Some Skins have no preview InGame .. why?

Hi there.
I have the Problem that some Skins of some Cars have no preview when im in Assetto Corsa.
I've cleared the Cache allready and Update all the previews with Content Manager.
But this doenst help to fix the Problem.
Curious is that some Skinpreviews of the same Car are working fine and other of the same Car not.
Can there be something wrong in the ui file or something else? Skin Name too long?
Its only the Preview .... on Track the Skin load and is visible on the Car.
Hope someone can help to fix this.

I'm not sure but I think there's a problem in this case only for Diablo, Dodge and McLaren ? .... is it so ?

I have not this mod installed so I cannot check.
All I know is that mostly for AC preview.jpg is 1022 large .... while for those 3 cars mentioned above they are 1075 ones !

Check if I'm right about the cars not showing in preview and in this case try to resize the 1075*??? jpg to 1022 ones and look if it should not solve your problem.
And also basically the while pack all those cars you kentioned plus the gtr, supra and nsx
730E9F75-96C4-425C-B23C-04B908A7790C.jpeg

In order to know more about this problem ...

In Content Manager ... go to Content and choose the tab "Cars".
Find those cars in the list and click on them..... in case of this triangle for a car, you'll see in the right part of the screen written in red the reason(s) for this mention.

There's another reason .... if the skin folder name has a blank somewhere .... the preview will not show.

Comparing in game for some cars skins .... all with a blank in the skin folder name don't show while other ones do.

The skin folder name needs a "_" between words or numbers.

If not, even the skin name is not mentioned when passing the mouse on the liveries when choosing the skin in game ...... but only the skin folder name with the blank in it.
Just add this "_" in the name and everything shows correctly.
Brilliant! That is the true reason! Thank you for solving this problem which has confused me for a long time.

Hello. I was also wondering about the missing previews in the original AC launcher/game menu. Then I found this and it was very helpful. However I noticed it's not just '#' or spaces in the skin folders name that will prevent the previews from loading.

Seems like any non normal character or symbol in the folder names leading to the preview file will cause the problem (aside the underline). Ones I confirmed in addition to space and # to cause the problem were '&' and '.' (dot/period). Also the problem doesn't have to be in the name of the skin folder, it can also be in the name of the folder for the whole car.

This is important 'cause I don't really like content manager as a launcher bacause you can't really customize realism settings (assits, tyre wear etc). Also I feel like the UI in the content manager is not as inuitive and sleek for the same purposes as the original launcher/game menu.

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 46 86.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 18 34.0%