Some mods running like a slideshow.

I hope I can get some help with this. I have a few mods installed in GTR Evolution and Race On. The problem is that some of the run like a slideshow when I run into "traffic". Mainly the higher res mods like the Fiesta Cup. Is there any way I can get them to run smoother?

Yep, either lower your graphics settings or upgrade your computers hardware. You could also try shutting down absolutely everything except the game to free up more resources. However, if the issue mainly occurs when you are in traffic (ie, close to other vehicles) then I'd say your graphics card just can't handle the level of detail.

If you have a high amount of AI this will usually happen if your graphic settings etc. are too high, unless you driver against fewer AI or stay away from traffic, it will continue to do that - or like Ross and Samu said, you could try lower your graphical settings

One of the issues with add on mods is that the car skins are at rF sizes, i.e. 5.33mb (2048x2048) and once loaded into a full grid of say 24 cars cause serious slow downs or CTD's. This can be improved by opening all the car skins and reducing thier resolutions to 1024x for the car skin and the exterior windows to 512x.

The other issue with a mod is that the 3D models have too many polygons and/or bad LOD's... To fix this requires a lot more work...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back