Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

Wanted to post some feedback (ahem) from some testing I did today with the latest from @Mr Latte.

First, let's get you all familiar with my rig. As you can see below, I run a triple screen rig made out of aluminum profile. I designed and built my rig from scratch and use 15 series profile. I first built it over a year ago and I still find myself tinkering and modifying it. I'm an incessant tinkerer. My motto is "If ain't broke, mod it!".

Uh... please excuse the mess. I've been working on my rig for the past couple of weeks and not quite done so there's stuff strewn about.
1Zyxktf.jpg

One of my recent changes was to build a platform to help absorb the vibes reaching the floor. I don't have to be concerned about lower floor disturbances. I just wanted to contain the vibrations so I don't hear things on shelves and the like rattling/buzzing. The base is 3/4" MDF with a border for aesthetics and to contain a 3/4" recycled tire rubber mat typically used in horse stalls. This platform sits on top of 12 anti-vibration pads that are 2"x2". You can see them in this shot...

7JXzr3o.jpg

This combination has made quite the impact. I can't quantify the impact but I can say I don't hear things rattling about anymore. I'm sure some of the "onboard" isolation I've implemented also helps. Speaking of which, In the below shot, you can see the very thick rubber washers I use to isolate my seat. You can see my LFE mounted to the forward cross member and my TST209 mounted on the rear cross member. FYI - the seat slider connects the two cross members.

xiXVzjy.jpg

Currently, these are the only two active transducers and are being driven by a 3000DSP. I have two ADXs mounted under my heel plate but those are waiting for my 1000DSP to be delivered.

Now, for the shaking.

I use SSW w/6 channel support along with Rod's custom files. As Rod has talked about a number of times in this thread, I use Audacity to make changes between amplitude and directing which channel to send the effect. Currently, I have the following setup:
  • Engine beat - TST209
  • Road Bumps - LFE
  • Road Surface - LFE
  • Amplitude set at -5 for all effects
Yup, that's it. I don't want to overwhelm a transducer by throwing a bunch of effects on it. If feasible, I prefer specific effects directed to separate transducers. I think it aids in fidelity. I also have to be concerned with crosstalk - something that Rod has also expounded on. As you can see with how I have my LFE and TST mounted, there is crosstalk since they are not isolated from each other. I've found, though, since engine beat is more of a high frequency vibration and road bumps and surface are more impact types of feedback, the two can live in concert. However, I have found if engine beat is too present, it can drown out the impact effects. This was made abundantly clear by an experiment I tried.

Thanks to my recently installed 4th screen, making changes on the fly is easy. So during long straights, I will sometimes slow and then make a change while still driving. One of the things I tried is turning off engine beat. I was surprised at how much more fidelity I suddenly felt from the bump/surface effects. I then realized that the engine beat was masking some of the impact effects. I lowered the gain on the engine beat, turned it back on and retained the fidelity of the impact effects. It also made me realize how much the engine beat was adding to the overall effect. Even with its presence lowered it is still definitely there. Nice!

After a number of hot laps at VIR, Spa and Silverstone in an AMG GT3 in AC, I feel I have a terrific balance of tactile effects going on. I don't have things cranked up to maximum gain. I'm someone who often feels less is more. So, I'm getting wonderful presence but probably not as jarring as many may prefer. Rod's files offer a more realistic effect than stock. If you take a look at his waveforms they are not simple tones. I don't know how you come up with them but my hats off to you, sir! You are an artist!

I hope to post more feedback soon after getting my 1000DSP for the ADXs. Supposed to be here tomorrow.

Great feedback @Hiro Abe Especially your comments on engine beat balanced with other effects. I agree, less is more. We get so much important information via our wheels, I think it important to get a balance so that the tactile does not overpower the wheel FFB.

I now have the benefit of some 6 channel files from @Mr Latte to play with so will post my own findings shortly, together with photos of rig configuration version no. 397!!

Couple of questions:
1. How do you have your monitors attached to the 80/20 stand? I use a bracket from Sim-Lab for my one monitor but I get a lot of noisy vibration from the monitor between 40hz - 60hz, even with a bit of isolation.

2. How do you have your fans either side of the wheel connected up?

Thanks for sharing your rig and comments regards the files.
Several of you put in a lot of effort into your builds and have already or began to invest into tactile immersion. Some are tempted to upgrade.

Yes indeed this process can be a challenge but I think its worthwhile if improving how we install, place or use the tactile can bring more enjoyment and immersion from it.

I certainly seek to bring people more enjoyable effects but I do want to allow people to have options for their own preferences. I have more revisions and newer additions for several of the files as I am working still daily on these guys. Some people have been sent different files too and some will be better than others.

One person will say they like a specific effect another may say they don't like it so much and prefer another. I think the issue here is with a single file its hard to have one made that works well for everyone. Shifting the effects Hz used and altering the dB can bring a much different sensation based on the users own tactile. You guys will see this with the final sets.

Some effects we will set a level of output when testing them on their own, yet often when other effects are then active they need to be boosted. So part of the issue is balancing what effects suit having more gain applied to others. This may even vary with the car/sim we use. So I still see the desire for actual "car profiles" for those that may want to find optimal settings and spend time tuning to preference. Others may just take it less serious and be happy adjusting the sliders on the go to whatever suits their mood at the time with whatever car they are driving.

Yes its possible to have some effects that are more constant take over others that we then miss some of the detail. Part of this is how we place effects over the possible channels. Part of it will be balancing to your individual preferences but the full file sets with the ability to shift each effect 20% up/down will help people find combinations that give them I hope improved multi-effect operation.

We can improve on Simvibe, some do not believe in this but I have confidence its possible to achieve not just better effects but bring more suitability to all types of tactile.

Phase 1 Almost Complete
At a later time more focus can be placed on tweaking iNuke DSP but as I wrap up work on these files my focus will shift to experimenting with engines. I know from testing done a while back what potential there is modifying the audio-tactile but using it also with telemetry based tactile. What I learn I will share in how to create the best immersion for engines.

Phase 2 EXtreme Engines
Although my own research into all this leads me to believe "iPad" is the key device to use for control of the "mix" and what needs to be done with the "audio-tactile". While this may sound complicated it will be no harder on an ipad to do than use SSW sliders and with touch interface, it will be much more simplified and better than using PEACE EQ on PC for such.

I will buy a 2018 iPad with camera connection kit to then feed PC audio via a USB interface into the iPad. It has some amazing audio tools and in particular what we need with EQ to modify the audio output for tactile enhancement yet not affect the audio for headphones/speakers or VR.

This specially "modified" audio output can then be mixed with the SSW telemetry tactile to how we like or want it. I will personally use simple manual rotary dials to control the volume of each, (1) the "audio tactile" with (2) the "SSW" tactile. With this we can increase/decrease the volume of either for the mix that goes to the tactile and apply this for each of the channels. Its also possible to mute one or both but again to any or all channels. Nobody is doing this that I know of but I believe it is the best solution if seeking high immersion and brings the best level of control at the users fingertips.

Last edited:
1. How do you have your monitors attached to the 80/20 stand? I use a bracket from Sim-Lab for my one monitor but I get a lot of noisy vibration from the monitor between 40hz - 60hz, even with a bit of isolation.

My monitor stand is not connected to the rig so thanks to my recent efforts it receives little vibrations. In terms of how my monitors are attached, I bought inexpensive vesa wall mounts that are mounted to cross members with simple 90 degree brackets. The vesa mounts are a 2 piece affair so you can mount a plate to the monitor separately which then slips into a receiving bracket. It is then screwed in. All very solid. Even without my platform, nothing ever rattled with them. I can take some pics if you would like.

2. How do you have your fans either side of the wheel connected up?

I bought these cheap but effective USB fans from Amazon. They have a bolt on the bottom to hold the fan to a clamp. I used that bolt to mount it to a 90 degree bracket which is bolted to my wheel profile uprights. Easy peasy. Again, if you want me to take some close up pics, let me know.

Thanks for the replies @Hiro Abe
Yes, I've come to the conclusion that I need to separate my monitor from the main frame to stop the rattle coming from it.

I asked about the fans because I thought you might be able to do what I have. I have a great system where two 140mm PC fans are connected to a mini circuit board which connects to the PC via USB. The software then controls the fans in game so their speed is controlled by the speed of the car. Keeps me cool and adds to the immersion.
https://www.symprojects.com/categories-other-controllers/categories-other-controllers-fan-controller Symproject are based in Cambridge, UK. You can source your own PC fans locally if you prefer.

@Ceolmor - I've heard of using fans connected with the sim. I've seen the one or two options out there and the DIY solution. I also watched Barry/Sim Racing Garage's review of one of them. Never really appealed to me but then "don't knock it till you tried it", ay? I'll keep it in mind for a future experiment. I'm still getting thru my list of mods! :roflmao:

HI,
I' m quite interested in tactile immersion and I am trying to learn basis from this forum.... many thanks to Mr Latte and other people who are sharing their experiences.....
I kindly ask you what do you think about SimHub, that now has another interesting feature: support for tactile transducers.
I have tested it (trial version...) and it works in my quite simple setup. I have Fanatec V3i with (working) rumble motors and two Sinustec 250 Bass Shakers connected via additional Asus Dgx (mounted on a very simple Home made wooden platform............)
Thank you !

I have not tried SimHub at all yet.
Can you share a video of it etc?

What I would say is the more options we have in how the effects are represented and feel. Then the more we can manage them to get the most from the tactile used.

Regards SSW, so far Andre has listened to community requests or suggestions to help improve how some effects operate or can be controlled. I think how the telemetry code is being used internally by the software is also a large part of how potentially good some effects may be.

Tactile units, however, are very different to vibration motors as the specs and capabilities of different models can vary greatly. To the point as expressed in these forums that some have specific operating characteristics to others.

So in my view its very important for such software to have ways to control what/how each individual effect is represented. In comparing SSW to Simvibe, while it has taken me personally quite sometime and learning in creating actual effects waveforms for custom user effects.

With these and using SSW we have much greater potential for an effects response/felt sensation or character than we do with Simvibe or other software that works using basic tone generation.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I've just got around to starting to add some transducers to my rig and thought I would ask a few things before I start it.

Kit.

4 reckhorn bs 200 with brackets
4 amazon cheap body shakers

InterM QD 4960 4 channel @ 240w per channel @4ohms

Behringer EPQ304 4 channel @ 75w per channel @4ohms

For starters are these amps OK? And secondly I have a simlab 80/20 rig and was wondering which config would be the best. Ie Rechorns in each corner hanging off the sides on the brackets etc.

I have simvibe that I bought a while back and never used but I'm also looking to try SSW.

I have all the cables "I think" installed an Asus sound card and I'm using a Asus rog formula motherboard that has 7.1 outputs on the back.

Thanks

Last edited:
I have not tried SimHub at all yet.
Can you share a video of it etc?

What I would say is the more options we have in how the effects are represented and feel. Then the more we can manage them to get the most from the tactile used.

Regards SSW, so far Andre has listened to community requests or suggestions to help improve how some effects operate or can be controlled. I think how the telemetry code is being used internally by the software is also a large part of how potentially good some effects may be.

Tactile units, however, are very different to vibration motors as the specs and capabilities of different models can vary greatly. To the point as expressed in these forums that some have specific operating characteristics to others.

So in my view its very important for such software to have ways to control what/how each individual effect is represented. In comparing SSW to Simvibe, while it has taken me personally quite sometime and learning in creating actual effects waveforms for custom user effects.

With these and using SSW we have much greater potential for an effects response/felt sensation or character than we do with Simvibe or other software that works using basic tone generation.

Hi Mr Latte, thank you. IMHO you are totally right.
I' am an absolute beginner in tactile, so I can only give you the link:

https://github.com/zegreatclan/AssettoCorsaTools/wiki/Shake-It-for-bass-shakers

I tried SSW but I could not manage to download your custom files : can you give me a working link ??
Regarding simhub I am quite impressed by this software because Wotever (thank you Wotever) has given to community a very powerful and simple tool for increasing immersion in many aspects.
The tactile section of this sotware is very simple to setup but I can' t judge how effective is, because I have not your competence/experience.
So I hope you will spend some time trying simhub, and let us know.
Thank you !!

Hi Mr Latte, thank you. IMHO you are totally right.
I' am an absolute beginner in tactile, so I can only give you the link:

https://github.com/zegreatclan/AssettoCorsaTools/wiki/Shake-It-for-bass-shakers

I tried SSW but I could not manage to download your custom files : can you give me a working link ??
Regarding simhub I am quite impressed by this software because Wotever (thank you Wotever) has given to community a very powerful and simple tool for increasing immersion in many aspects.
The tactile section of this sotware is very simple to setup but I can' t judge how effective is, because I have not your competence/experience.
So I hope you will spend some time trying simhub, and let us know.
Thank you !!

At the moment, I have committed too much of my own personal time into SSW before looking into other options. What you shared looks interesting and shows more visual representation than Simvibe at least for the settings, so I may get to spend more time with it at a later date.

Update:
I have reached a point with effects creation via Audacity for SSW that I can have an effects waveform combine multiple layers of different tones and harmonics for specific detail and sensation. These also may help the effect operate well on different tactile models. We cant do that with dynamic tone generation operating between min-max values. Also, in general, most newcomers or typical users do not really quite understand what Hz work best on their tactile or can decide what effects should have priority over the best frequencies than others.

I bring a new solution...
For my own files, more extensive feedback would be desired, however, all these files will be made available soon (some setbacks and new findings arose) Though I will release these with a thread on them for discussion and user feedback, be it good or bad.

Mr Latte Custom Effect Vs Default Pure Tone Based Effect

Top:
Spending many hours, testing, seeking to find a suitable character combining layers for improved detail for each effect

Bottom:
Default SSW effect using same pure tone, identical to other effects

One part of my delay is that I decided to label each individual effect for the multiple variations I have created, while this is hundreds of files needing to be done for all the options. It means people will easily now be able to determine what "dB Range" and "Frequency Shift" for each effect is currently active in any of the car folders.

"Errrr Mr Latte I don't understand wot you just said....."
The good thing is the user doesn't even have to. All they need to do is try a dB range to see if it's too weak or too strong. Once they find a set that has a nice energy range then they can start trying variations of the effect that may then use higher or lower frequencies. Again by trying pre-made sets, the user will know what feels nicer for them regardless if they even grasp how frequencies operate.

nO2i2wl.jpg

To label each for me is a laborious task as is creating all the files from the final master. However, when the files are placed in different car folders it will be easy for users to select these and compare what dB and frequency sets are best for them and the hardware they use. From that, the user can then combine these "personal best effect sets" into specific car folders to create their own car profiles for all the effects.

One of the biggest failings of Simvibe is people using almost identical settings for many different forms of cars. This is one thing I found I wanted to take further and that users could have more varation to the effects to make differences between the various car types and formats.

People may want some effects to use higher, lower frequencies than the "MASTER" within the set. Likewise, they may not want to use the "DEFAULT" or same dB value for all effects. What they choose is upto them or how they perceive a car profile they want to create should be.

As for some effects, such will be based on the actual waveforms and the frequencies used by an individual effect to what the user may want this to have. Possibly a higher or indeed lower dB range or modification in frequencies used. By no means does the user have to stick to the same dB range for all effects. In some cases with lower Hz the added dB may improve the lowest frequencies they feel with the unit they are using.

Giving people these options to easily select and try is something no other current solution does.
The idea is people regardless of the tactile they have will be able to find specific sets that work well and feel different to other effects.

I can be my own worst critic but nothing like this for tactile has been done before for the tactile using community that I am aware of. So I am fussing over this like crazy to try my best for it to be beneficial and useful to people to further enjoy their tactile immersion.

For the vast number of Simvibers, which by far is still the most used software for tactile immersion......

Let me phrase it like this....

What I aim to bring to SSW with these custom effect files would be akin to Simvibe come complete with hundreds of effects pre-loaded and availble to select. Effects that have had time and effort put into them to perform well. Lastly that these can utilise frequencies that can accommodate the various models of tactile hardware that people use.

I just hope that my own tests transpire over to other models as expected and most people find the effects a good improvement not only over the SSW default but in many cases better feeling, more detailed than what they get from Simvibe.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I've just got around to starting to add some transducers to my rig and thought I would ask a few things before I start it.

Kit.

4 reckhorn bs 200 with brackets
4 amazon cheap body shakers

InterM QD 4960 4 channel @ 240w per channel @4ohms

Behringer EPQ304 4 channel @ 75w per channel @4ohms

For starters are these amps OK? And secondly I have a simlab 80/20 rig and was wondering which config would be the best. Ie Rechorns in each corner hanging off the sides on the brackets etc.

I have simvibe that I bought a while back and never used but I'm also looking to try SSW.

I have all the cables "I think" installed an Asus sound card and I'm using a Asus rog formula motherboard that has 7.1 outputs on the back.

Thanks

Amps should be fine with the Reckhorn if you take care with the more powerful InterM unit not being ran too high. 8020 gives you plenty of options on how and where to install.

My advice is to play around and decide what YOU like.
What you may however find is having a closer or more direct installation to pedals and seat brings more of the energy straight into these points. Isolation can then also improve leakage so we seek to limit and not freely have energy going to sections of the frame that won't really benefit the sensation they deliver.

If anything the "corners" as in tactile units represents "wheels" is flawed thinking.
In doing this much of the energy is not controlled as efficiently as possible
For example, much of its primary point of contact and energy is not even with the seat or pedal sections. Yet is free to run through any connecting section of frame in contact with the section it is installed onto. This reduces then the energy that does go into the actual pedals or seat.

Often people with such may then crank the volume for the units to try and recover the reduced energy going into the seat/pedals and this is not ideal for optimal performance.

My own personal view is to determine how we can capture the peak energy coming from the unit, to determine the direction or ways the energy can flow. Controlling this for optimal sensation into each section and by reducing leakage of tactile energy going to other sections prior to reaching the target area. Isolation materials can be of benefit here to help sustain the energy/vibrations in the primary desired location. Such can also help with vibration noise issues.

Experimentation is key really or follow the paths some others have taken.

Last edited:
Going back to my Simvibe settings left me completely underwhelmed after trying SSW even with the stock files tuned to a decent gain. Some of your files give me great feeling while others I can barely feel. I am confident that when the new file compilation drops I will be able to fill the gaps and use totally custom effects for the best result. As it stands now I am using road effects and acceleration with your custom files and using a toned down stock file for deceleration, with stock engine vibes at a mere 5% to give a little life to small dead areas of acceleration and deceleration. It feels a little weird when the engine is bouncing of the rev limiter but no feedback is coming through once all the 'pull' has finished in top gear.

Also Rod, once a person finds the correct dB setting AND the best feeling hz setting, how do we combine the two? Is there a file of, say, 40hz @ -5db, 40hz @ -10db, etc? Because obviously you can't combine files or use two files for the one effect. I may have missed that in your post, apologies if I did.

Last edited:
Going back to my Simvibe settings left me completely underwhelmed after trying SSW even with the stock files tuned to a decent gain. Some of your files give me great feeling while others I can barely feel. I am confident that when the new file compilation drops I will be able to fill the gaps and use totally custom effects for the best result. As it stands now I am using road effects and acceleration with your custom files and using a toned down stock file for deceleration, with stock engine vibes at a mere 5% to give a little life to small dead areas of acceleration and deceleration. It feels a little weird when the engine is bouncing of the rev limiter but no feedback is coming through once all the 'pull' has finished in top gear.

Also Rod, once a person finds the correct dB setting AND the best feeling hz setting, how do we combine the two? Is there a file of, say, 40hz @ -5db, 40hz @ -10db, etc? Because obviously you can't combine files or use two files for the one effect. I may have missed that in your post, apologies if I did.

Many of the testing files that yourself or others have had at different times will of varied. So the final sets for most effects will have moved on to a newer version. The biggest issue I am finding is trying to accommodate as best possible the characteristic differences between some "piston based" shaker models and the more traditional speaker based "tactile transducers". At one end of the spectrum you have shakers that have excellent punch but limited fidelity with higher frequencies, yet with the other, we gain in the detail of these but lose out with the lower end punch.

To some extents you maybe can relate to this with your older Aura Pro and the BK Mini you now own.

If I take the two top models available to buy from Buttkicker and Clark Synthesis they have very different performance characteristics. Simvibe nor any of the tactile software solutions take such things into account. Neither do they give any guidelines on how to apply settings or frequencies to suit the various models on the market.

So if I put this to the test and go through the options, selecting an effects amplitude/frequency. I find out early on which of the dB sets just do not suit at all. This will be either (too strong or too low) and discover those from the sets that can be used for that model and the users own amps etc. A user may find 2-3 of the dB sets could be used when combined with the SSW slider gain controls.

Once we have determined what dB range may suit best. Then its a matter of comparing the 9x possible frequency shifts for the effect to determine what is the best feeling or one we want to use.
This is a doddle to do by testing each effect individually.

For myself when doing this for these two different brands/models I can end up with very different files being chosen as what I determine to be "best" or "favorite" for each of these tactile models.

For every single effect I have made.
It will come available in 5x levels of amplitude and have 9x variations of frequency shifts.
Therefore each effect I am creating has 45 combined variations included and based off the effect "Master" file I originally created.

Why So Many?
Someone that has little sensation from an effect due to that effect using frequencies their unit does not operate so well with. The potential bonus of this is that they can shift the frequencies within the individual effect upto 20% +/- but then also apply much more or indeed output much less amplitude to these.

Units that are very detailed with the mid-high bass levels of 60-80Hz. The user may want to use lower amplitude on them or extend them to use higher Hz. This will give them more control to avoid overbearing sensation with such frequencies.

However, a model of a tactile unit that struggles giving much detail with this frequency range. We can boost the dB but often even this will not bring much benefit as the unit being used just does not perform well with these frequencies. Therefore I give the option to then shift the frequencies within the effect to a lower level the unit does produce better sensation with. Once we do that we can then boost these frequencies with higher dB if desired.

Ideally, the same effect can feel VERY different with all these options available. However, the point in this is giving the user the ability to find a personalised preference that works best on the tactile they own. Or the option to chose to match a cars individual tactile profile they may want to achieve. For example, different feel to bumps, less braking force, variation in acceleration feeling to other cars. Quite a lot is possible with the effects being pre-created and available to mix n match.

Effects like "Wheelslip" in which I aimed to bring a gritty sensation too, may not come out as well on some of the shaker based units. Yet on models like TST or ADX they can bring much more finer detailing in this frequency range. So for this effect it is perhaps better portrayed on certain models, yet for some effects that contain much lower bass frequencies. With these we will find that piston based, BK units and in particular, the larger models will offer much more depth and satisfaction.

Having this in SSW will make finding effects that work well much easier than any of the tone generation based options. If the community gives feedback on what effects do or do not work well from the current masters created. Then its rather easy to take on board the criticism and come up with a new effects master that relates to the sensation people are after for any specific effect.

The thread being created will cover in depth each effect and its upto the community to get involved if they want. Or indeed consider an alternative to Simvibe or other options they are already using.

Last edited:
Yep sounds perfect. I was finally running the V3 last night and with the deceleration effect it felt quite natural with the pitch forward of the car under brakes. I was suprised by how well it blended and that's with the stock file on a troublesome unit (Mini LFE).

I am confident I will be able to achieve a very immersive experience with my new hardware and build, more so that what I had with Simvibe. Granted, should I invest more time into profiles for my new units, I may achieve improved results with it, but I am liking the method that you are describing with SSW and plan to continue to use that into the future. It also contains effects that Simvibe simply doesn't offer. Which is a bonus.

Quick question, Assetto Corsa bumps and surface, they feel almost non existent, whereas ticking the 'bumps' checkbox for rFactor 2 and AMS give a very pronounced feel. I am using your latest batch of files, minus the decel effect and in Assetto Corsa it feels a little numb. Not sure if it's something I've done as when I tested them the first time I was amazed at how they felt. I am sure I was using AC as this is the title you advised to test things on.

Might have to have another look at it tonight. Running the V3 at Imola, the pit straight has some very solid bumps in it which you feel massively through the unit but nearly nothing through SSW. The V3 does a great job but I can't help but feel that there is a little hole there that I had filled before running the motion when you initially gave me the latest files to test.

It will be interesting to see if people start to prefer SSW as some have used SV for so long.
The problem is those that may already have tried it or seen the report over at i-racing given by a respected member in the community (Avenga). His views very much swayed towards Berneys software in Simvibe.

Clearly they have a good friendship together but the comparison was very one-sided favoring SV. As it did not seek to get out of SSW the true potential it offers with custom .wav effects being possible. On top of this SSW has been updated several times since that review.

I dont get a penny for what I do regards this, I can't even get Andre to sell me a returned Jet Seat cheap for a d.i.y installation. So what I do with these custom files for SSW is just personal interest and sharing it with the community.

My perspective from the onset was different, as early on I seen the possible potential with .wav files rather than real-time tone generation being used. I then set about to try and learn how to experiment and building custom effects as part of a challenge and just being a tactile hobbyist.

Moving on....
I can only assume you've got something mixed up if your saying bumps in AC are non-existent.
The bump files you have are quite recent but not the very last created.

Problem
One of the issues with testing is getting files mixed up with others for the effects.
While the effects have their own numbers it was easy to forget which sets of files, belonged to what set they came from. Also if they were default files or custom files? Even I got confused at times trying to compare different batches of files to others.

The newly added labeling (shown in previous post) sorts this issue.

For bumps, keep in mind that you have 3 files that have been created to work together for all bump sensations. SSW default, files use the exact same waveform for all three of those effects. Mr Latte does no such thing :)

• Bump Left/Right
  • Surface
  • Mono Bump

Example:

My advice was not to mix "default effects" with the "test sets" as really the test files are for general reference if the sensation for the effect is working well or not on various peoples hardware. It's too early to draw conclusions if only testing one variation within the dB range on the wav being used but clearly, if you had good bumps and now do not then something has happened with the files you are currently using. Possibly you have only copied over (1) of the bump based effects and not all (3).

I recommend you place ONLY "test files" into a specific "car folder" but take note any additional effects you switch on in SSW if that "car folder" does not have all the representing numbers for the effects it with then revert to using default effects for those that are missing.

Last edited:
I am interested to help try and get good tactile operate with motion, however, I do not know if part of the immersion from the tactile is lost with the motion operating. Much of this will be dependent on the installation and placement of the units, also taking into consideration the energy the motion creates in relation to the energy the tactile generates.

You could try lowering the motion and cranking the tactile to see if balancing the output of each is beneficial or makes much difference. In your case I'm sure the VR3 will generate more energy than the Mini BK.

Your VR3 does not make initial contact with under the knees or shoulder/spine body regions. Yet these are sensitive to tactile and we can extend tactile vibrations to them.

I recommend you place ONLY "test files" into a specific "car folder" but take note any additional effects you switch on in SSW if that "car folder" does not have all the representing numbers for the effects it with then revert to using default effects for those that are missing.

Well, now... THAT explains some things!! I was restarting some testing in a clean Car folder only putting in specific waveforms. So, I would only have, say, bumps in the folder and accidentally ticked engine beat and then feeling the effect. Wha?!! Okay. Mystery solved. Thanks, Rod!

Quick update:
I received my 1000DSP to drive my ADXs and everything is working good. I now really want to split my heel deck for distinct L/R feedback. May take care of that this weekend. Once I do that and get some more testing in, I'll provide some pics of my heel deck setup and impressions of what I'm experiencing. Already in a pretty good place and enjoying the tactile feedback! I can see myself sticking with my current setup for a bit with a possible upgrade to the TST209. Maybe bump it up to a 239? @Mr Latte - do you think that is a worthwhile upgrade? A 329 is more than double the price of a 239 so just not willing to go there but a 239 is not expensive.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%