Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

Would it be worth fitting the BST-1 under the pedals for now till i can upgrade. Due to it coming from the US it wont be worth returning

You could. It wouldn't hurt at all except for the time you'd spend finding a solution to mount it without being serious about keeping it there. If you do end up going with another LFE under the pedals you'd have absolutely no reason to keep it. Just sell it rather than returning it. Probably find someone in hear that would want it.

How do I do that? what are the consequences? I understand you suggest that strongly believing a better effect comes out.

It's more to limit the sound coming out of them as actual audio than making them feel better. They act like speakers when too high hz is sent to them, but I guess if you're only using Simhub and nothing game audio related with them then you're probably not going to get sound out of them in the first place. A DSP crossover and gain control will help to get more out of a unit if it has strong or even troublesome points in the hz range. Simhub hz will simply make the unit act within a certain range, without actually enhancing or curing a poor section in the overall hz range. You do this just in the effect you are creating, by choosing the hz that it operates at.

• Deleted member 1449502

I just had 3 x TST429's arrive. Quick and easy switching out my TST209 on my pedal tray as it was routed already. Damn glad I have my isolation sorted there cos holy **** that is some serious power! The engine detail effect I run off it feels like a vacuum of air being sucked up around my foot. I can't wait to spend some more time with it and figure out placement and mounting for the other 2.

Meanwhile if anyone in Australia wants a TST209 I'm thinking around $140AUD?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the 100 questions once parts start to arrive and i get my rig back into my workshop ill start my own build thread.
I've just bee back tracking through this thread to figure out which Nobsound amps and found couple of mentions of Behringer EPQ 304 (to run 4 x DAEX32EP-4). Is this amp still a sensible route . Stacking this over my nx3000d will satisfy some of my OCD's and i hope is a better amp than the nobsounds

Edit - Mite not matter , i cannot find anywhere that has 1 in stock and am only able to find 1 DAEX32EP-4 which I've purchased from amazon . This mite be a slower build than i'd hoped

Last edited:
I've just bee back tracking through this thread to figure out which Nobsound amps and found couple of mentions of Behringer EPQ 304 (to run 4 x DAEX32EP-4). Is this amp still a sensible route . Stacking this over my nx3000d will satisfy some of my OCD's and i hope is a better amp than the nobsounds
Yes the EPQ 304 with a t.racks DSP 4x4 Mini for the 4 DAEX32EP-4s. 2 LFEs for an NX3000D. 2 TSTs for an NX1000D.

Last edited:
If anyone out there already has the LFE and TST attached to their seats and likes to overdo things, I can recommend 2 BK Advances as well attached to the lower back of the seat. It's easy to directly mount with the mounting plate already built into advances. It gives you some really nice feedback right in the stomach. Thought these things were going to be useless, but now they might be the MVPs. FWIW I still cant make out if the vibrations are coming from the left or the right in races -- only when I'm focusing on it in Simhub.

Last edited:
For those who have the DAEX32P-4's and a fiberglass seat, does placing these (with the sticky adhesive backing) and then removing them from the fiberglass seat ruin the seat/finish/paint?

I'm planning on upgrading my seat to a nice Sparco Pro 2000 QRT. I'm just wondering if I need to plan out exactly where I want the exciters beforehand using my "throwaway" seat or if I can just experiment on the new Sparco seat. I do want to try to keep it nice though so I don't want to rough up or ruin the finish if I don't have to.

I have yet to attach my Dayton exciters to my Recaro SPG seat, but I am thinking about experimenting with applying some surplus vinyl wrap material before adhering the 3M adhesive pads. I got this idea from someone on this site using vinyl to secure and hide the wires running to their 4 exciter set up.

I don't know if the exciters will lift the vinyl wrap and am a few weeks from trying.

I'm not sure the vinyl wrap would hold up to the adhesive, could tear.
I've removed them from my seat with no drama. It's very much like the double sided tape. Just take your time and work away at it. It'll come out in one piece. Although mine were mounted to metal. GS-5

Question about adding bass shakers to HE Sprint pedal plate:

I am going to redesign my pedal installation with 2 Reckhorn bass shakers. I would like to add those bass shakers to a single plate that serves as a mounting plate for my Sprint pedals and also as a heel rest. Is this a good solution? Or is it better only to add bass shakers to a seperate heel rest, because the pedals won't function properly when bass shakers are mounted directly to the pedal plate (because of the vibrations)?

In short, what is a better solution?
1) bass shakers mounted to single plate for pedals/heel rest
2) bass shakers mounted only to seperate heel rest

I dont know what the shakers you are using are. Mounting to the pedal plate wont impact the pedals, i.e. they wont care about the vibrations.
If your shakers are more on the budget side like most of us then you will probably get better feeling by putting them on a heel plate so they have less work to do and more direct contact with the body.

I dont know what the shakers you are using are. Mounting to the pedal plate wont impact the pedals, i.e. they wont care about the vibrations.
If your shakers are more on the budget side like most of us then you will probably get better feeling by putting them on a heel plate so they have less work to do and more direct contact with the body.
Thanks for the advice. The shakers are quite strong and cost 50 euro per piece. If the power is not an issue and the shakers won't impact the pedals, I recon mounting them is better on the pedal plate?

Somewhere herein in the forum is a response fron Enzo Fazzi from Heusinkveld that the Sprints have no problems with "vibrators"

My own experience corroborates that, I have exciters on brake and accelerator for half a year now, zero problems.

MFG Carsten

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea