Some Skins have no preview InGame .. why?

Hi there.
I have the Problem that some Skins of some Cars have no preview when im in Assetto Corsa.
I've cleared the Cache allready and Update all the previews with Content Manager.
But this doenst help to fix the Problem.
Curious is that some Skinpreviews of the same Car are working fine and other of the same Car not.
Can there be something wrong in the ui file or something else? Skin Name too long?
Its only the Preview .... on Track the Skin load and is visible on the Car.
Hope someone can help to fix this.

I had this issue with this one I released last week and a few people commented on preview/showroom problems

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/imsa-weathertech-ferrari-488-gt3-63-2018.22744/

I eventually sussed that it was something to do with Content Manager/AC Launcher
CM allowed me to place a '#' character in the skin folder name however AC won't recognise it.
Drove me mad sussing it.

Also check preview .jpg size, should be 1022x575

I had this issue with this one I released last week and a few people commented on preview/showroom problems

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/imsa-weathertech-ferrari-488-gt3-63-2018.22744/

I eventually sussed that it was something to do with Content Manager/AC Launcher
CM allowed me to place a '#' character in the skin folder name however AC won't recognise it.
Drove me mad sussing it.

Also check preview .jpg size, should be 1022x575

U mean the "#" is the issue?
I'll check this later at Home.
I'll also check the size.

thx a lot....hope it will fix it.

There's another reason .... if the skin folder name has a blank somewhere .... the preview will not show.

Comparing in game for some cars skins .... all with a blank in the skin folder name don't show while other ones do.

The skin folder name needs a "_" between words or numbers.

If not, even the skin name is not mentioned when passing the mouse on the liveries when choosing the skin in game ...... but only the skin folder name with the blank in it.
Just add this "_" in the name and everything shows correctly.

Last edited:
There's another reason .... if the skin folder name has a blank somewhere .... the preview will not show.

Comparing in game for some cars skins .... all with a blank in the skin folder name don't show while other ones do.

The skin folder name needs a "_" between words or numbers.

OK, i'll check this too.
Can i change it without editing the skin.ini or the ui_skin.json files?
Thx a lot!!!

You're welcome ;)

I added a EDIT in my previous message ... as not only the preview doesn't work but the skin name isn't correct either.

NB: of course true with the AC Launcher .... but no problem with Content Manager, surely a question of chosen code.

Last edited:
Yo.. wassup Nige.. finally got to taking a look at this sim racing malarky (CB from Cranny, we used to ride together now n then, i had the mt-01)

IM looking for a skin pack for the aussie v8's i downloaded from here, youd think it would be simple.. but no..

Damn dude small world..lol

Do a search for V8SCORSA or shoot me a DM

I'm not sure but I think there's a problem in this case only for Diablo, Dodge and McLaren ? .... is it so ?

I have not this mod installed so I cannot check.
All I know is that mostly for AC preview.jpg is 1022 large .... while for those 3 cars mentioned above they are 1075 ones !

Check if I'm right about the cars not showing in preview and in this case try to resize the 1075*??? jpg to 1022 ones and look if it should not solve your problem.

I'm not sure but I think there's a problem in this case only for Diablo, Dodge and McLaren ? .... is it so ?

I have not this mod installed so I cannot check.
All I know is that mostly for AC preview.jpg is 1022 large .... while for those 3 cars mentioned above they are 1075 ones !

Check if I'm right about the cars not showing in preview and in this case try to resize the 1075*??? jpg to 1022 ones and look if it should not solve your problem.
Where should i resize this? Sorry rookie modder here

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 399 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 251 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 268 46.7%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 120 20.9%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 159 27.7%
Back