Stuttering

Haven't driven R3E for a long time now. I really like the new physics update. Unfortunately I have micro stutters every once in a while while driving. Doesn't matter if i have the graphics settings all turned up to max or turn them down. Even on Max it's mostly smooth but then again...stuttering. I'm using single screen 1920x1080 with an R9 290 Tri-X (overclocked) and an 4970K on stock. Win7 Pro 64bit....Anyone has a clue?

I get similar hiccups that seem to occur when the lap timing screen pops up. I've turned down the settings but it didn't help.

I've put the shaders on low but it still does it. The main effect of the shaders seems to be to lower track detail. The track looks a bit plain with them on low, although its still usable.

Here's my system:
i5 4670K
HD 7850
8Gb Ram

You should check out which processes are running in the background. Shouldn't be a Hardware problem based on your specs. Which Antivirus / Firewall are you using?

It is a known conflict in AC according to their support forum, still a great av program but RRRE too may have issues with avast. I do notice in task mgr that avira uses less power to run, it has helped my performance but the truth is i need to upgrade my tower. The tight turns at spa are really bad.

I am using Ad-Aware Pro Security. I just had a look for a 'gaming mode' but couldn't find one.

I never used Ad-Aware Pro Security. If it has a gaming mode it probably won't affect gaming performance at all. "Gaming mode" usually is only some kind of silent mode so you don't get popups from your antivirus software during gaming. Try to deactivate Ad-Aware completely for a while and see if the performance of R3E is getting better. If so it might be time to change your antivirus software.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back