ACC Special Event: British GT 2H of Brands Hatch - Fri 26th July 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Just had the "floating cars of death" error. Was running 3rd at the time :(~
I was having trouble with the internet earlier today but got it all fixed. Now its running slow, though I just heard my wife on the phone/skype....got a feeling her useage has disconnected me:rolleyes:

EDIT: on further investigation, it might be due to another lightning storm, BT Wholesle BB test had my ping at 3650ms and upload at 0.2mbits:confused: Definately going down the non-standard router idea in future.

Last edited:
Congrats @Joakim Stensnæs for the win, well deserved for having kept it on the track for the whole race at that speed :notworthy:

And guys... There were some pretty poor standards tonight, regarding the Golden Rule and respecting Blue Flags. Make sure that from now on you KNOW the Racing Club Rules and APPLY the rules while racing here at RaceDepartment. Some incidents will be reviewed and some sanctions will be applied.

Remember that everyone comes here to have a race and enjoy the game just as much as you, so respect the other drivers on track at all times.

@Paul Glover Just watching the stream back. The lap after you said about westfield being a not-very-good place to pass that ends up in disaster, myself and claro went through side by side. sadly the camera switched to our battle just after that corner :roflmao:

Cheers for a decent race.
First of all, I want to help our dear commentator, for when he inevitably needs to read my name on pole position.
translate.google.com -> English, type "Steensnes" and hit "listen" :rolleyes::cool:.
Right, now that that, cocky, arse comment is sorted.:

Nice race. @LeSunTzu kept me honest for the entirety of the race. Whenever I thought I pulled out a little bit on him, I encountered stuff on track that would cost me several seconds. I'm sure it was the same for him, but it kept the pressure on in an otherwise uneventful race.

This game keeps impressing me, just as much as it's a stinky pile of :poop:. I've not had too many technical issues, but there are def still a lot of oddities and QoL improvements to be made. But basicaly, this is the very first sim I've ever had to take care of my tyres the way I have to here. Especially Brands Hatch is very punishing in this regard. The car will let you abuse it, and you can post really quick times by abusing the curbs and track limits. But on a long run, it can ruin your tyres, cause pressure drops and ultimately punctures.

I didn't mess too much with the pressures before the race, and when the temperature was suddenly a bunch lower than it had been in practice, I got cought out a bit. My right hand side tyres were having a hard time and dropping pretty low. Especially my right rear was really getting screwed by some of the lines I take over the curbs. It was very apparent from lap to lap, if I'd been too aggressive, it'd loose pressure.

For quite some laps I was nursing the right rear with 23 PSI. But then I really hit a big bump and it instantly dropped .5 PSI. And from there on it just dropped a lot. The next lap I was already at 22.0. While I was wondering if I should pit, the tyre just kept dropping in pressure, and I jumped to the pit the following lap, with a pressure of 21.3 on the RR. Not sure how far off I was from a full blown puncture, but I'm pretty sure I was already experiencing a slow one.

For the pitstop I had upped the pressures on all the tyres. Especially the right hand side I went up 1.5PSI cold pressure. For the 2nd stint I had no more issues with very low pressures, although my tyres did still drop off over 2 PSI all around, from start till end of the 2nd stint.

The balance wasn't really one where I felt like I could push a lot. At the end of the day, brands is a confidence track. Any mistake just punishes you SO hard here. A wheel of in the grass at the wrong time, and you're done. So nursing for a lot of the race, but still getting pressured from Jeff. Very interessting race from that point of view. Not sure I'm a fan of the Audi at this track though :p

Cheers everyone for a decent race - thanks for putting it on @Daniel Monteiro , and cheers for the stream @Paul Glover. :coffee:

20190726235120_1.jpg
20190726235120_1.jpg last minutes of Qualify session i swapped Bentley for Aston :rolleyes: becoming last on the grid as not finished Q lap with new car. But still for first race after brake it was lovely, cant wait for next one. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
The race was being pretty good, with good battles with @robt100 and @Nasos Charalampou . Despite issues with backmarkers, I was inching into the front positions.
Checking the performance, switched from going froma fuel only to a fuel + tyres.

When pitting ACC decided to turn on my car every time I turned it off. So, after battling with the pits for over a minute I decided to reset to pits, which was interesting because ACC decided to unbind the pit limiter which worked on Practice and Qualifying.

I really want to like ACC... but it always throws me a curve ball into my dangly parts

I think it was me, were you driving red Ferrari or Porsche? Mate I am so so sorry, wasn't intentional. Was fighting with the car all the time. Joined in with minutes to go, completed only one lap from 15 try's. Qualled for 13th. Unlucky number... If it was you, sorry ! :giggle:
Maybe - Bourke ended my race, Champalampalmpa was the first guy.

Thanks for the race @Daniel Monteiro and for the live stream @Paul Glover (by the way Paul my surname sounds like "toorner" ;) ).

Congrats to Joakim for his well deserved win. The race was rather uneventful on my side, except for a few moments with lapped cars. I guess most of the issues with blue flags is that a few players do not know exactly what to do in that situation. The simplest way to deal with it is to stay on racing line and lift off a little bit in a straight.

Maybe - Bourke ended my race, Champalampalmpa was the first guy.
@Asterix yes it was me that ended your race i was trying to let the 2 frontrunners through and try not lose 15th to you in the same corner which was pretty stupid but i let the guy that was in 16th passed after as i was unsure who i took out i apologies man was my first race here and made some mistakes and after my pit stop it went horribly wrong was running near top 10 which would be good for me but the pit stop wouldnt change my tyres couldnt keep the car on the track under acceleration after that and thats why i affected a few frontrunners tyres went to 0 psi thats why i was driving on the grass for a hole lap sorry to anyone i affected ill make sure to get better for the next one well done to @Daniel Monteiro for doing the race and a great stream from @Paul Glover

The race was being pretty good, with good battles with @robt100 and @Nasos Charalampou . Despite issues with backmarkers, I was inching into the front positions.
Checking the performance, switched from going froma fuel only to a fuel + tyres.

When pitting ACC decided to turn on my car every time I turned it off. So, after battling with the pits for over a minute I decided to reset to pits, which was interesting because ACC decided to unbind the pit limiter which worked on Practice and Qualifying.

I really want to like ACC... but it always throws me a curve ball into my dangly parts

Did wonder what happened, suspected it was a bug. Such a shame, you were having a solid race.

Another thing worth trying, just in case: at least in some cars, the pit-speed limiter will only work if the car is in first gear; engaging second gear will disengage the pit-speed limiter.

Also, check in your MFD if you have something like automatic engine start, or anti-stall - could maybe be a bug, don't know.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back