Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

I'm starting to wish I didn't cheap out on my seat choice. I've got a bottom of the range Corbeau which has a strange pattern moulded into it which will limit the placement somewhat. I'm glad I only have to find a home for 4 exiters at the moment.

IMG_20200619.jpg

I'm starting to wish I didn't cheap out on my seat choice. I've got a bottom of the range Corbeau which has a strange pattern moulded into it which will limit the placement somewhat. I'm glad I only have to find a home for 4 exiters at the moment.

View attachment 382938

Hmm....you might search used racecar parts. Composite seats have a limited race life (the cert expire after 5 years)...without addition structural support. So, many people sell them off and replace new.

From what I've seen, doing the 2 on the bolster of the seat makes quite a big difference as well. My plan is this for the 8 that I will be attaching.

Edit: Those arrows indicate under the legs on the front of the seat.
View attachment 382937
This looks like a good plan and is probably what I would go with if using only exciters. In my case, I have BK Adv transducers on right behind the seat on the left and right rails and a BK LFE under the seat near the knees, so I’m just using the Dayton exciters at the shoulders and outside of the front of the leg section, as you’ve shown here.

View attachment 382938

Although an odd shape, still looks like there are some solid choices there for the exciters. I think with them being so small, you should still be able to get away with placing them in the most popular spots.

From what I've seen, doing the 2 on the bolster of the seat makes quite a big difference as well. My plan is this for the 8 that I will be attaching.

Edit: Those arrows indicate under the legs on the front of the seat.

It may be easier to show than describe how I plan to arrange mine. The two BK4 units along the rails handle stereo separated effects at low frequency. The LFE and TST in the middle split duty for mono effects at low and mid-frequency, respectively. The DAE around the shoulders and knees are for stereo separated higher frequency effects. The BK4 are on the seat rails. Everything else is attached directly to the seat.

device_placement.jpg

It may be easier to show than describe how I plan to arrange mine. The two BK4 units along the rails handle stereo separated effects at low frequency. The LFE and TST in the middle split duty for mono effects at low and mid-frequency, respectively. The DAE around the shoulders and knees are for stereo separated higher frequency effects. The BK4 are on the seat rails. Everything else is attached directly to the seat.

View attachment 382979

Wow that looks great! I keep going back on forth with a design similar to this (more about the parts you used), but can't seem to decide. Under the pretense that 2 smaller units provide a large division of power and more of a stero output, running 2 BK4's instead of one BK-Concert seems to be a better option. Yet I see more people running single concerts instead. I guess there is the whole understanding of how much power is needed and utilized throughout as well. More amps=more money. By the way, I'm not sure if you are stateside, but I see Concerts for the same price as the LFE's all the time, brand new on eBay, which might be more bang for your buck!

Wow that looks great! I keep going back on forth with a design similar to this (more about the parts you used), but can't seem to decide. Under the pretense that 2 smaller units provide a large division of power and more of a stero output, running 2 BK4's instead of one BK-Concert seems to be a better option. Yet I see more people running single concerts instead. I guess there is the whole understanding of how much power is needed and utilized throughout as well. More amps=more money. By the way, I'm not sure if you are stateside, but I see Concerts for the same price as the LFE's all the time, brand new on eBay, which might be more bang for your buck!

I started a build thread that will cover my thought process, feedback I received from @Mr Latte along the way, component selection, and how everything is fitting together. It’s still awaiting admin approval to become visible, and but I’ll provide a link here when it’s up. Mine is probably not going to be the most cost-effective solution, but I’m trying to follow principles of dividing labor among the transducers and asking them each to focus on what they best deliver. I’m running the 4 larger units from a pair of Behringer NX3000D amps and the 4 exciters from an EPQ304.

Yes, I am in the US and when I checked most recently the LFE and Concert units were the same price here. As far as I can tell, the only difference is that the LFEs are 8 Ohm and the Concerts are 4 Ohm.

I started a build thread that will cover my thought process, feedback I received from @Mr Latte along the way, component selection, and how everything is fitting together. It’s still awaiting admin approval to become visible, and but I’ll provide a link here when it’s up. Mine is probably not going to be the most cost-effective solution, but I’m trying to follow principles of dividing labor among the transducers and asking them each to focus on what they best deliver. I’m running the 4 larger units from a pair of Behringer NX3000D amps and the 4 exciters from an EPQ304.

Yes, I am in the US and when I checked most recently the LFE and Concert units were the same price here. As far as I can tell, the only difference is that the LFEs are 8 Ohm and the Concerts are 4 Ohm.
I look forward to it! Do you know how much you picked up your 3000D for? I was wondering if they ever go on sale and such.

View attachment 382938
You can do fine with that... 2 near shoulders, 2 near kidneys. I've got similar mouldings on my SimLab seat and still have plenty of options for placement.

PS - Nice wheel! :)

You can do fine with that... 2 near shoulders, 2 near kidneys. I've got similar mouldings on my SimLab seat and still have plenty of options for placement.

PS - Nice wheel! :)

Cheers mate! My very scientific research so far composes of me sitting and feeling the 4 places where I think my body presses firmest against the seat. With that, I think I'll start with 2 under the back of my knees and 2 in the mid back region.

Some of the mentioned 3M dual lock tape sounds like a good idea so I can do some future testing.

So....the journey begins:

Amp:

Exciters (4x):

Seat:

As noted above, I've installed the Exciters using the low-profile 3M Dual-Lock. I purchased 3x5" rectangles. But, there are tons of options. The adhesive section on the exciter is 1.75" in diameter. I don't see any reason to use anything stronger. The tactile comes through very well (granted I don't have anything to compare it to). BUt, I have to use a putty knife to remove these...they won't just pull off. But, catch the edge of a putty knife between the layers and pry...and it pops right off.

View attachment 382891

At the moment I've installed the 4 exciters here:

View attachment 382899

The front two work really well. The two lower-lumber, not so much. I think the issue is that I don't make contact with that part of the seat. I think I need to move them in and up to where my lower back is actually touching. There's just a thick layer of fabric on the inside, and the seat is actually a bit big for me (it was the passenger seat in my racecar, so I bought it for "larger" passsengers).

I have a ProADV in the shop that fits like a glove. I might try that, instead. the only issue is that its a full containment seat with halo. Kinda big, and don't really need a halo! Alternatively, I could make a seat insert for this seat to help fill the empty space and tranfer the energy to my skin.

Simhub Profile:

At the moment, I'm using RomainRob's profile. I tweaked some volumes and turned off some extraneous effects. But, in general it worked very well...for a first attempt. I think I need to get the exciter locations dialed in a bit more (and maybe order another round of 4 ;-). Then maybe I'll be able to comprehend the effect manipulation a bit more.

Hey would you mind linking to the RomainRob's profile? I need somewhere to get started and I'm sure that would be handy. Many thanks!

Hey would you mind linking to the RomainRob's profile? I need somewhere to get started and I'm sure that would be handy. Many thanks!

Sorry it took a while. I couldn't create a link from the discord app on my phone.

Sorry it took a while. I couldn't create a link from the discord app on my phone.

Thank you! The link goes straight to the channel, but if you are not in the discord that doesn't work so just incase anyone else was looking for it.

Simhub Discord Link:

Chanel Link:

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 48 67.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 16 22.5%