Stock Car Brazil 1999 - Nascar Liveries

Skins Stock Car Brazil 1999 - Nascar Liveries 3.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I vote for the Opala 1986 for the next skin pack, but possibly with 70's and no later than early 80's skins, to serve as a contrast to the '99 set. I like the 4-speed tranny in the 86, which feels more appropriate to NASCAR. The current, historical M1 livery and AI set is pretty much definitive, IMHO. If you want to make a third set, please consider a Craftsman set for the Montana.
I've put a picture together with 1986 Nascar liveries that would make the whole Opala 86 pack, as the limit is 20 cars / liveries. Craftman set for the Copa Montana is also on my radar at some point !

Once i start making the Opala 86 pack i will post pictures and also ask for suggestions to specific cars. If i am fast enough i might start the pack tomorrow already with the Bill Elliot Coors livery.

Attachments

• Livery Roadmap – kópia.jpg
    Livery Roadmap – kópia.jpg
    551.2 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
TomLehockySVK updated Stock Car Brasil 1999 - Nascar Liveries with a new update entry:

Improving and exchanging

Hello everyone. As i improved in making liveries, I plan to re-visit and improve the Stock Car Brazil 1999 Nascar liveries and with that i want add Sterling Marlin 2001 Coors Light and Tony Stewart 2002 HOME DEPOT liveries.

But for that i have to remove two cars / make them an optional install. Which two liveries do you think i should remove / make optional ?
View attachment 647170

The process of improving this livery pack will start once i finish the "Copa Uno - Nascar...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello, all the liveries are beautiful but to "improve", you could either keep the liveries of the same period (year 1990-2000 for example), or avoid duplicate car numbers.
A suggestion, I don't know if it's possible. I'm annoyed that there are only 20 cars in this class. Is it possible, with an AI file, to mix Omega 99 and Opala 86 for example and make them competitive? This would allow to have a field of 30 cars for example...

Hello, all the liveries are beautiful but to "improve", you could either keep the liveries of the same period (year 1990-2000 for example), or avoid duplicate car numbers.
A suggestion, I don't know if it's possible. I'm annoyed that there are only 20 cars in this class. Is it possible, with an AI file, to mix Omega 99 and Opala 86 for example and make them competitive? This would allow to have a field of 30 cars for example...
Thank you, glad you like them ! I see low-resolution elements and certain things i can make look cleaner, sharper. That will be the stuff i will be mainly fixing.

I am also annoyed that there are only 20 livery slots, thus only 20 drivers. But besides Marlin and Stewart i don't plan on making other liveries for the sake of non-duplicates. For me it is more about the specific drivers rather than what number there is on the car.

Mixing multiple cars is possible only for a multiclass event, and the Opala 1986 is off pace in comparison to the Stock Car 1999. But i made NR liveries for two other classes that have a lot of driver slots - Brazil Stock Cars 2021 (34) and SuperV8 (30)

TomLehockySVK updated Stock Car Brasil 1999 - Nascar Liveries with a new update entry:

Progress update: Improving and exchanging

Hello everyone.
As i mentioned a few days ago that once i finish the "Copa Uno - Nascar liveries pack" (ver. 1.0 is out as of now) i will start working fixing and improving the 1999 Stock Car pack.

New liveries will include:
- Sterling Marlin 2001 Coors Light (in place for J.D. McDuffy)
- Kyle Petty 1998 Hot Wheels (in place for Cole Trickle)
- Tony Stewart 2002 Home Depot (in place for Ned Jarrett)

On the attached image you can see how the new liveries will look, and also how i am...

2.0 overhaul !

I present you the new and updated Nascar liveries for the Brazil Stock Cars 1999 !

With many months of experience making new liveries, i looked back at my earlier projects and was no longer happy with some of the obvious lack of detail in certain aspects (those damn door handles), or how the contingency sponsors were way too smal compared to the real cars - all that has now been fixed, while also making low-resolution areas much sharper.

Long before this update i started gathering...

No more duplicates ! Jimmie Johnson added

Some people told me they are not interested in a livery pack that has duplicate numbers. And as there were only 2 cars out of 20 that had the same number i decided to improve the pack.

- Jimmie Johnson 2006 Lowe's has been added, replacing Bobby Allison who had the number 22 just as Ward Burton. Now all liveries have a unique number.
View attachment 650690

Future plans with 20 more liveries

Since mod support is already making it possible to expand the livery limit, i started working on 20 more liveries so it would be possible to have a full pack of 40 unique cars.

Here is a work-in-progress of the first driver - Bobby Labonte in the 1996 Interstate Batteries Chevrolet.
20230519195206_1.jpg

Below is a picture mashup of all 20 that were done so far, plus 10 that i have already selected to be...

6 out of 20 cars finished so far

- Ernie Irvan 1991 Kodiak
- Matt Kenseth 1999 DeWALT
- Bobby Labonte - Interstate Batteries
- Jimmy Spencer 1999 Winston NO BULL
- J.D. McDuffie 1991 McDuffie Racing
- Dale Jarett 2001 UPS
View attachment 667707
Reminder: The 2.nd pack will be used for the extra 20 liveries when which will be enabled through mods. I am also making sure that these liveries will all have a unique number, so that all 40 cars will be their own driver - no duplicates!

12 out of 20 new cars finished so far

- Ernie Irvan 1991 Kodak
- Ryan Newman 2003 ALLTEL
- Matt Kenseth 1999 DeWALT
- Bobby Labonte Interstate Batteries
- Jimmy Spencer 1999 Winston NO BULL
- Brett Bodine 1992 Quaker State
- Neil Bonnett 1993 GW Mom'N'Pops
- Harry Gant 1981 SKOAL Bandit
- Ricky Craven 1996 KODIAK
- J.D. McDuffie 1991 McDuffie Racing
- Dale Jarett 2001 UPS
- Carl Edwards 2005 Scotts
View attachment 670066
Once finished, the extra 20 liveries will be part of the same downloadable pack and will be...

Maybe a 76 car with the fuel logo? And, I'm still keeping the classic #11.

Union+76.jpg

race-rd-55-jpg.592409
Know what ? Not a bad idea, thou unfrotunately there are no drivers who had the 76 as a sponsor, but i will still make the livery as a "fantasy" extra that will have to be installed separately And since you really like the 11 of Ned Jarrett i will update his livery too and add it to the new updated pack once all liveries are finished.

Here is what i found for the 76 car as inspiration.
76-union-nascar-model-decals.jpg

TomLehockySVK updated Stock Car Brazil 1999 - Nascar Liveries with a new update entry:

16 out of 20 new cars finished

The 4 new cars are:
- Dick Trickle 1990 Phillips 66
- Dave Marcis 1999 REALTREE
- Clint Bowyer 2007 Jack Daniels
- Brian Vickers 2010 Red Bull
View attachment 671124
Just 4 cars left to do and then it will be the big update !

Included will also be at least two extra liveries, one being the UNION 76 car requested by "Redvaliant", and also an updated 1965 Richmond FORD of Ned Jarrett.

The experiments with the 76 car look like this:
View attachment 671125

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play