T500RS Driver and Firmware Update - 2014-7-15

Old thread but I just updated my T500 to V.43 and here we go, the USB problem is here. For the people affected, did you manage to solve the problem without downgrading?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Im having massive issues with my t500 drivers/usb, every time i get a windows update my wheel starts showing as a FFB wheel and the control panel borks. only way i can fix this (regularly) is to fully uninstall the drivers and then reinstall and leave the usb plugged in on the windows restart, it then installs more driver files and the wheel works again, until the next time...doing my head in!

edit: the odd part of this is that if i usually leave the usb plugged in on a windows restart the wheel gets stuck in an endless dance where it spins the wheel and pauses and then repeats, indefinitely.

Upvote 0
I didn't have any problems with V.41 and the wheel was working without a problem for months. Updated yesterday and had to restart my 3 times since as all my usb devices stop working after a while. I guess I will have to go back to 41...what a shame TM...

Upvote 0
Old thread but I just updated my T500 to V.43 and here we go, the USB problem is here. For the people affected, did you manage to solve the problem without downgrading?

I had that issue too, but I had to reinstall my PC. So I downgraded from Windows 8.1 to 7 and now the problem is gone. However it introduced double downshifts in RaceRoom

Upvote 0
*update: I tried connecting the wheel via the USB ports on the back of my PC and was working fine. So not really sure what the problem was but now it seems to be fine. Just for the record, I was using USB2 ona the back and on the front so no difference there.
@Frank van Oeveren I tried RRE as well and no double shifting here...I am also on Win7

Upvote 0
I'm on W8.1 and only have double shifts on the T500/TX ad-on wheels, not on the default ones.
But it only happens once or twin during a race.

Sector3 will check the double shift problem.

Upvote 0
That is debatable :).

An upgrade would be Linux.

I have high hopes for Win 10 though, seriously. As much as Win 8 was a disaster, I do think they'll salvage it with Win 10. Microsoft has a habit of every other Windows release being not so great before they fix it with the following release ever since Win 98.

Win 98 - Great
Win ME - Meh
Win XP - Great
Win Vista - Meh
Win 7 - Great
Win 8 - Meh
Win 10 - ???

Upvote 0
Win 8 is as much a upgrade from 7 that Vista was from XP, it seems like not a lot of people understood it but under the bonnet Vista was a vast improvement of XP and laid the foundations for most of the things people like about Win 7, the same goes for 8 imo, it's a huge upgrade from 7 in many ways, but it has a few issues as one would expect when taking such a leap in design, but under the bonnet, Win 8 is a powerhouse and going back to a Win 7 machine these days feels like using a ancient computer to me :p
Win 10 is still an unknown, but it's looking really promising.

Edit: Oh forgot to say that, unlike Vista, which was a resource hog compared to XP, Win 8 actually gives you better performance than Win 7 does.

Upvote 0
The new firmware update is a joke. If after attempting the firmware update you wheel fails to work or you find the wheel has no force feedback. Don't bother calling Thrustmaster Support, they will not help you and will ask you very leading question in an attempt to place blame on you. This should fix any problems. Do a boot install by removing the USB from the computer, PlayStation or Xbox. with the USB disconnected, hold down both buttons L3 and R3 then plug the USB back in. You will see a message in the right lower corner that states your wheel is in Boot mod. release the buttons. re-install the firmware. when done, restart the computer. Now hold down the MODE button on the wheel and again remove the USB. Wait 10 seconds, then plug the USB back in. Watch out for your hand as the wheel will begin to reset. release the MODE button. That's it, all functions should be turned back on.

Upvote 0
The new firmware update is a joke. If after attempting the firmware update you wheel fails to work or you find the wheel has no force feedback. Don't bother calling Thrustmaster Support, they will not help you and will ask you very leading question in an attempt to place blame on you. This should fix any problems. Do a boot install by removing the USB from the computer, PlayStation or Xbox. with the USB disconnected, hold down both buttons L3 and R3 then plug the USB back in. You will see a message in the right lower corner that states your wheel is in Boot mod. release the buttons. re-install the firmware. when done, restart the computer. Now hold down the MODE button on the wheel and again remove the USB. Wait 10 seconds, then plug the USB back in. Watch out for your hand as the wheel will begin to reset. release the MODE button. That's it, all functions should be turned back on.

Hi. What does the mode button hold/USB removal do? Is it just recalibration or something else?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back