Stuttering on the new kansai track

I don't no if anyone else is having this problem, since 1.33 the new kansai track just keeps stuttering all the way around the track for me. It doesn't matter what car I use around the track it just stutters. My pc is maxed out and I don't have any issues with any other track car combo. I am running a fx 6300, 16 gig ram, G1 GTX 970, Windows 7 ultimate. I have uninstalled then reinstalled steam version but still the stuttering on kansai. Is anyone else having this issue

Just some thing I found out not long after this post. I started messing with graphic settings. If I set shadows off, Kensai runs fine but with no shadows it looks crap. If I put shadows low I get slight stutters. Any higher it stutters all around the track, so I am baffled as to what's causing it. As I said all other tracks and car combos work fine fully maxed out. Any car on Kensai and I have issues. The new super kart works fine on all other tracks except new one. Any advise would be appreciated

Thanks for getting back to me so quick, I have just run through all graphic setting and have discovered, I can leave everything on max but put shadows down to mid, I now have no stuttering and with shadows on mid at least the cars do not look like they are floating. It is a shame I have to down grade for just this track, but at least it runs. I will try time acceleration and get back to you. Thanks again for your help

ok wow it seems turning of time scale has fixed it, I can run maxed out including shadows, I tried with time scale on just to make sure it was not a fluke but it still stutters, so thank you so much for your help it runs great on the settings you have mentioned. regards Dave

ok wow it seems turning of time scale has fixed it, I can run maxed out including shadows, I tried with time scale on just to make sure it was not a fluke but it still stutters, so thank you so much for your help it runs great on the settings you have mentioned. regards Dave
Alright, open your PLR file and can you tell me what values you have for these settings:

Shadow Updates
Sky Update Frames

Same issue here. Same PLR file settings as in post #11. Seems to affect SuperKarts at Kansai the most. Stuttering almost eliminated by turning shadows down to medium. Still have periodic stutter at random points on the track during a race, but constant stutter is gone. Maybe tied to other Karts spinning or crashing?

Last edited:
Have not played in a few days due to catching-ill, but I do recall some slight stutter at Kansai, going under the 'bridge' after turn 9, when trying the 2 ASR F1 1991 car mods. Figured it was related to the cars but I will give time-scale adjustment a try soon and see if I encounter the slight stutter again.

Also running the same GPU as well.

Ok this is what I have so far,
Shadow Updates =2
Sky Updates Frames =40
timescale of, shadows mid
I do a race with 20 cars plus me, after couple of corners I get bad ffps drops and bad jerks and stutters. I have noticed when a car goes of, big stutters, when the yellow flag comes out it stutters. Basically it runs very poorly with full grid of cars. I am going to test with 10 plus me and get back to you

Game seems to run FFPS wise with 10 cars plus me but you would expect that... Issues are every collision Ai makes game stutters bad. The Ai fall of the track far to easily, they spin of going around corners making game stutter. One final note if you go of and get into sand its game over, you cannot get back on track without restarting and it seems the Ai can go into sand and get back on track

Got to say though track does look good. There are to other Suzuki tracks that run really well but don't look as good as yours. I have installed stock cars on a clean install on a new SSD and only Kansai is the track that does not run well. Shame but am sure you can sort it. All other cars, tracks maxed out are fantastic

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.0%