Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

I think it would be best to get proper clarification in the Discord for the "Profile Properties" options and using the import/export sound mapping profiles.

In the "Sound Output" screen, we can import/export a "Soundcards Profile" for the effects channel locations. So if you wanted to save different channel outputs for the effects that are loaded via the actual "Game Profile" that was loaded or imported.

It's a bit confusing, as when you select "include output settings for this profile" that should if I am correct save the channel outputs you placed for the different effects.

Yet sometimes it seems things are not working properly with the channels and effects. Is this because we maybe didnt export a "Soundcard Profile" for the channel mapping? Also whats the difference in that and saving/loading the profiles for the soundcards via the "Sound Output"

One is likely more for handling the actual effects settings and the other to do with how the users soundcard is being used to place the effects with the channel mapping. Should we be saving the channel mapping used via export with a profile and then it saves properly and will then apply the mapping if "include output settings for this profile" is selected?

I could be wrong but it would help knowing exactly the proper usage and methods to use.

Ok, NX3000D on its way and just secured a bargain on a used BK LFE. I’ll maybe look at 2 LFE in the seat area and try to add the 2 Reckhorns to the pedal plate. Not sure about amplification though - would be ideal if the single 3000D could do it all but doubt it.

My order of 4 Sinuslive 80W bass shakers is cancelled at Conrad so I’m in the race for an another brand.
The Aurasaound 50W shakers are too expensive to import to the Netherlands.
I can buy the Reckhorn 200i from the UK, but is that a good one?

Last edited:
My order of 4 Sinuslive 80W bass shakers is cancelled at Conrad so I’m in the race for an another brand.
The Aurasaound 50W shakers are too expensive to import to the Netherlands.
I can buy the Reckhorn 200i from the UK, but is that a good one?

Its a decent unit to use for starting out yes and I believe it is rather similar to the Aurasound.

Its a decent unit to use for starting out yes and I believe it is rather similar to the Aurasound.
Ok thank you, I already have a Buttkicker Gamer 2 under the the seat and the 4 new ones are for the tires each side.

Can you tell me the next in line of the Reckhorn/Aurasound? Maybe I better can spend some money dor a better shaker.

Ok thank you, I already have a Buttkicker Gamer 2 under the the seat and the 4 new ones are for the tires each side.

Can you tell me the next in line of the Reckhorn/Aurasound? Maybe I better can spend some money dor a better shaker.

If you have the appropriate type of seat you are better getting 6-8 of the "Thruster" exciters and use those on the seat with the BK. Tests have shown lots of people put tactile on corners of the frame for the cockpit but in doing that much of their energy is wasted. The approach that works best is to use tactile directly at the seat/pedal platforms and then isolate these platforms from the rest of the cockpit frame.

Keep in mind we want the tactile to enter our bodies not freely roam over the cockpit frame.
More channels in the seat lets you use more effects and disperse the effects directly into your body better.
Using two Reckhorns for rear channels as L/R and with the BK for rpm/speed etc will be okay but not be as good.

Depends how you want to go about it and your welcome to ask others here that have been installing tactile to their cockpits with this approach. You can add units to pedals at a later time or consider testing the BK/Exciter combo on pedals as well.

If you have the appropriate type of seat you are better getting 6-8 of the "Thruster" exciters and use those on the seat with the BK. Tests have shown lots of people put tactile on corners of the frame for the cockpit but in doing that much of their energy is wasted. The approach that works best is to use tactile directly at the seat/pedal platforms and then isolate these platforms from the rest of the cockpit frame.

Keep in mind we want the tactile to enter our bodies not freely roam over the cockpit frame.
More channels in the seat lets you use more effects and disperse the effects directly into your body better.
Using two Reckhorns for rear channels as L/R and with the BK for rpm/speed etc will be okay but not be as good.

Depends how you want to go about it and your welcome to ask others here that have been installing tactile to their cockpits with this approach. You can add units to pedals at a later time or consider testing the BK/Exciter combo on pedals as well.

I have a real Ford Focus RS sportscar seat. Had a bucketseat but my back needs a real car seat. It’s more comfortable than a bucketseat.
The only option the mount a shaker is under the seat, the other sides are made of leather/soft fabric.

Can you give me an example of a good Exiter?

I have a real Ford Focus RS sportscar seat. Had a bucketseat but my back needs a real car seat. It’s more comfortable than a bucketseat.
The only option the mount a shaker is under the seat, the other sides are made of leather/soft fabric.

Can you give me an example of a good Exiter?

A sports recliner type seat like you have needs a hardback to make the exciters work. This thread is full of discussions about it all. Just that everything gets mashed into one thread. Some other members have done their own threads recently (which I recommended) that illustrate how they implemented the concept.

One Nice Example

In your case you are best to run with installing units like the Reckhorn to the seats seat rails sections but real car seats have a lot of other materials/framework. I do think its possible however to come up with a solution that uses the exciters but as a seat cushion. That would make an interesting challenge to do a thread on the idea and see what we come up with.

Last edited:
Thank you for the extra info ;)

Here two pics of the seat placement. I have two options.

Buy 4 extra 4040 profiles to place the seat higher and isolate with rubber strips. Then mount the exiters/shakers on that extra profile layer.

Second option is buy a mdf wood plate, mount it between the rig and the seat and then mount the exiters/shakers on the mdf plate.

E816A8E3-52FD-46DF-9141-DF426178970D.jpeg
69939181-43CC-48C7-8A1E-191FE27A9F1F.jpeg

Hello I'm trying to sort out some issues I'm having with my tactile setup, I have 4 mini lfe they are working but I can hear the game sound through the front kickers and can't figure out smoothing the vibrations I'm getting through the butt kickers i also just added a gamer2 to the seat and I'm not sure how to set it up individually lastly I'm using 5 amps from the same company to power each unit any help would be greatly appreciated

Hello I'm trying to sort out some issues I'm having with my tactile setup, I have 4 mini lfe they are working but I can hear the game sound through the front kickers and can't figure out smoothing the vibrations I'm getting through the butt kickers i also just added a gamer2 to the seat and I'm not sure how to set it up individually lastly I'm using 5 amps from the same company to power each unit any help would be greatly appreciated
If you've got an unwanted sound channel coming through your shakers then it should be an easy fix. If you go through the sound settings in Windows and then 'App volume device preferences', you can choose which apps output to each soundcard. Just choose the unwanted app that's coming through your shakers and set it to the main card that you use for "normal" audio. Hopefully that will fix it.

Would anyone who is using a large BK, bolted directly to a bucket seat be willing to share their RPM effect or set? Edit: For use with ACC

I've been using a set that contains multiple layers. Half of them feel nice and I can start to feel really good potential in them but the other half can't be perceived by me even if I crank those layers to 100% on their respective sliders.

Basically, I'm left with gaps and it feels as if the BK gets turned down and up as I climb through the rpm range as a perceivable layer gets replaced by one that I cannot perceive.

Good at Idle, nothing from 2K-3K, OK ish at 3-4K, starts to come back in gently from 4K up and then feels nice and crisp as it judders against the limiter is the best way I can generalise what I feel.

I wasn't able to/don't have the skill to manipulate those non perceivable layers to fill in the gaps and had to resort to doing this to one of them. I doesn't feel realistic at all but it does keep the BK active throughout the rpm range so I've had to settle with this for the time being. Try not to laugh too much :roflmao:

RPM Response Curve.jpg

Are there any audio engineers in my part of the world that are willing to come and set this up for me? I think that might be my only hope of getting this to work out :p

Last edited:
Would anyone who is using a large BK, bolted directly to a bucket seat be willing to share their RPM effect or set? Edit: For use with ACC

I've been using a set that contains multiple layers. Half of them feel nice and I can start to feel really good potential in them but the other half can't be perceived by me even if I crank those layers to 100% on their respective sliders.

Basically, I'm left with gaps and it feels as if the BK gets turned down and up as I climb through the rpm range as a perceivable layer gets replaced by one that I cannot perceive.

Good at Idle, nothing from 2K-3K, OK ish at 3-4K, starts to come back in gently from 4K up and then feels nice and crisp as it judders against the limiter is the best way I can generalise what I feel.

I wasn't able to/don't have the skill to manipulate those non perceivable layers to fill in the gaps and had to resort to doing this to one of them. I doesn't feel realistic at all but it does keep the BK active throughout the rpm range so I've had to settle with this for the time being. Try not to laugh too much :roflmao:

View attachment 396909

Are there any audio engineers in my part of the world that are willing to come and set this up for me? I think that might be my only hope of getting this to work out :p

I have a tall bump at the beginning between 20 & 45 followed by a sharp rise at 75 to full tilt, the the large BK at around 30hz. An similar layer runs 45hz up to 95hz with mini lfe‘s under the thighs and two exciters at the shoulders.
I really like the intensity at gear change this curve gives.

Capture 1.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

Last edited:
I have a tall bump at the beginning between 20 & 45 followed by a sharp rise at 75 to full tilt, the the large BK at around 30hz

Thanks for describing the curve you use. You mentioned 30Hz and I've just noticed the layer I was messing around with is set at 72Hz!

Paul can you show what Hz your using with that effect layer as that would help too.
Do you have any PEQ applied on the amps DSP that is a cut/drop?

The effect layer I messed with was the one named "Idle - low & peak". I didn't alter anything but the curve itself and never paid any attention to the other settings out of frustration. I just dragged the curve around to try and feel something consistently.

2.jpg

I've never touched the PEQ as I'm clearly not ready for that level of tuning and it's been left set as default.

The only thing I did set right at the beginning was the crossover and I based the low pass settings from what I perceived using the tone generator. With that, I couldn't feel anything over 55Hz front and 60Hz rear so I tried to set it as so that the gain didn't roll off below 0db until it reached those points.

03 NX Edit Filter Crossover.jpg

What's confusing to me now is that the layer I messed with can be felt and it's locked at 72Hz which makes my earlier findings with the tone generator seem like a lie. My head hurts :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
I thought I would mention this here since it is tactile related.

I shorted out my NX4-6000 months ago and it stopped working. I contacted them about this repair, but due to Covid-19 they had shut down their repair shop and they gave me an RMA and said they would contact me when they reopened.

Music Tribe out of Las Vegas, NV is doing the repair. They sent me an email confirmation as soon as it arrived yesterday and they emailed me a quote for repair and followed it up with a phone call today. They took my CC info and told me that it should ship back to me tomorrow.

They are charging me $77 which includes $28 of return shipping. So the actual repair work is just under $50.

So far I'm impressed!

Hopefully it will work reliably when it gets back. Fingers crossed.

I still have the quieter replacement Noctua fans waiting for it that I hadn't installed yet, but I think I'll let it run a little while before I mess with anything.

First time doing anything with tactical so i'm looking for some advice as to where I should place my 2 Dayton BST 50w transducers running simhub. I only have a single channel amp at the moment so the output will be the same for both shakers. I originally planned on putting one under and one behind the seat (vw gti recaro). But after opening it up, there's nothing inside the seat back to mount to. I'd probably just have to make a wooden insert for the seat back pocket but I'm not sure that would be the best option for distributing the vibrations.

The base of the frame is 2x6 so I can mount one directly to the frame on each side of the seat. The rear bracket of the seat is just sitting on the wood though so I don't know how much of the vibration would travel to the seat.

I can also put one under the seat and one under the pedal box but is that too much output on the pedals with a single channel? Do I want the same effects and strength of effects on both the seat and the pedals? Any advice would be appreciated!

rig.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea