Sonoma Raceway

Gelly916

Premium
With the sheer amount of mods available for Assetto Corsa, it absolutely blows my mind that I cannot find a quality mod of Sonoma Raceway. I feel the same about Lime Rock and Long Beach but let's keep this post about Sonoma. I am very tempted to start studying up on the how-to's of track modding for AC, in hopes of creating Sonoma myself. I live about an hour away from the circuit so it would be easy to go there, take pictures, collect data, and even drive the track for myself. My only concern is if an already experienced modder is already working on bringing Sonoma to us and my potential efforts will be in vain.

I've watched a couple YouTube videos on track building and it certainly doesn't look easy. But I believe this to be a very valuable lesson if I can teach myself how to do it. Any advice from you folks is greatly appreciated, especially software/apps/plug-in advice.

Hey Guys

I can surely tell you a updated sonoma with all layouts is coming within the week.

Its also going to be a nice fresh (green) look at this track unlike the usual burnt orange (doesnt always look like this) we have seen before

Thanks guys for the quick responses. I'm now eagerly waiting for the release of that new Sonoma mod. I still am interested though in learning the ways of track building!
just get stuck in...2 years ago i had never touched a track or game engine (only a little 3D modelling) Since then my career has changed because of going for it

Hey Guys

I can surely tell you a updated sonoma with all layouts is coming within the week.

Its also going to be a nice fresh (green) look at this track unlike the usual burnt orange (doesnt always look like this) we have seen before

Are you my long lost twin?
Can't wait to see this. Hopefully some brave soul will do a lush green winter version of Laguna Seca too.

DEATH TO BEIGE TRACKS! LONG LIVE SHRUBBERY!

:p

Hey Guys

Looking forward to seeing your work Jim Lloyd! Will the download for the track be on racedepartment? I'm hoping that it will be and that SRS will use it in their track rotation.

Up in the usual place

Needs a bit more work but its ok for now

20180608205412_1.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play