South African Touring Car Championship 2009 (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well so much for SATCC .I seemed to be the guinea pig in both races .......but then again that's racing i suppose.

Race 1 was up to about 4 when i got tagged by Craig..... sure it was not on purpose.Car too badly damaged my pit said

Race2 got away in 11th and made up 2 or 3 place going into T1 only to arrive in the midst of a massive pileup.For some reason my car was also wrecked.Then whilst on my way again Zee tagged me and i hit the wall .......tooooooooooooo much damage.

Thanks anyway for the 3 laps in all that i had the privelage of taking part in.

Rob McColl

Apologies to Rob and the rest of you guys. This track just hates me.

Race 1: I did not expect you to brake there Rob. So it caught me totally by surprise. I waited but unfortunately it didn't help because your car was broken.
But it was totally my fault.

Race 2: Coming towards the right handed first sweep it sounded like Zee was next to me. I noticed that he was catching me quickly in the straight. So i braked to let him through and to give me a clean line. Unfortunatly i think he had pulled in behind me (to keep it safe). So when i touched the brakes all hell broke loose.

So 2 races, and twice i ruined it for alot of guys.
Sorry once again.

Congrats to Mark Guy for taking the Championship :)

well that was madness.

nothing to say for race1 lol, boring.

race2 WTF?? had a monster start (bmw yay) and was behind craig going into that flat out sweep (i never was close to pulling alongside). something about single file or whatever. craig, you slammed the brakes like you were at the hairpin :/ NO CHANCE. massive pile up. watched in horror (i hate to admit laughter) as cars were freakn airborne and sht, was awesome. stopped and then drove into an upside down seat to check i wasnt dreaming. car was quite wrecked after that, but continued on. the lag was supremely HORRIFIC and i couldnt fight safely with any car. just sorta cruised up behind and could do nothing. sorry to anyone that i tagged, i seriously could not see anything. cars all over the place. so i dont know how i ended up in 2nd place.....hectic.

wd mark, and thanks to all for quite a different championship :p

I had a good day at the races today.
Qualy P9 as I drove my splitter off on my outlap...LOL
Race 1 managed to miss all the carnage and keep all the bits on eventually finishing in P2.

Race 2 again managed to miss the carnage and get in to P2. Had a nice tow from MVN on lap 2 and got passed at the square T1. Once again kept all the bits on and finished P1.

I enjoy racing with you guys and am looking forward too next season.
Thanks craig and RD and thanks to all of you for competing.
:)

Bit frustrating both races. Was really looking forward to Macau. Used car default and it was redlining from about t1 until the braking zone into t2. Suppose i should have spotted somewhere in the past 4-5 races that there is also a track default too.

Was running 2nd with Terry catching fast - decided to let him through on the mountain part as i was still very much unsure about braking points there and did not want to cause a faster driver going off trying to avoid me braking in accelleration zones. Ran close to the wall as it was narrow and then clipped part of the barrier that was not quite flush with the rest. Suspension damage and the car understeered horribly from there. Could just sit and watch guys catching on the long straight as i just could not get any exit speed out of the last two righthanders.

Thankfully the laps ran out before everyone still running picked their way past me.

Rcae 2 - pfffft, had a horrible start, watched 2 cars appear to go though the wall in t1 - thought it was just lag and then slammed into the back/side or something that appeard to have been made of metal. Just when i popped the champagne when realising i was leading the pit boss told me suspension damage - again. Understeer - again.

Last lap - was still running in 3rd or something and got whacked on the mountain on a place designed for just one car. Engine got killed dead and that was that. No more racey.

Thanks Craig for setting up this opportunity to try and race Race. Congrats Mark on the championship.

:tits:
:croc:

race 1, picked my way through wreckage and carried on to a solid finish.

race 2, found myself trying to duck between 2 airborne cars, but didn't qite make it - ended up airborne myself but somehow stayed facing forwardish, made a 9.5 on the landing and carried on without any noticeable damage. nearly missed the next corner cause i was laughing so much. had a good time following ken around - very impressed with how you handled the pressure, good stuff. later on enjoyed following my teamie through the twisty bits on his bumper. then things were ended.

if you're getting supremely HORRIFIC lag then you probably shouldn't try and mix it with other cars in areas of the track that barely fit 1 car.

if you're getting supremely HORRIFIC lag then you probably shouldn't try and mix it with other cars in areas of the track that barely fit 1 car.

tbh i had no idea where i was mixing it. sometimes your car was in front, in a wall, next to me, and a couple of occasions your car just stopped and i went through you. i wasnt even trying to pass since it was impossible, but when i did (looks like you ran wide into the wall on the lefty before the hairpin) we werent at that narrow section of the track yet. apologies if you feel hard done by.

woah. watched the replay now to see what i had caused :( sorry to mvn and colin, i didnt even know that happened. mvn, i was behind you and again didnt even bother trying to make a pass since it was too hard to judge where you were. through the corner you lagged wide off the track, then appeared next to me. there was more than enough space on the right hand side, and it looked fine because i had no touch on my car of any kind. sincere apologies, i didnt realise it would cause that much mayhem, will quit next time! sorry...

the problem with macau is that even a little lag tends to fuse cars with walls in timespace and this confuses the game causing very oddly behaving cars. its a pity but its probably best to avoid macua in future.

no worries z, i was a bit grrrrr at the time but i know you don't normally have a battering ram attached to your car - didn't realise the lag was that bad or i would have let you through on straight. funny thing is we probably only live a few km's from each other but probably have a comms path of 10000's of km's.

well you're 100% correct. i wouldve been grrr too if that happened to me and didnt know of any problem. the only car i felt contact with throughout that race was with craig at the beginning. i was stupid to keep racing like that, but i did treat this as some fun race selfishly without realising it was causing that many issues with other cars. sorry!

Any chance the races might be moved to Wednesdays? Reason why i ask is that the Monday races at SARL will always be my first priority and after spending 4 hours online there on a Monday evening the best I can offer for Tuesday is pitch up and drive. Any practice time put in on the weekend will go 100% to Mondays race. I must admit that so far the Tuesday races i had to motivate myself to come and race - not something one really wants to do with a hobby.

Further there might also be SARL guys here who prefer racing Race as opposed to rfactor and then maybe the best they can do on Mondays are pitch up and drive too.

End result may be that somewhere during the 2 leagues guys may end up racing just one of the two offerings. And both leagues end up suffering to draw good fields?

Speaking for myself if races are moved to Wednesdays at least I'd be more hungry or committed to allow Steam to possess my pc for the evening.

Just something to consider if possible - what do the other guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes