SGP 

Special Event | Merrry Xmas Fun Ride With A Massive Grid Of Friends

This Saturday we're going to celebrate Xmas and the end to a shitty year with COVID-19, lockdowns, tragedy and personal losses. 2021 is almost around the corner and let's end 2020 with a big bang of ... fun.

We will be racing / riding / driving / crusing the little Ligier around the Valencia karting track with 36 online simracing and RaceDepartment friends. No damage, no competition, just a big laughter on Discord with your mates.

Have you got enough of the Xmas diner, are bored, or just want to have a short hour of fun with your mates? Then we are looking for you!

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend to this race. This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!

Event Details
Register your car for this event
  1. If you do not have access to the RD community on Simracing.GP yet please send me a private message including your email address so I can send you a direct invite.
  2. Got access already to the RD community on SGP? Click here and register your car for this racing club event
  3. Please leave a post below when you are joining the race and it's always great to tag a friend so they are aware you are racing.
  4. Don't forget to join us on Discord for the banter

Passionate Volvo V60 T5 driver and gravel cyclist. Besides operating RaceDepartment.com & Simracing.GP I also enjoy posting stuff about cycling on CyclingDepartment.com

RasmusP

6000RPM
Premium
Oct 7, 2016
Hi Bram, I'd like to take part and I can click on the link, see the event and everything but I can't find a button to register :cautious:
I can see though, that I have 2 days left to find the button :D

Reactions: Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld

RaceDepartment Founder
Original poster
Staff
Premium
Dec 26, 2006
Then you are not yet part of the RD community on SGP. Can you drop me a PM with your email address please for a fresh invite?

Reactions: RasmusP

G-Slev

Rubbish Racer & Amateur Motorsport Photographer
Premium
Jun 30, 2017
Incorrect, it has a lot of gears :) Make sure you are running the S1 version and not the base vehicle :)
It actually has a CVT - the same as that Williams FW15 test mule thing. It's not quite as quick as that, but speed is a relative thing.

• Haha
Reactions: HF2000

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Premium
Mar 18, 2016
Okay, it's sad. I have no life apparently but I've done Fonteny with the slowest Ligier. Lap time 25.33:roflmao:. But it gave me the opportunity to see for the first time some beautiful details on this great map of @Fat-Alfie . What a magnificent piece of work :thumbsup: !

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: zwiss and Fat-Alfie

Bram Hengeveld

RaceDepartment Founder
Original poster
Staff
Premium
Dec 26, 2006
I would love that @Fat-Alfie as you know there is a real interest in such long tracks. If we can help you test it on the SGP platform you would make a lot of people happy, me included!

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Premium
Mar 18, 2016
Could I interest you in an early alpha version of my 62.4km Circuito Stradale del Mugello? Same car? :laugh: (it's a 31min lap in the Alfa 33 Stradale)
Well my laptime of Fonteny with the Alfa was 10.15 so it's about 3 times longer. For the Ligier that will be then approximately 1hour 17minutes depending on the height differences (the Ligier looses a lot of speed when climbing) :roflmao: .

But if you're serious about trying your 62,4km long track: I would gladly do that. I love long tracks.

Last edited:

robopirate

25RPM
Premium
Jun 12, 2012
Well my laptime of Fonteny with the Alfa was 10.15 so it's about 3 times longer. For the Ligier that will be then approximately 1hour 17minutes depending on the height differences (the Ligier looses a lot of speed when climbing) :roflmao: .

But if you're serious about trying your 62,4km long track: I would gladly do that. I love long tracks.
Timing will be done with a 2021 calendar probably

Nitro McClean

50RPM
Premium
Mar 10, 2010
This is going to be fun. I first tried the basic version. That's about my level. :) :geek: With some practice I also get to the level of the fast version.