeling so I'll need to find good balance.

So far I have been using shoes for indoor sports, which works well, but I'd like something, that wouldn't kill too much of tactile feeling.

BCB839DA-C88E-4A23-93CE-4D747423B100.jpeg
I just wanted to give a quick update on my build. I finally got my pedals transducer and isolation mounted. I ended up going with the 95kg UU Shear Mount isolators to minimise flex while still isolating the pedals from the rig.
I have to say I am very happy with this choice. There is a little visible flex when pedals are pressed very hard but nothing you could feel with your feet. The isolation is also excellent and I can’t feel vibrations transferring to the rig. The only negative I would have to say is their size. I ended up changing my driving position quite a lot to be able to accommodate the increase in height from the normal pedal position. I had to lean my seat further back and then ended up raising the pedals even more but now I am very happy with the setup. Definitely recommend these isolators if anybody is looking for a Solution to the same problem.

I think this is the correct thread for this question. I wrote this in another thread but it seams more appropriate here?
I have a Pearl Throne thumper and the amp has stopped working. This is the second amp thats blown within a few months! The light does not come on anymore. Checked the fuse on the lead but thats fine. Can't seam to find a fuse on the amp itself as i thought that could of blown? Does anybody know if there is a hidden fuse?
Doing some research on a replacement. Is this amp ok? I believe the Pearl Throne is rated at 200watts 4ohms. Its based on the Buttkicker advance.

This the amp
Skytec SPL 500

https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/amplifie...vI74NN9nFHzSKya3bB6g47_JlMRvA8tRoCqjgQAvD_BwE

Thanks in advance!

I think i may of solved the problem of the amp not powering on.After some research i've realised the fuse is located below the power socket. I'm hoping thats the problem. It really isnt that obvious that there is a fuse box there!

I think i may of solved the problem of the amp not powering on.After some research i've realised the fuse is located below the power socket. I'm hoping thats the problem. It really isnt that obvious that there is a fuse box there!

I just wanted to give a quick update on my build. I finally got my pedals transducer and isolation mounted. I ended up going with the 95kg UU Shear Mount isolators to minimise flex while still isolating the pedals from the rig.
I have to say I am very happy with this choice. There is a little visible flex when pedals are pressed very hard but nothing you could feel with your feet. The isolation is also excellent and I can’t feel vibrations transferring to the rig. The only negative I would have to say is their size. I ended up changing my driving position quite a lot to be able to accommodate the increase in height from the normal pedal position. I had to lean my seat further back and then ended up raising the pedals even more but now I am very happy with the setup. Definitely recommend these isolators if anybody is looking for a Solution to the same problem.

:thumbsup:
Excellent news and to hear you have found the 90Kg option is offering enough pressure/resistance in the pedal platform while maintaining most of the tactile energy where you want it.

Looks like you could do some form of alteration/modification at a later stage to perhaps alter the height. Possibly with new inner support rails for the isolators to be supported on and figure a way of using your locking clamps or maybe just go with a typical seat rail for adjustment.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I have quite interesting finding.

I think my rig is so quiet / not transfering that much vibration into the floor because it's on the wheels and these allow small movements side to side and it eats the vibration really great.

I noticed this recently when I connected the rack to the rig so I can move it as one piece.

WP_20180919_23_44_41_Pro.jpg

I was very unpleasantly surprised how much vibration went into the rack. I didn't noticed before how much vibration went to the main board as everything on the rig is fastened to it solidly so nothing vibrates, the rack is not vibration proofed so I discovered that actually quite a lot of vibration is still getting to the main board, however not so much to the ground.

I think it must be thanks to the wheels allowing for movement of the rig in horizontal plane and also it is sitting on and quite thick carpet so these movements are dampened because with the weight of the rig and friction of the carpet the wheels don't move easily, I don't know what would it do on hard floor though, but it's probably not a problem to put some mat under the rig.

Just a thought what to try if you have problems with vibration to the floor.

Anyway I will have to use the attachment of the rack to the rig only for moving it and for actual gameplay I will have to dismount it.

I am looking to start off my tactile immersion experience on my rig with 2 bass shakers. I am in the U.S. and am wondering if it makes more sense to get two Buttkicker minis or two ADX Maximus units. I will be putting one under the pedals, and one attached to the frame of the seat. From the reviews i've seen, it appears the ADX has a wider low-end, but that the Buttkicker hits harder on the real lows. Appreciate the input to aid in my decision!

@NoOne3000 You won't get any real lows from either of those units. I've owned both, I currently use the Mini LFE's, in the config you've listed above. They are around double the price of the ADX's I think (mine were Aura bass shakers, I think the ADX succeeded them? Anyway they are similar units) but to me they are much better. They don't need a super powerful amp either. The problem is with the so called 'piston pang' (as we've come to coin it around here) that they produce when firing notes under 35hz or so. You can avoid this slightly by just running the gain lower, but at that point, they become pretty useless. I've worked my way around that and am pretty happy with how they perform now. I run motion so that already dulls the feeling compared to when the rig is static so using a unit that packs more power is important. If you want proper lows you're going to need to look at the Buttkicker Advance as a minimum. The full LFE unit is around $400 USD which will give you the best result regarding lows.

It all depends on what you're mounting to, what your specific rig contains and also how much your willing to spend. If you just want some feedback for when you press the throttle (which is awesome by the way, something so small makes the whole thing feel quite authentic when coupled with decent sound) then a single Mini LFE or even an ADX would probably suffice. I went from 4 Aura's down to 2 Mini LFE's and probably get more overall feedback so that's an indication of the differing power levels.

Ok I just ordered 2 Buttkicker mini LFE units and a seat for my rig that has not shipped yet. I ordered a sim-lab GT1 EVO rig. On this rig, should I screw one of the minis onto the bottom of the seat frame and one to the bottom of the pedal sheet? Any other ideas? Will the Buttkicker interfere with the Protosimtech PT2 pedals I plan on mounting? I was also looking at the Shake It software because I don’t want to pay $90 bucks for SimVibe since I’m only using two units. Sufficient?

https://sim-lab.eu/product/gt1-evo/

Check out my build log for some ideas on how to mount the units.

https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...ncludes-nlv3-motion-platform-mounting.150227/

I'm sure mine aren't perfect but I've tried a few different ways and they feel the best the way they are currently. I used the buttkicker mounts that Simlab sell. Is that Evo rig new? I never saw it when buying mine. It's nice you get the pedal mounting plate with it. I had to buy some checker plate from the hardware store for a heel rest, cost me 40 bucks. Come up nice though.

The EVO is a new rig. How long did it take them to ship your rig out after ordering? I’m going on 3 calendar weeks thus far and mine has not shipped yet. I have made multiple changes to my order over several emails customizing it and swapping brackets I bought but don’t need for other bits. Richard has been very nice over email but I’m wondering if I’m really going to get the rig I ordered or if I will be missing parts like I have been reading about quite often. I really just want the rig so I can do something with the $3000 of equipment I have purchased thus far!

I hear ya man. I thought the Evo looked new, I don't remember ever seeing it what I was looking around. Well my experiences regarding my own build and the 'drama' surrounding it have been well documented here so you can read through that if you like. I am hopeful though that they have sorted through their growth phase and have plans in place to make sure they can handle the demand for their product from here on out.

My final product is very good, give or take a few bits that I should have had but didn't end up getting. It must be said that most of those things were requests over and above the stock config of what I ordered but still, you count on that stuff being sorted when you take the time to plan for it in advance.

I am Aussie and it took me nearly 6 weeks to receive the shipment from when I placed the order.

I just got a label creation shipment notice from Sim-Lab via UPS! I assume it should ship out today or Monday. Exactly the 3 week lead time as quoted. Excited as hell. Hope it’s complete!

Last edited:
I used one Buttkicker Advance mounted under my seat and then a Dayton Audio BST-1 under the pedals. Works like a charm. The BK Advance will hit pretty hard, yet capture some of the subtle effects pretty well also.

Hello
Nice thread!
I'm just starting to think about getting some shakers for my rig,and whant some tips.
My pc is connected to a 5.1 Logitech z906 from motherboard audio and I use my old buttkicker on my behringer 1000. For behringer audio it's connected to aux from my monitor. But I want more? Could I connect more to my behringer?

I just hooked up a new Buttkicker mini LFE to my new Sim-Lab rig under the seat and, using SimHub ShakeIt Bass Shaker, it appears to pop occasionally when it hits hard. My wife said "it sounds like a firecracker". I've got all the effects in ShakeIt at the default 50%. My amp is an old Yamaha RX-V377 Home Theater Receiver that is allegedly rated at 70w RMS per channel at 8 ohms and I have the volume up on it to about -3db. Is the issue that I am really only pushing 35 watts max at 4 ohms since the receiver is rated for 70 watts at 8 ohms? I know I can turn the volume down but that severely lessens its effects. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea