Cars Stupid AIs at le mans 1967#

The AI cars, especially the ford GT40 mkII tend to overshoot the braking zone at "Le grand circuit 1967" and jump at the mulsanne hairpin. I don't know if this is related to the track "Le grand circuit 1967" by Terra21 found here at racedepartment or to the car/cars. I have noticed that they jump way less when I lower the strength to 60-70%, but at that point they are very slow and it's no fun. I tried to see if they would build up some experience by launching a 25 min practice session and a 8 min qualifying, but that did help when it came to the race. Any tips on how to fix this, and have anyone had a simular problem?

The AI cars, especially the ford GT40 mkII tend to overshoot the braking zone at "Le grand circuit 1967" and jump at the mulsanne hairpin. I don't know if this is related to the track "Le grand circuit 1967" by Terra21 found here at racedepartment or to the car/cars. I have noticed that they jump way less when I lower the strength to 60-70%, but at that point they are very slow and it's no fun. I tried to see if they would build up some experience by launching a 25 min practice session and a 8 min qualifying, but that did help when it came to the race. Any tips on how to fix this, and have anyone had a simular problem?

The AI isn't 'stupid', it's doing what it's being told to do. If all stars align (by which I mean car and track modders do exceptional work) then the AI in AC can be rather good and a lot of fun IMO.

Can't speak for that specific combination, but if it's a specific example of that car doing it then most likely the problem lies in the car's AI.ini file. Unfortunately, there isn't much in the way of documentation about how those values work so you'll need to do some experiments with the 'look ahead' values.

Do you find the Kunos Porsche 908, Ferrari P4 and GT40 MK1 do the same or just this mod car?

Threads about car-specific AI editing to read:

Explanation of brake hints, which I think is the value you're looking for: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/problem-with-the-a-i-of-the-car.130765/

Last edited:
The AI isn't 'stupid', it's doing what it's being told to do. If all stars align (by which I mean car and track modders do exceptional work) then the AI in AC can be rather good and a lot of fun IMO.

Can't speak for that specific combination, but if it's a specific example of that car doing it then most likely the problem lies in the car's AI.ini file. Unfortunately, there isn't much in the way of documentation about how those values work so you'll need to do some experiments with the 'look ahead' values.

Do you find the Kunos Porsche 908, Ferrari P4 and GT40 MK1 do the same or just this mod car?

Explanation of brake hints, which I think is the value you're looking for: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/problem-with-the-a-i-of-the-car.130765/
I have mostly seen it happen with the non kunos car ford gt40 mkII, but i think i have seen it happen with the kunos ford gt40 and the p4, but if so it happens way less than with the mod

EDIT:
the times it has happened with the kunos cars i think it has been because they got pushed by the divebombing gt40s mkII (not kunos)

Last edited:

I have now tried messing around with the brake_hint and the lookahead in the ai file to the ford gt40 mkII but it seems to only affect them in some medium slow corners but not the hard hairpin at le mans

Hi Qoacks and Rodger,
I have been having the same issue with the GT40 mark IV
(both ' ad_ford_gt40_mk4' and ' ac_legends_gt40_mk4' )
can you please help me out?
i've practically copied the whole AI file of Kunos' ' Ferrari 330 ' into the GT40s to no avail.
thanks

Hi Qoacks and Rodger,
I have been having the same issue with the GT40 mark IV
(both ' ad_ford_gt40_mk4' and ' ac_legends_gt40_mk4' )
can you please help me out?
i've practically copied the whole AI file of Kunos' ' Ferrari 330 ' into the GT40s to no avail.
thanks

Hey man, there's a bunch of other factors like the car's braking power, weight, balance and a bunch of other things that affect what values you need in the ai.ini file.

I'm away from home at the moment but if you drop me a DM on the 26th I'm happy to help you out (send me a Discord username if you have one).

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply.
Like an idiot I asked a question first before exploring the links you posted earlier. There are definitely some useful pointers there which i will explore first. Maybe i'll come back to you with more specific questions after the 26th.
thanks again, all the best.
George

Hi Roger,
I've spend quite some time getting lost in tampering multiple *.ini-files. But in the end I managed to get the AI to behave by only altering the AI.ini and the AI_HINTS.ini files. :) (AI aggression 60% AI Strength 100%)
("the ASSETTO CORSA MODDING MANUAL 3.0 by A&M" was of great help too)
Cheers,
George

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play