Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

I believe you are using. KW 908, are you driving it with SimHub, if so can you command the motors independently?
Hi,
No I bought the KW-905 from Andre direct,
I believe from research the 901-905 uses 6 motors, the 908 uses 8x motors,
but inside SimHub the GameTrix software appears to only support 6x motors same as the 901-905,
not quite sure how the 908 will run tbh :)

and yes each motor works independent of each other, feels insane when turning into corners left and right each side of the seats all vibrate as though your body is been pressed into the seat with cornering g,s feels sublime I think worth 200$ of anyones money,
if someone is into simracing and they want a decent experience its a must buy I mean cost vs reward is very high.

Hi,
No I bought the KW-905 from Andre direct,
I believe from research the 901-905 uses 6 motors, the 908 uses 8x motors,
but inside SimHub the GameTrix software appears to only support 6x motors same as the 901-905,
not quite sure how the 908 will run tbh :)

and yes each motor works independent of each other, feels insane when turning into corners left and right each side of the seats all vibrate as though your body is been pressed into the seat with cornering g,s feels sublime I think worth 200$ of anyones money,
if someone is into simracing and they want a decent experience its a must buy I mean cost vs reward is very high.
Yes , the KW-908 is great, I have one and I agree the bang for the buck is very good, I also highly recommend it. I am using WheelShaker to control the seat, are you using SimHub?
In WheelShaker you can see 3 zone even though the seat as 8 motors and also control left and/or right. Is it the same in wheel hub, you control 3 zones and can select left, right or both, or do you control the 6 motors of your KW-905 as separate entities?

Last edited:
Yes , the KW-908 is great, I have one and I agree the bang for the buck is very good, I also highly recommend it. I am using WheelShaker to control the seat, are you using SimHub?
In WheelShaker you can see 3 zone even though the seat as 8 motors and also control left and/or right. Is it the same in wheel hub, you control 3 zones and can select left, right or both, or do you control the 6 motors of your KW-905 as separate entities?
Hi,
Yes each motor can be tuned and tested live inside SimHub you can apply what values and settings you wish to each motor.
2ef8f4f3f486acd927410ccbd73ea165.png

I downloaded simhub, it does see the 4 motors in the seat as 2 motors, one left and one right.
It is impressive in the way everything is customizable, it will take time, but at the end I can see that it will worth the efforts to have the tactile like I think it should be.

Last edited:
While I don't doubt for some it will be an immersive experience. That shows me how limited the KW908 is with effects potential compared to what we can now do with the exciters on the back of a seat. I would only see the seat cushion as a good purchase for those that cannot place other tactile to their rig easily or want a very easy approach to tactile immersion.

Those seeking more performance and improved immersion, the seat cushions to me are not an attractive addition if combining with tactile we already have.

Ongoing Tests: 6 Channel Engine Effects
In testing already. I have different effect layers for various RPM elements placed to different channels using the 6 exciters on the back of the seat. This means the same unit is not trying to produce all the layers the engine effects may use. Nor is the same sensation going to all the channels which is the common done thing, be it for a seat cushion or indeed users with 1-8 channel Simvibe. They usually will all have the same effects go to the various channels they want the engine to be on.

Shaking my head, come now gents, I ask cant we do much more?
Mr Latte can :)

Thanks to Simhub and what it offers for tactile...
We can have multiple layers work together for an RPM effect that moves over the seat if desired. Perhaps starting at the spine, moving to the sides, then the shoulders from low-high values and using some creative threshold control. Or we can focus on specific RPM elements to be placed to specific channels. Idle sensations down low in the spine, and high RPM in the shoulders. Basically we have full control to place single or multiple layer groups to specific channels then give this group its own volume control.

Contained within the layers themselves we determine how the effect operates over the RPM and here determine its character. So as an example I have learned now how to give different engine sensations in how one car feels in deceleration to another car. Its not all just about increasing RPM that can make engine sensations less dull. You may want some cars to have a strong increase or smoother feel as it increases over its RPM range and then also give different cars their own sensations with max RPM as well.

With this current approach and with what Simhub/SBS now offers in features, I have found it opens the doors to new possibilities and while it places a lot of demand on the 6 channels (masking the detail or limiting other effects to also be used) it certainly provides engine RPM sensations that are dramatically superior to using the common methods or boring constant drones to represent engine immersion.

Still more progress to be made but I was curious what could be achieved and rather impressed with the potential I see with this as an option.

Last edited:
I am working on one, I have a WK 908 and buttkicker on the wheel support. I am struggling but learning.
I am looking for a tutorial on the terms like minimum force, minimum force of what?
I am sure I will figure it out, but a detailed tutorial would be great.
I will be glad to share when I am done.

Still trying to find a tutorial on SimHub Shakit, the discord channel is pretty much useless, no answer to questions. The software is full of settings, but without clear explanation, it is not really useful at this point for me.
At the beginning tactile is impressive, but very quickly the effects are more disturbing than immersive, like bad FFB can be counter immersive. All I have found is very amateurish.
All I would like to start with is a decent reproduction on when the wheels get to a bump on the track. Something that feels like when I drive my car.
I think I am getting why so many people don’t bother. I have had thousands of hours driving without tactile, I was very happy. Now, it seems I am chasing a ghost, thinking about tactile even when I am driving my real car and not enjoying my sim driving as I used to do.
I might have to drop it.

Still trying to find a tutorial on SimHub Shakit, the discord channel is pretty much useless, no answer to questions. The software is full of settings, but without clear explanation, it is not really useful at this point for me.
At the beginning tactile is impressive, but very quickly the effects are more disturbing than immersive, like bad FFB can be counter immersive. All I have found is very amateurish.
All I would like to start with is a decent reproduction on when the wheels get to a bump on the track. Something that feels like when I drive my car.
I think I am getting why so many people don’t bother. I have had thousands of hours driving without tactile, I was very happy. Now, it seems I am chasing a ghost, thinking about tactile even when I am driving my real car and not enjoying my sim driving as I used to do.
I might have to drop it.

From heaven to hell in a few ours?
I’m quite happy with Andre’s products. But I can relate to your frustration. I had it all dialed in, then I downloaded a profile, and that erased my own settings. (My fault for not saving them.).
Now I struggle to get my settings back. BigTime!

I can imagine with even more parameters, it would be even more frustrating.

My advice; just have fun with it, almost nothing easy is worth doing, eventually you get there. And have learned quite a bit more.
Also, less is more! And it takes a bit time for your brain to learn that those vibrations means Gforces..

From heaven to hell in a few days!......
My advice; just have fun

Good advice, thank you, that was the idea, but not much fun at the moment. The idea was to make driving my sim more fun, not working right now. I might stick to WheelShaker as at least it does what it says it does, easy to set up and Andre is 100% behind it and supporting it actively.
SimHub looks more promising, but also looks like a game on its own, no instruction to speak of, no support.
Perfect if your fun is into settings tactiles, but if your are into improving immersion not so much.

I agree, from heaven to hell in a few days. I guess I am not the first one and won’t be the last. Impressive at first and quickly disappointing. No wonder that their is very little interest from the community.

I love my jetseat 908, i can't race without it now. Ive spent a lot of time tweaking simshaker wheels to my preference. Simhub seems like a very powerful config tool but maybe its just too configurable especially if your new to tactile. As other people have said less is more, enable one effect at a time test then adjust to taste.

I love my jetseat 908, i can't race without it now
This sound encouraging, thank you for sharing, if you don’t mind, can you share your settings in AC? Do you use the same on all cars and tracks, maybe you could recommend a combo to try it with that is a good representation.
I would love to try it, maybe it will bring me back to a better opinion.

Of course its all subjective. Try the porsche 911 rsr 2017 aroung brands hatch.

Thank you for sharing, with my seat, road bumps at 40% with 30 for threshold will be very strong. Same for 100% gear shift. I will give it a go with that combo.
On your 908, do the 4 motors in the seat feel about equal? On mine the 2 motors in front, under the thigh feel very strong, but the 2 at the rear, under the buttock, are almost not doing anything.
The 4 motors in the back feel about the same.

Good advice, thank you, that was the idea, but not much fun at the moment. The idea was to make driving my sim more fun, not working right now. I might stick to WheelShaker as at least it does what it says it does, easy to set up and Andre is 100% behind it and supporting it actively.
SimHub looks more promising, but also looks like a game on its own, no instruction to speak of, no support.
Perfect if your fun is into settings tactiles, but if your are into improving immersion not so much.

I agree, from heaven to hell in a few days. I guess I am not the first one and won’t be the last. Impressive at first and quickly disappointing. No wonder that their is very little interest from the community.
I think you could try a different mindset. It´s very tricky to simulate a lot of effects with just 6-8 motors. The best example is Engine RPM, if you make that effect very prominent, many others will fade and be lost. So it´s a matter of balance and fine tuning ;)
I think SimHub threeshold option is for users with big motors which have to overcome a lot of inertia to start spinning, low voltage caused noise I think.
Community may be wrong, what most do may not be right for others. Several of my online mates are investing heavy money on 49" curved monitors, whereas Im a VR user and see that as a massive waste of money.
Tactile feedback is mostly unknown for the community, both simracing and flight simming, because of lack of available products, with Andre not being a usual hardware manufacter and Realteus multiple issues.

In all honesty, if people could try a nicely tuned tactile setup, I think they would buy one instantly.

I think SimHub threeshold option is for users with big motors which have to overcome a lot of inertia to start spinning, low voltage caused noise I think.

This is exactly why we need detailed explanation, I was told threshold is the level at which the effect start to be felt, the higher the threshold the less the little details are noticed or felt. So in road bumps for example, only the bigger bump will initiate a tactile reaction.
Tactile needs to up its game if it want to get traction, except it is just for just a few with way too much time in their hands and a passion for playing with settings in software.
I share your opinion for VR, which I believe is probably a match in heaven with tactile to get better immersion.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.