rF2 SPECIAL EVENT: 90 Minutes of Paul Ricard - Fri 31Aug18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I'm more than happy to change the track configuration if people are happy for me to do so. :rolleyes:
You've got my vote for a looooong straight! :D
(So many layouts fro this track, it is easily confusing...)
Paul-Ricard1A-V2-10.ef687c3b39d9224bbfbb380fdfd49704.png

Well I'm hoping I fix some issues that I've been having with this simulator. Drastic frame drops, which returns randomly. Force Feedback dropping off completely and does not return until sim restart.
Anyway put me in GTE plz.:thumbsup::)
And I'll see if I can complete a race without any shenanigans.

Well I'm hoping I fix some issues that I've been having with this simulator. Drastic frame drops, which returns randomly. Force Feedback dropping off completely and does not return until sim restart.
Are you running in VR Calyvn one thing I've noticed don't know if is purley VR related but if I lose conection to the server then rejoin without first shutting down and restarting the RF2 launcher I get serious framerate issues.
Also do you have FFB reset button mapped in Control/Device settings.

@Calvyn White One thing that solved most of my original issues I had with rF2 a few months back (intermittent stutters, lags and slowdowns) was to start it with high priority. Just put +highprio into the launch options fields for both single player and multiplayer (and don't forget to click save for both):

i-BVZhfzG.png

This worked wonders for me - I basically couldn't even race in rF2 without it, it was always stuttering and lagging. Not sure why rF2 is pretty much the only game I ever had to run with high priority, but that's rF2 for you I guess.

If it doesn't do anything for you, then obviously just remove it again (and again don't forget to save the empty field, which is kinda counterintuitive).

Also, in regards to slowdowns and FFB dropping out, you might try another possible tweak - in your controller.json file (in your rF2 folder under "\User Data\player\), there should be a "Use thread" line, set to either true or false (might vary on different setups). You might want to try to invert the setting - so set to "false" if it was "true" or to "true" if it was "false". This option sets whether or not the FFB calculations run in their own thread or not - some setups can have FFB and performance related issues if they do use their own thread, some if they don't, so it's worth testing. If it doesn't work for you, then just change it back to how it was, of course.

I've added you both to the Reserve list and noted you would both prefer the GTE :thumbsup:, I think there may be another 2 spots ;)
There are indeed two more spots on the grid (which is actually limited to 38 cars by the number of garage spaces), but I had not indicated these on the list - my apologies. So @Martin Fiala and @Calvyn White can be moved up the list; I shall do this now. Martin, I have added you to the GTE class for now, but just let me know if you would like to switch to the LMP2 class. :)

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 180 87.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 34 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 28 13.6%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 29 14.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 58 28.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 72 35.0%