Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

I'm the same as most of these guys. I have basically all my sim gear coming out of one power outlet on one side of the room, apart from the actual PC, and then my PC and desktop monitor on the other side of the room on another outlet. One flick of the wall switch turns on all my sim gear, amps, etc and normally when I come down into the sim room unless I'm actually playing a game, I'll flick the switch on for as long as I'm down here and it stays on until I leave. I doubt any of it uses much power at all while sitting idle and at least what little power draw there might be is removed when I leave the room. So no wasted power leaving power outlets active. I tend to do this with a lot of my appliances that are in easy to reach places and don't have a remote to access them. It's a good habit to get into. However, those Behringer amps are absolutely loud AF and I ended up getting a third party fan for it (not a noctua, but similar in the level of noise it reduced) for like 15 bucks AUD and now I barely notice that it's on.

Quick message guys....

Want to share my appreciation and say a big thanks to some people that helped in making this happen. Also to some community members here @race department forums. who or are working behind the scenes on different things.

I am grateful for this opportunity to officially work with Simtag and develop a new exciting approach to tactile with people that are passionate, who understand the importance of quality, and work hard to achieve customer satisfaction......

Just a quick screencap, you can follow things with them more on their Facebook or Instagram pages.

Congratulations @Mr Latte and very well deserved - a long due recognition of all your work in the many years you engaged in this topic. And a huge Thank You for all your great support to the community! :thumbsup:

Hello...I have a 7.1 motherboard soundcard, an Asus Xonar Essence sound card, and also a usb sound card/headphone amp. My motherboard only has 1 stereo output. I'm confused how I'm going to set Simhub to control the 6 (for now) transducers? I'm planning to use my Asus for the main audio. I can buy multiple usb soundcards if needed.
I have a Buttkicker LFE, a Earthquake Sound MQB-1, and 4 pucks I just ordered. I ordered the 16 ohm version, but maybe should have paid more for the 8 ohm, since I want them on separate channels.

Hello,

Time for me to ask a question here. So, basically I have this setup:

1. Four Aura's in CM, two under seat, two under pedals
2. Two DAEX32EP-4 mounted on the metal side plates (recliner seat)
3. Three USB AMPs, everything is on separate channel. Have two more to accommodate more shaklers.

Effect wise I have this setup in SimHub

1. Auras - Road Vibrations, Wheel Slip, Road Impacts
2. Seat DAEX32EP-4s - Gear Shift, Jump Landing, Wheel Lock

I have 2more DAEX32EP-4s - I was thinking on putting one on the pedal heelplate and one somewhere near the shifter, maybe on the 8040 profile that holds it. The questions that come out of it are:

1. Has anyone mounted exciter near the shifter?
2. How do you mount them so you can change position, as they are with sticky pad?
3. Does heelplate need two exciters (as it is very small surface and I doubt I can feel the difference) - keep in mind there are two Auras under the pedal set in CM
4. Any suggestions for effects assignment on exciters? Auras work very good in this setup, but I feel the exciters can do much better.

As I have one more AMP am considering buying two more shakers, most probably Dayton Audio BST-2 Bass Shakers, as they are in stock and cheap. I am very impressed by the DAEX32EP-4s, but they are almost all the time out of stock. Issue here is where to mount these additional shakers, also the space I have beneath the heelplate is very limited, looks like only DAEX32EP-4 will fit there.

Thanks!

As I could not find any information on the above question just wend ahead with my idea.
Two exciters were already placed on the sides of the hybrid seat:
IMG_6405.JPG

Mounted another one on the Fanatac pedal plate above the two Auras - provides very strong vibration and quite distinctive feel above the two shakers in CM:

IMG_6353.JPG

It is reproducing both left and right front wheel output. Effects bound on the pedal and seat exciters are: Wheel Lock and Simulated Road Surface. As the latter one is quite persistent I lower it a lot so it is quite subtle now.

Proceeded with the dedicated shifter exciter - mounted on Aluminum plate so I can move it around. Ended up placing it on the side of the 8040 accessories profile. Only shifter effects are bound to it:
IMG_6350.JPG

It produces quite strong shake that travels throughout the whole construction and can be felt even in the pedals and seat when working isolated. In actual play mode this effect is lost in the other must stronger vibrations, but is quite noticeable in the shifter itself. Being cancelled out it is quite subtle, but definitely you can tell it is there.

For the time being I am quite happy with the outcome. As I have one spare sub I ordered two more DAEX32EP-4s - most probably will mount higher on the backrest of the seat and call this project done.

Noticed Will from Boosted Media is planning to put four Aura BST-1 shakers on the four corners of his rig and immediately thought of this place.

Interesting if he comes away disappointed as his plan is what most think up(one for each wheel), but inevitably it’ll just be a P1-X shakefest that he may not feel very well(as many of us know).

Really love his work but hate to be -that guy- to try and simmer his expectations or steer him to a diff option.

Noticed Will from Boosted Media is planning to put four Aura BST-1 shakers on the four corners of his rig and immediately thought of this place.

Interesting if he comes away disappointed as his plan is what most think up(one for each wheel), but inevitably it’ll just be a P1-X shakefest that he may not feel very well(as many of us know).

Really love his work but hate to be -that guy- to try and simmer his expectations or steer him to a diff option.
Considering how he went on about how great bungee cords were to add immersion with his NLRv3, I'm sure he will say the aura's feel great. I was happy with my Auras for a long time, but what I had was nothing compared to the sensations I'm getting now and I still don't have my exciters and a few things are sub-optimal.

However I never even tried 4 corners. It seems like a complete waste of effort and a bad idea to me from the very beginning.

FYI, I tried the bungees and even doubled up some very heavy duty bungees and it did nothing for me. I felt like it was a huge waste of time. By contrast, the G-Belt I got is the real deal and I'm very happy with it.

Last edited:
@StuyoDGr8
Good to see more people discovering the exciters can bring an excellent and affordable introduction to tactile. Also, get creative or try things with installations. Keep in mind 40-50Hz punchy peaks are nothing like what truly felt depth in low-bass feels like and can take your immersion and enjoyment much further. You need to try at least one large BK at some point if you are enjoying tactile.

"You cant be done your only begun" :)

I have one client whose exciter units all failed, so I think we need to look more carefully into wattages used with these and find Crossover/EQ settings that let them perform well enough yet keep them operating in a protected manner.

Once more beta testers get theirs delivered/installed, one of my "must-does" is to work with people to help determine the best settings to apply. Maybe we have to alter the crossover a tad higher from the lower bass or limit what additional amplitude we place @40Hz output with +dB gains only from above 50Hz and lower the amount of gain applied to above 80Hz?

Can I ask, EPQ 304 owners with exciters, how many clicks on the amp dials are you using, and with what soundcard volume? Anyone else having multiple failures?

Last edited:

This will be worth watching, thanks for the heads up...

I have been lining up a joint effort with an owner of a YT channel to interest them in doing a series of videos on tactile.

It's a topic that is so poorly covered by the Sim Tech channels (mostly promoting free wares) but it's also finding someone that is willing to cover it properly to not only add the hardware but install it in a good way.

Such, I feel needs a series of videos, with a roadmap on the different aspects and a clear explanation of many of the confusing factors.

Chirs / Laurence are two names that I had in mind to consider for evaluating the RaceBass concept. I reached out to one this past week based on getting an idea for their enthusiasm in doing such.

It's not a topic I think some of the popular channels would fully cover in much depth or with passion....

Did find the Gamer Muscle coverage of the Sim Expo was a bit lame, too much of a jokefest of him acting like an ejit (for me) with not much attention or focus on the hardware. His audience maybe just want that but I have to say, I did enjoy the live streams from Laurence and his content coverage of the Sim Expo at least put a good amount of effort into the hardware. He also connected well with the people at the booths to at least try to get more info on products.

His may be a newer channel, with less subs perhaps, but may make him more willing or hungry to do such and he certainly does nice hardware videos too.

Last edited:
Yes, the eagle-eyed may notice the springs on the red cockpit...

But unfortunately, he barges in and doesn't try to talk to many of the people at various booths.
Seems oblivious and did not even notice they were demonstrating for the first time the new D-Box Simtag FIA approved ABS pedals.

Even when at the D-Box booth he is completely unaware the rig on display was not a standard D-Box rig but maybe it wasn't highlighted enough? See if you notice? :)

See 33:36

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
Great video! --> It really shows how "serious" many of the YT reviewers are

I think this guy did a FAR better job of highlighting what was actually at the show......

Laurence an Irishman with two RedBulls knocked in him goes live at Sim Expo :)

Lets Go Race said the Simtag ABS - DBOX pedals was for him the highlight of the show. Amusingly at the time this was being recorded, you can hear that "tea drinking" Gamer Muscle (lol) barging in and doing his video....

Last edited:
Thanks again @Mr Latte !!!!

This is exciting! I can't wait to see these working!!!!!!! This is just a quick test fit to make sure my 3D printed mount works properly and the Race-Base isolator fits like a glove :)

My 3D printer can not print fast enough, but I'll have all the 3D printed parts tomorrow. Then I still have to drill new holes in my foot plate and make some new aluminum tabs.

They feel ULTRA rigid horizontally and appear to only flex directly up and down. Very nice!

RaceBaseon3Dmount_6870.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Which type of filament and which settings did you use for the mounts?
Prusament filament, they all work great! PrusaSlicer 0.15 Quality setting as it comes. Printed on my Prusa i3 mk3s.

I've never futzed with one setting on this printer. I just built it, use PrusaSlicer profiles and Prusament filament. Works well every time.

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

The others never failed and they were made from PLA. These are also MUCH beefier with 4 x M8 bolts and reinforcing geometry. I'll use solid aluminum for the seat mounts. That's a completely different load than a foot plate.

I'm very curious how these will feel compared to what I currently have.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering