Some New Alfa Content Coming to Assetto Corsa?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale .jpg

Marco Massarutto of Kunos Simulazioni has posted a very interesting picture on Facebook, prompting speculation that new Alfa Romeo content could be heading to Assetto Corsa soon...

The mystery post from Massarutto highlights one of the more ambitious and rare historic cars of Alfa Romeo's rich heritage, the visually (and audibly) stunning Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale.

Posted as part of his personal Facebook account, Massarutto confirms the brilliant little 33 Stradale will be "coming soon to Assetto Corsa", prompting some speculation as to if the car will be released as a standalone vehicle or part of a wider Alfa Romeo DLC package further down the line.

Assetto Corsa Alfa Romeo.jpg

Produced between 1967 and 1969, Alfa manufactured just 18 examples of this high performance mid engine sports car and represents Alfa's intention to build a racing car for the road. Based on the foundations laid down by the Autodelta Alfa Romeo Tipo 33, the car immediately achieved near legendary status amongst motorcar enthusiasts.

Despite having been built during the early days of performance road car manufacture in the late 1960's, the 33 Stradale was still capable of achieving an incredible 0-60 mph in under 5.5 seconds and retailed from new for $17,000 - now thought to be in excess of $10,000,000 for a clean example of the vehicle.

Technical Specifications

Engine:
90° V8 DOHC
Displacement: 1,995 cc (121.7 cu in)
Power :230 bhp (170 kW) at 8,800 rpm
Torque: 200 N·m (150 lb·ft) at 7,000 rpm
Top speed: 260 km/h (160 mph)
0–97 km/h (0-60 mph): 5.5 seconds

Massarutto nor the Assetto Corsa team themselves have confirmed any release dates or pricing structure for the new DLC as of yet, however stay tuned to RaceDepartment to find out more as and when it becomes available.

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the Assetto Corsa RaceDepartment sub forum for all the latest news and discussions regarding Kunos premium racing simulation. Also don't forget to check out our substantial modding forum for downloads, modding discussions, add on cars and tracks as well as many useful additions to the Italian sim.

RaceDepartment hold regular racing events for a wide variety of skills, head on over to the RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa Racing Club to check out the many events we have available to join today!

Looking forward to more Alfa Romeo content in AC? Which cars would you like to see included if indeed a pack should be released? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I think AC is great on content, laser scanned tracks and great car brands but I feel it lacks some basics functions like a better penalty system, no auto speed limiter on pitlane, etc etc
AMS is a good example,even if still based on ISI phisycs engine (which isn't the subject of this post) you have the opportunity to simulate a proper race weekend, with rules and little details which have great impact during race...like false start, drive troughs, etc

Threads like this crack me up :O_o:

Something is announced that's due to be released, and all the people who aren't interested suddenly feel the need to tell everyone how much they don't like it :rolleyes:

I'm going to go shopping tomorrow, walk into the first clothing shop I come to and complain that they sell skinny jeans, as I do not like skinny jeans so how dare they sell them :whistling:

Great that each sim has its own island where it shines. What will happen when sims will get more and more complete !? Can't wait for that lol

Meanwhile I see no reason to complain, but wishing for more and better is understandable.

BTW can't wait for this Alpha (love)

I think AC is great on content, laser scanned tracks and great car brands but I feel it lacks some basics functions like a better penalty system, no auto speed limiter on pitlane, etc etc
AMS is a good example,even if still based on ISI phisycs engine (which isn't the subject of this post) you have the opportunity to simulate a proper race weekend, with rules and little details which have great impact during race...like false start, drive troughs, etc

Doesn't AC have false starts and drive-through penalties already? :O_o:

Following a news announcement it is to expected that some SIM driver who are not so interested in AC any more, for any reason, will comment negatively about the subject of the news if it is no talking about something that would intice them to drive in AC again.
I frequently do the same about other SIM or game following a new announcement even dough I would not under other circumstances just visit the thread to complain. Lacking VR is one of my favorite subject.
Being very happy with AC, drove over 3000 hours and still driving daily, with access to more cars and track that I can humanly have the time to use, thank you modding community, I have no clue what most of the comments in this thread are about, but I respect those who prefer something different, "Vive la difference".

Following a news announcement it is to expected that some SIM driver who are not so interested in AC any more, for any reason, will comment negatively about the subject of the news if it is no talking about something that would intice them to drive in AC again.
I frequently do the same about other SIM or game following a new announcement even dough I would not under other circumstances just visit the thread to complain. Lacking VR is one of my favorite subject.
Being very happy with AC, drove over 3000 hours and still driving daily, with access to more cars and track that I can humanly have the time to use, thank you modding community, I have no clue what most of the comments in this thread are about, but I respect those who prefer something different, "Vive la difference".

If we weren't interested we wouldnt be here posting
All these dlcs about old cars make the game feel more like a museum exhibition than a racing simulator.

Really? I miss them...long time i don't play it...
Btw, those are just examples, if you play other sim like AMS you can understand my point of view :D even if you disagree :p
On side note, I am not against AC, I bought all the dlc and I will buy the Alfa one too (Alfa lover) but I have just a relationship of hate and love with it...

If we weren't interested we wouldnt be here posting
All these dlcs about old cars make the game feel more like a museum exhibition than a racing simulator.

To you maybe and a few other, but to me and a usually over 3000 daily player it feels like the living and breathing racing simulator it is.
Yesterday we were having a ball racing Ferrari 512 vs Lamborghini Diablo, what I will drive today and where is only limited by my imagination.

Last edited:
AC is the best marketed one by a significant margin compared to rF2 (dead game for many years and rightly so) and AMS (unfortunate marketing for an excellent game). PC1's players are mostly waiting for PC2 as well.
Not sure what you mean by 'best marketed'. If you mean they spent lots of money on marketing I don't think so. In any case the data I showed are about how many people actually PLAY the game, and you don't obtain that with marketing.

Just out of curiosity, looking at the upcoming Ferrari DLC. From the 7 cars in there, 3 (three!) are F1 cars. (big surprise) Apart from that the oldest car is the 1962 GTO. The second world war had been over for 17 years at that moment. As far as I can see there is no prototypes and also I really don't get the reference to "Mad Max movies". Was gonna post some pics to clear things up but I reckon we all know what the vehicles in Mad Max movies look like...

errrrmmmm last time i checked naming the pit lane geometry 1pits (or whatever) and then adding that value to the surfaces ini. causes me to get sloweded right down in the pits, is this a really a feature that needs adding

we need a face plant emoji now

edit - PS i'm super excited for this alfa. i may be old but for me driving these cars is were its at with AC and any other simulator for that matter. its seems to me that these type of cars communicate better than the modern LMP formula types especially with our limited (toy like ) hardware

Last edited:
Oh. Dear. God.

The Alfa 33 Stradale is, by far, my favorite car ever made. Period.

It was also one of the few cars that is so inherently great, it even managed to drive well in the otherwise-execrable Forza 6. ;)

Mine as well:) One night i was quite drunken and started a thread at the AC-forum requesting this car with the brillant argument, they should be ashamed it is in Forza, not Assetto Corsa:whistling: Got deleted short after:laugh:

Threads like this crack me up :O_o:

Something is announced that's due to be released, and all the people who aren't interested suddenly feel the need to tell everyone how much they don't like it :rolleyes:

I'm going to go shopping tomorrow, walk into the first clothing shop I come to and complain that they sell skinny jeans, as I do not like skinny jeans so how dare they sell them :whistling:

Hiya like your mods for AC, Your comment would also apply to Project Cars, which gets the most negative comments from Race Department readers, more than any simracing related forum and blog site on the net, even rfactor 2, gets the most negative comments on this and many sites.

One very basic missing feature AC needs, that every single sim has, is a race countdown audio signal, as the start lights go out.

All these guys included me they are complain against news like the announce from the "phenomenal" mybe new car Alfa Romeo, are complaining because it is just ridiculous that the last track that come official per DLC at the 14. July 2016.... This is the point why we are complain...
Just look at the public servers. What can we see? Every day, really every day same ****! Sorry for these words, but honestly is that the main feature from Kunos? To drive all cars at Spa/Monza/Nordschleife 24/7 ?

I personally are total bored about that. I drove public and community leagues, good thanks that in the community leagues we can choose some great mod tracks from the community made.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back