Status
Not open for further replies.
What can I say?
I loved to watch such a competition today.
I still don't realize how entertaining and also immersive and intense these races have been.
To be honest qualy had to be a little longer.
I saw so many channels on YouTube and twitch streaming this! there where so many people watching and there will come a lot more in the future if we continue to invest in this direction.
Congratulations to all commentators English and Italian (non RD but still of this show), I think you where very natural and I liked it.
The level of drivers has been awesome, only two contacts in three races.
My dream is to see something similar for RDGT soon. I hope RD community will receive another boost from this kind of event.
I will now consider this races as real ones since, if not difficulty, competition is very very high!
See you soon on track!

congratulations Josh your final fight has been thrilling till the end very end!
What aero setting did you use.
wow I'm probably too excited for tomorrow.

Do we really need to see them two all the time.. plus covering up the map :O_o:..we can hear them dont need both.
It's their debut as commentators for this new event and partnership. Blancpain live at Monza, eSports with ACC and RD are there reporting on it! Hopefully this is the start of an awesome relationship between real and virtual motorsport going forwards. Any chance you could curve the negativity....?

I watched the first quali.... what's with all the Lambo's?
And here in lies the problem with forcing everyone to qualify on a single car...
I know it levels the playing field a little but then why didn't they lock the cars down for the event too?
I mean it looks as though they had a single AMG and Jag with the rest of the field as Lambos, looked little odd...

For semi-finals players could pick the cars if I understood the commentary correctly, only two chose outside the box. I suppose inclusion of the one AMG is more Kunos showcasing new stuff, dunno what connection there is between Greco and Kunos but he used to be associated with Ferrari (I think he was in the first netKar Ferrari challenge) and so are they.

I have seen quite a few negative comments on the Twitch chat and on here about the broadcast yesterday, as Alex above has rightly pointed out it was the first attempt and will improve each time. I'm sure they are aware where they can improve, trust me as someone who has streamed online league racers it isn't easy and I found I learnt something new after each stream. It can be a steep learning curve.

When all you see is negative comments it makes you wonder why you bother, you just can't seem to please some. So whilst you might feel your comments are the most important and only your view matters, show a bit more respect to those who have worked hard to put on this show.

Let's not let that take away what was a great day yesterday for Sim Racers, Kunos and RD. Entertaining stuff which I hope will mean a great final today.

Some constructive criticism... why was the camera of the commentators permanently on?

By all means, have it on in the warm up to the race, introducing the drivers ect, but for me the cars are the stars of the event they should take center stage 100%, screen time should be all theirs in the actual race. :)

I have seen quite a few negative comments on the Twitch chat and on here about the broadcast yesterday,
I turned comments off on Twitch but so far as I can see only one vaguely negative one on here Paul and that's a technical rather than a personal. Most are complementary and the vast bulk of people seemed to have enjoyed it.

I quite like seeing the commentators reaction to on track events, real life or virtual. No problem with our volunteers getting some airtime and don't really think it detracted from the racing.

As I said, by all means let em take the limelight pre race, but especially as this is the 1st event in the SRO esports series this year, myself and a lot of people I have discussed this with agree that the race should be just the cars on screen so every detail of the action can be shown and seen.

Criticism, both good and bad (disregarding any personal attacks ofc) all have to be taken on board to push the quality onwards and upwards :)

I turned comments off on Twitch but so far as I can see only one vaguely negative one on here Paul and that's a technical rather than a personal. Most are complementary and the vast bulk of people seemed to have enjoyed it.

True it has been technical rather than personal, admittedly not many negative comments here but it's still hard as someone who has been on the end of them not to take personally. You need to develop a thick skin.

Sure there would have been a debrief after yesterday and likely there will be another after the finals, things can only get better!

12:00 – 14:00: SRO E-Sport Series Round 1 Final – AM/SILVER/PRO live stream

Edit: times got adjusted ,thanks :)

Do these times mean "begins at some point within these two hours?"

I don't want to put unreasonable criticism on here but since we don't know when exactly the race is supposed to start, I refreshed the twitch page for quite some time yesterday and also doing so for almost half an hour again now.
A bit more information about when you actually have to or rather will be able to start watching would be cool :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play