Sonoma Raceway

Gelly916

Premium
With the sheer amount of mods available for Assetto Corsa, it absolutely blows my mind that I cannot find a quality mod of Sonoma Raceway. I feel the same about Lime Rock and Long Beach but let's keep this post about Sonoma. I am very tempted to start studying up on the how-to's of track modding for AC, in hopes of creating Sonoma myself. I live about an hour away from the circuit so it would be easy to go there, take pictures, collect data, and even drive the track for myself. My only concern is if an already experienced modder is already working on bringing Sonoma to us and my potential efforts will be in vain.

I've watched a couple YouTube videos on track building and it certainly doesn't look easy. But I believe this to be a very valuable lesson if I can teach myself how to do it. Any advice from you folks is greatly appreciated, especially software/apps/plug-in advice.

I don't know if it's just my config but the track has much more CPU consumption as the Kunos ones do. I end up having -40% fps as i normally have.

Great track anyway, really like the various layouts!

While the track isn't the best when it comes to optimization, it's still the best version of Sonoma for AC currently. (At least I haven't found anything better)

Maybe someone down the road will make a better version. Sonoma is what I would call my "home track" so I'm enjoying it considering it's all we've got to work with.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.