Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

AI cars enter the pitlane they crash on the pit wall on left

Yes that is true to a degree. Due to the nature of this pit entry (extremely narrow lane on a curve).

I was able to get decent results from the stock GSC AI, even if there was some contact with the RIGHT hand pit wall the cars seemed to manage without damage. Some AI (car types) are better than others.

Touring Car Cup MOD by Stegink was never tested... you could try to reduce the AI Strength and or the Aggression. From your description the AI are cutting the corner. I did every thing possible to prevent this from happening.

PS... I build the AIW and test it to 105% / High aggression using Reiza cars... in this case the focus was on F-Extreme,F-Reiza, SuperV8, StockV8, and I am sure a few others.

Keith Windsor submitted a new resource:

F1 1988 Skins, Performance & Reliability, & more! Ver 1.00 - F1 1988 Skins, Performance & Reliability, & more! Ver 1.00

Formula 1 1988 Mod:

Includes:
Skins, Performance Variations, Mechanical failures, Talent files & LED dash on selected cars.

for Stock Car Extreme

by KMW

Version 1.00

In this readme file:
1) Credits
2) 1988 Skin set
3) How to install
4) Setting your AI difficulty
5) About the Offline skinset
6) Previous changes
7) Known Issues

1) CREDITS:
As always, thanks to Reiza for the original templates & files used to paint...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Yo, Patrick, the curb grip is very bad here. I'm trying to do a couple of laps in the FExtreme and the curbs upset the car too much. You can't even slightly touch it in a corner - the car will spin very easily. In my view it is broken. Can anything be done about it ?

update:
Ok, did more laps. Manage to not spin for a couple of laps now. The first 2 chicanes are a bit problematic - need to take less curb and go slower than you think you can go, then it is manageable. Still feels like it upsets the traction too much. I'm not sure...
Lesmo 2 and the entry curb into variante ascari are killers, though. Clip those and you're gone.

Last edited:
One more thing :

- DRS doesn't work at Hockenheim (your version).
Says ''drs not available now'' when i engage it in the DRS zone.
- Also at Hockenheim, although not a big deal, the flyby cameras are not in the right order (when pressing end key). The cameras don't always follow the car, but move to other locations on the track.

Last edited:
Maybe they are just a bit too high and that's the reason

You could try to increase your cars ride height if possible. Maybe delete the HAT file for this track and try again.

I think the problem with the curbs is the 3D sawtooth profile. I remember in the past something about using vertical polygons for the drive-able surface with tracks made for, or converted for rF. If I recall the discussion, vertical polys often create strange HAT data (height allocation table) and therefore result in collisions with the tire when none should exist. I have played with this problem for years in rF and when I changed curb height in the past it did not solve the problem.

I did have trouble with the AI cars (F-Ex / F-R) and I needed to be very very careful when generating the AI lines to keep them from taking too much curb.

The various TDF grip and bump values are taken from Reiza's tracks.

Edit... you will notice on occasion when the AI run over the exit curbs in a few spots that when on the curb the tire will seem to fall into the curb like there is a hole or something. Also the player car for the most part can drive on the saw tooth curbs no problem... but the AI physics cannot do the same.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back