Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

Just out of curiosity has anyone tried using skateboard bushings as isolators? They come in a variety of shore ratings, i.e. 64 up to 95.

Reason it's hard to find properly rated bobbins where I am - can easily get a ton of unmarked made in China stuff which i don't trust to withstand the weight of my seat and me plus the braking force.

I had a look at skateboard bushings but they are not Ideal as they are basically just a washer. I bought a load of bobbins in different heights and diameters and went from there.
The biggest difference I have made is isolating my rig from the floor.

I got the Douk Audio 4ch amp and hooked it up to one of my Daytons. I played around with a frequency generator between 20Hz and 200Hz to get a feel for where I should put my low and high-pass filters in APO. The fun lasted about 10mins before the amp cut off and smelled of burnt electronics. I'm sure it wasn't a shortcut (by any inputs), input gain was left at 50% and amp occasionally at max 40%.

Well, at least I have a second amp, but hopefully I can get this sorted quickly... Weird part is it just stopped working while it was idle, no signal generated. The amp box was badly beaten upon arrival so that could be the reason, but still don't really think so since the inside looked ok.

Wow did I kill this thread? ;) Anyway, getting the Douk sorted with RMA, the second unit seems to work fine! Anyone else had more time with the Douk Audio 4ch amp? Worked fine, have you been happy with it?

I've absolutely cocked up. I bought two of those little Dayton Pucks to go with a little USB amp. All this to compliment my BKG2.

I opened up the packages and took them out and left them on my desk. Fast forward two days I realised I've actually bought one 8ohm version and one 16ohm version. So I order another 8ohm version and figure I'll hold onto the 16 for future use. The only problem now is I have no idea which one is the 16 - the pucks have no stickers on to identify which ohms they are.

Is there any way I can find out? Will my house blow up if I accidentally use an 8 and a 16 together? And yes, I'm an idiot.

If you have access to a multimeter you could measure the resistance of the speakers. Also, driving a speaker with a higher rated ohm than your amp is fine, most it can do I not generate enough output. Note, don't crack it up to 100%...

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Long time lurker here on this thread. I have taken Mr. Latte’s suggestion and currently have 8 Dayton DAEX32EP connected to 2 Douk M4. They are mounted on my Sparco seat, 2 under knees, 1 on each side bolsters, 2 lower back, and 1 on each shoulders. I am currently trying out Romainrob’s setting.

Any suggestions as to what effects should go to a particular exciter? For example should front wheel slip go to the 2 under knees and rear alip go to lower back?

Would love to hear any advice. Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone. Long time lurker here on this thread. I have taken Mr. Latte’s suggestion and currently have 8 Dayton DAEX32EP connected to 2 Douk M4. They are mounted on my Sparco seat, 2 under knees, 1 on each side bolsters, 2 lower back, and 1 on each shoulders. I am currently trying out Romainrob’s setting.

Any suggestions as to what effects should go to a particular exciter? For example should front wheel slip go to the 2 under knees and rear alip go to lower back?

Would love to hear any advice. Thanks in advance.
Your idea of the front and back ones for tyre slip sounds sensible. Possibly try kerbs for side bolsters? Maybe other bumps for shoulders, but it's all personal preference. Will you be running any other units for RPM or Speed effects?

How are the tyre slip effects working for you? It's the one effect I've overlooked so far :/

Currently Im running rpms on idle which is very cool but only on when starting in the pits. That I have all exciters active. I do have kerbs (road impact?) and gear shift on side and shoulder. For the knee and low back, I’m trying out to just put only wheel slips effect so that hopefully it can actually help me with my driving as it will be the only feedback

It does feel way immersive to have the seat shakes and rumble. Curious how adding a BL LFE will do, but if I go that way I guess I will have to look at seat isolation.

Any additional advice appreciated.

Your idea of the front and back ones for tyre slip sounds sensible. Possibly try kerbs for side bolsters? Maybe other bumps for shoulders, but it's all personal preference. Will you be running any other units for RPM or Speed effects?

How are the tyre slip effects working for you? It's the one effect I've overlooked so far :/

I consider front and rear wheel slip the piece of tactile information that actually helps you drive better on a track. If you can feel when your front or rear first starts to slide you can adjust your speed or front rear weight distribution accordingly.

You can hear tires sliding in iRacing, but that doesn't give you front rear information.

I have road texture/bumps, engine rpm, and a gear shift thunk for paddle/sequential shifts, but they are all for immersion. I do have the rpms get a bit raspy near redline, but it rarely helps me.

I consider front and rear wheel slip the piece of tactile information that actually helps you drive better on a track. If you can feel when your front or rear first starts to slide you can adjust your speed or front rear weight distribution accordingly.

You can hear tires sliding in iRacing, but that doesn't give you front rear information.

I have road texture/bumps, engine rpm, and a gear shift thunk for paddle/sequential shifts, but they are all for immersion. I do have the rpms get a bit raspy near redline, but it rarely helps me.
Yeah, I totally get this. I first got in to tactile with a view of gaining a competitive edge by having more "feel" for what the car is doing. But once I started to use it, it became all about immersion.

I'll test out rear tyre slip with my current setup and if I'm impressed, or find it helpful, I'll order another cheap amp and exciters in the coming weeks. Running desperately low on power and sound card outlets has held me back for a while :/

Currently Im running rpms on idle which is very cool but only on when starting in the pits. That I have all exciters active. I do have kerbs (road impact?) and gear shift on side and shoulder. For the knee and low back, I’m trying out to just put only wheel slips effect so that hopefully it can actually help me with my driving as it will be the only feedback

It does feel way immersive to have the seat shakes and rumble. Curious how adding a BL LFE will do, but if I go that way I guess I will have to look at seat isolation.

Any additional advice appreciated.
Adding a BK LFE will make a big difference. Having the additional low Hz range to play with really separates the feedback from what you'll be getting from the exciters. LFEs work really well for RPMs. You will need isolation to prevent it from shaking your whole rig/house. I've gone with bobbin mounts between my seat brackets and seat sliders, they work well for me. I was nervous about drilling through my seat, but the fibre glass drilled cleanly and it was an easy install. I hope that's of some help.

I'm going to start by installing 4 exciters today. I'll try out the standard effects, but I'd be interested to try out e.g. romainrob's files. I can't seem to find them anywhere. Are they only available through some discord channel (I think I've seen that mentioned at some point)?

Hello evrybody.I need some help. I want to add 2 buttkicker LFE

www.thomann.de

Fischer Amps Buttkicker LFE
Bass Shaker The new bass shaker for adding an exciting element to drum thones, stage platforms and dance floors. Via a new functional principle, an impressive amount of intensity and power can be achieved. Such a direct response is not usually...
www.thomann.de
www.thomann.de

to my P1 Rig from Simlab. is this amplifier good to run both of them ?

www.thomann.de

the t.amp E-1500
Stereo Power Amplifier Power: 2 x 1430 W at 4 ohm, 2 x 950 W at 8 ohm (@1kHz, THD
www.thomann.de
www.thomann.de

Can u tell me please which cables I have to buy. I use a soundcard Sounblaster Z

https://us.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-z

in which I connect my audio speaker system with optical audio cable

ty a lot

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play