General Ai.ini Configuration

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Modding Discussions' started by dbsmda, Apr 17, 2018.

1. dbsmda

dbsmda

Ratings:
    +1
    Does anyone know of or have a link to a guide that explains the parameters found in "ai.ini"?

Im trying to fix the ai for the reliant robin so I can actually race with them.

Particularly these values:

[PEDALS]
    GASGAIN=3.5
    BRAKE_HINT=1.00
    TRAIL_HINT=0.30

[LOOKAHEAD]
    BASE=26.6
    SPEED_GAIN=0.8
    GAS_BRAKE_LOOKAHEAD=5

[STEER]
    STEER_GAIN=1.5

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  2. LilSki

LilSki
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,498
    I don't remember what they all do exactly but just load up a race with like one other car and hit ctrl+c to let AI take control of your car and start tweaking the numbers. Once you start playing around it becomes pretty self explanatory.

• Like Like x 1
  3. dbsmda

dbsmda

Ratings:
    +1
    Oh i never thought of ctrl+c, Thanks!

4. ltcars

ltcars

Ratings:
    +473
    For tweaking the numbers you have to open the ai app

5. Jayenn

Jayenn

Ratings:
    +10
    I can't remember where i found it - here or on the official forums or wherever - but i saved a forum post about this exact thing in my AC folder. Here you go:

[GEARS]
    UP -> rpm the AI shifts up at
    DOWN -> rpm the AI shifts down at
    SLIP_THRESHOLD -> how well AI rev matches
    GAS_CUTOFF_TIME -> how long ai lifts throttle on upshifts

[PEDALS]
    GASGAIN -> how the AI pushes the throttle pedal vs. in other cars (since they have different engine maps, torque curves, etc)
    BRAKE_HINT -> how the AI pushes the brake pedal in this car (0.9 = 90% of the recorded line's suggested braking)
    TRAIL_HINT -> trail braking, same thing

[LOOKAHEAD]
    BASE -> how far in front of the car the AI looks at the recorded line to know what to do
    SPEED_GAIN -> how much it increases the distance according to speed (needs to look farther ahead to be ready for corners at higher speeds)
    GAS_BRAKE_LOOKAHEAD -> not sure if this is added to the base. Tells the AI ~how far it needs to be ready to brake/throttle.

[STEER]
    STEER_GAIN -> how hard the AI needs to turn the wheel to make corners (depends on ideal slip ratios, the way the car handles oversteer/understeer, etc.)

[DRAG]
    SLIP_RATIO_LIMIT -> the AI won't brake or throttle to a higher slip ratio than this
    [ULTRA_GRIP]
    VALUE -> how much lateral grip the AI is simulated with in braking zones. This helps AIs brake closer to the limit
    [PHYSICS_HINTS]
    AERO_HINT -> how much aero grip the car gains with speed, so the AI can calculate high speed cornering speeds more accurately without having to know everything about its aero loads.

• Like Like x 2
  6. AccAkut

AccAkut

Ratings:
    +1,378
    not all of these values are being used anymore, famously ULTRA_GRIP is now an internal value, and the one in the ini will be ignored

Guess its best to use the AI app while in the car in Ctrl-C mode

7. dbsmda

dbsmda

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you guys for the help. The ini and the ingame AI app are both helping me alot.

• Like Like x 1
  8. frank_will

frank_will

Ratings:
    +0
    I was looking into this as well, which one is the AI app you are referring to?

EDIT: Figured it out, should have searched a bit more first.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    • Beer Beer x 1
  9. Sergio Loro

Sergio Loro
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,058
    dont worry, happen to me all the time :laugh:

• Beer Beer x 1