Stuttering on the new kansai track

I don't no if anyone else is having this problem, since 1.33 the new kansai track just keeps stuttering all the way around the track for me. It doesn't matter what car I use around the track it just stutters. My pc is maxed out and I don't have any issues with any other track car combo. I am running a fx 6300, 16 gig ram, G1 GTX 970, Windows 7 ultimate. I have uninstalled then reinstalled steam version but still the stuttering on kansai. Is anyone else having this issue

Just had race with 19 metalmoro, Same FPS dips but not as bad, there are no yellow flags so guess Ai suited better to track. Cant comment on stuttering as Ai behaviour is better. Just the fact that I would have to reduce amount of Ai to get better race but that's not good

Alex, I experimented with other cars on Kansai tonight as well as the changes to the PLR file you suggested. The changes to the PLR file made little if any difference. Setting shadows to medium seemed to make the most impact, almost eliminating the stutter, but I still had the periodic jerks/ momentary freezes that would coincide with the AI SuperKarts spinning/crashing and of course the yellow flag briefly appearing when they did. I tried a few other cars and the difference is dramatic. First, the AI in the other cars didn't crash or drive as erratically as the AI of the SuperKarts and the overall frame rate was always slightly higher as well. I didn't notice any of the stuttering or momentary freezes with other cars either. So I am really beginning to think it is something with the SuperKarts themselves more than anything. Although it may be by design and in comparison to other cars, the SuperKart AI is crazy wild with lots of dive bombing, spinning and general nutty behavior. After doing this experiment, I really don't think it has anything to do with the higher details of the track itself. I think I read this elsewhere, but the SuperKarts get stuck in the gravel as well (but the SuperKart AI seem be able to get out).

i get these random micro stutters on a few tracks, not just kansai with the superkarts. I have time to NONE but shadows to max. It is so random that its hard to distinguish whats making it happen. i had it with the extremes at kansai too.

Last edited:
I run it with 4xMSAA and 4XSGS, looks gorgeous and runs at solid 60fps

However on some tracks i do get a bit of stutter, which i got around by optimizing all the sound files for all cars, i virtually halved the size of the audio files with no loss in quality, this was enough to bring my DPClatency down which smoothed gameplay tremendously, but then i did a file check with steam and it piggin replaced em all :(

I hope this additional info can help. Tonight I ran the SuperKarts at Speilberg. I decided to test the SuperKarts with default settings at both Kansai and Speilberg, leaving the AI at 25% aggression and 88% strength. Racing at Speilberg was a MUCH better race. Although the AI was aggressive, they were not nearly as aggressive as they are on Kansai with very few spins, dive-bombing etc. I also had a very smooth run with no stutters or periodic freezes. There is apparently something unique with the SuperKarts on Kansai that is causing the troubles. I'm sure you will get it worked out. For what it's worth, my rig is: AMD Phenom II x4 965, AMD Radeon R9 280X, 8gb memory, 500gb SSD. Running a 29" widescreen setup at 2560 x 1080.
BTW, thanks Reiza, for the best sim out there!

Last edited:
Haven't had much chance to play lately, still fighting this cold and work-week beginning again, but will give the suggestions last-page a try tomorrow hopefully, as well as test other cars like others have.

I do want to say, it's awesome how Reiza/Alex approached this. Player 'A' is experiencing issues > Reiza/Alex looks to help resolve issues with community testing. SMS/Bell could learn a thing or two from that ;)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back