Sonoma Raceway

Gelly916

Premium
With the sheer amount of mods available for Assetto Corsa, it absolutely blows my mind that I cannot find a quality mod of Sonoma Raceway. I feel the same about Lime Rock and Long Beach but let's keep this post about Sonoma. I am very tempted to start studying up on the how-to's of track modding for AC, in hopes of creating Sonoma myself. I live about an hour away from the circuit so it would be easy to go there, take pictures, collect data, and even drive the track for myself. My only concern is if an already experienced modder is already working on bringing Sonoma to us and my potential efforts will be in vain.

I've watched a couple YouTube videos on track building and it certainly doesn't look easy. But I believe this to be a very valuable lesson if I can teach myself how to do it. Any advice from you folks is greatly appreciated, especially software/apps/plug-in advice.

Not bothering with anything to do with night until it is further along. Got too many other things to worry about right now. And IMO looks odd having the "lights" on during the day. I believe in the end that won't be needed.

OK. I too had very much the same opinion as you......up until about a week ago..in fact i was quite bored with the whole idea of blancpaaaain acc blaah blahh and just why bother no body gives a **** anyway. its all for free whatever...just why bother mwhhh.....anyhow that lighting mod sparked something in me again.....dunno what else to say. i like the idea of people who wanna crack something open just to see what else it can do...it appealed to me on a deeper level

Night just never excited me much. Was it neat the first time I ran RIR in rF2 at night? Sure but I'm not going to go crazy with it in AC until it matures a bit. I spoke with x4fab and he hopes he can control track lights with "skins" so the models won't need to be changed. So I am going to wait to see if he can sort that out.

Jim, do those black hot air balloons of yours symbolise deep-seated angst and murderous thoughts? Balloons should be bright and colourful and jolly, symbols of hope, and freedom - not hovering harbingers of impending doom..!
:p

Gotta say, I love the lush green environment in your mod Jim. Fantastic update.
I made the mistake of just letting CM update the track at first which leads to odd cone placement and retained the original dustbowl environment. A quick delete of the entire folder and clean installation sorted that out though. All green, all good now.

Thinking about it, is there any way to retain the original 'scorched earth' version as well, instead of it being overwritten? I kept a backup of the old folder. I'm not sure what needs changing so CM sees it as a separate track.

Gotta say, I love the lush green environment in your mod Jim. Fantastic update.
I made the mistake of just letting CM update the track at first which leads to odd cone placement and retained the original dustbowl environment. A quick delete of the entire folder and clean installation sorted that out though. All green, all good now.

Thinking about it, is there any way to retain the original 'scorched earth' version as well, instead of it being overwritten? I kept a backup of the old folder. I'm not sure what needs changing so CM sees it as a separate track.
I may just do 2 versions for the next update. So yes good idea

Great news, looking forward to future updates! The flickering lights might just be on my end, only reason I asked.
This. Is. Awesome.
UbcuuoK.png

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 223 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%