South African Touring Car Championship 2009 (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hehe, no worries Marius - not much you could have done to avoid the accident anyway. I got a bit distracted when I saw Ivor's yellow Seat flying past on the inside. Reached for the screen shot button thinking this might look cool (before and after shots)

Caught a bit of sand trap trying to steer with no hands. Left hand pressing random buttons like mad - the right holding my forehead - I guess most guys got distracted too :jaw:

Major carnage - lol i think i ended up being hit by just about everyone :fwd2:

nah no worries. car was pretty banged up and the pit boss suggested i should maybe pit for a beer or 2 while they order new suspension parts and mix some paint. Turned the pit radio off and crabbed it the rest of the way.

Race 1 - i think it went ok. Not sure where I ended up eventually, but was higher than expected. But i was kinda slow for the last 15 laps though.

That was some good fun again.
Race 1:
Started a very surprising 2nd. As per usual Zee and his BMW just flew past me on the start. So i lost a place before i even got going :(
The race was enjoyable and i had MVN keeping me honest through most of it. Thanks to guys getting S/G's and things i was able to end up with a decent 2nd place.

Race 2 i started 2nd last this time with the reverse grid. I was extremely lucky to make i through the first lap chaos, exiting it in 3rd overall. From then on its was just trying to push and keeps the gaps as standard as possible. Zee got a S/G which put me into 2nd place. But alas the BMW caught up to me on the second last lap.
Finished 3rd.

Alot of good fun racing. I dont know about you guys but i had zero lag tonight :)

Thanks and see you guys next week

yeh the netcode is crap in this game. that car shaking is too weird, ended up going off the one time trying to almost avoid a car coz i wasnt sure what was going on

ANYWAY....i left myself with a little too much to do. i last loaded the game at magny cours, and ended up coming to qual with zero laps done. stole a setup off the RD setup forum, which i realised was a quali set after a few laps into the race (my start from p6 to p1 was uberfunny)...some kerbs became deadly when i used to ride them before..so of course i lost the lead trying to learn stuff. i think i got 2 or 3 stop/go penalties that race...so trying to figure out the cutting stuff too.

next race was ok, after modding the set a bit in those few seconds. had rob behind me who was going at a good pace, so i couldnt try experiment more on the limit. this began to seriously annoy me lol, and eventually after pussyfooting a bit trying not to cut, i ended up getting a stop/go for cuts i didnt know existed....after that i knew the track decent enough to push comfortably, but of course it was a bit late by then :p

i should pitch up with no praccy more often :/ although highly unprofessional heh, it certainly gave my mind more to think about

The racing was fun.
Qualified P1 with a new PB.
Race 1 Zee got a great start and I followed him for a few laps untill he spun. Th e rest of the race was very lonely. Finished P1.

Race 2 made up one position on the start, but was involved in L1 incident, LOL it looked quite funny actually. Car was damaged and but carried on and eventually got P5.
Thanks Craig and all you guys and see you next week. Lag, I also had none.
:)

• Brad du Plessis

Sorry I bailed okes, had a 15 second lock up again and was then well last with no hope of catching anyone so I decided to call it a night.

Was fun last night, tho lonely in race 1 in fourth for most of the race.
Hey MarcVN, did you get the screenshot!? I could not believe i flew off there, cos I had used that overtaking line a few times before and always made it. Prolly just cold brakes and tyres is all I can think. Sorry if my off distracted some of you guys.
Looking forward to the next one.

• Brad du Plessis

Was getting a bit frustrated with the lock-ups. Couldn't go more than about 8 minutes without the thing freezing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 223 88.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 45 17.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 35 13.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 37 14.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 69 27.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 86 34.0%