Some color choices

Made some quick and dirty color mods with previews.

AC_Colours.jpg

Download Here!

Just extract the contents to your AC_TechPreview folder. Or whatever name you gave your main folder. You can select the different colors ingame, by clicking on the "i" icon by the car, and then clicking on the color swatch icon at the top of the screen that looks like this:
Untitled-4.jpg

Edit: New Colors!
Web_Preview.jpg

Download more colors!

If anyone's interested in a simple preview maker, then here's one in PSD format.
I don't really want to make a tutorial on this, but who has PS installed, should figure it out.

Cheers!

Here you go: "Racing Green + Stripe"

You can change the metal_detail to whatever colour, stripe's stuck at white though.
I get error messages with winrar that all your files have an "unknown method" integrated....... The files are not unzapping so I cant install..

! D:\Downloads\Racing_Green_Stripe.zip: Unbekannte Methode in Racing_Green_Stripe\CAR_chassis_D.dds.
! D:\Downloads\Racing_Green_Stripe.zip: Unbekannte Methode in Racing_Green_Stripe\metal_detail.dds.
! D:\Downloads\Racing_Green_Stripe.zip: Unbekannte Methode in Racing_Green_Stripe\preview.jpg.

I haven't dug into the shader or anything, but it seems like it's using the alpha channel of metal_detail for specular brightness (to simulate metal flake paint) and that's about all the control you get.
I haven't worked with a DX11 shader file before so I'm not at all familiar what it's compiled from, or if decompilers exist.

On another note, if you want to change more than just the colour, drop "CAR_chassis_D.dds" and "Cerchione.png" into a skin folder. One's the body, the other's the rims.

I don't have wireframes to work from. Still, I'm sure you guys can work things out. If you don't want it looking blown-out crazy bright like this, set the transparency to about 20%, which lets the detail map show through.

Great job Stereo. How did you discover those file names? Thank for the info, cause now i can make some skins that im planning to post on assetto corsas' official forum. Who made that discovery? I would like to give credit to the guy who realized about this. Do you know more relevant filenames? Thank you so muuuuch! :)

lotus_elise_sc.kn5 contains all the files (textures, 3d models, shaders) I pulled them out of there by looking at its strings in a hex editor. I used the shader to figure out what textures are useful - there's a metallic paint shader that lists the diffuse texture Car_chassis_D.dds + metal_detail.dds.

lotus_elise_sc.kn5 contains all the files (textures, 3d models, shaders) I pulled them out of there by looking at its strings in a hex editor. I used the shader to figure out what textures are useful - there's a metallic paint shader that lists the diffuse texture Car_chassis_D.dds + metal_detail.dds.
By the way, how did you extract "CAR_chassis_D.dds"?. I've never used an Hex Editor, and i need to extract all the rims textures (normal and blurred). Thanks in advance.

Within lotus_elise_sc.kn5:
DHzXs01.png

[...] aa aa aa 01: end of previous file
00 00 00: seems to be padding between files
11 00 00 00: length of filename (0x00000011 = 17 bytes)
43 41 52 5f 63 68 61 73 73 69 73 5f 44 2e 64 64 73: 17 bytes of filename (CAR_chassis_D.dds)
80 80 aa 00: length of file (0x00AA8080 = 11174016 bytes)
44 44 53 20: "DDS " - the first 44 is the first byte of the file.

The file starts at 0x682416, ends 0x00AA8080 later - I just copied that into a new binary file and saved it as CAR_chassis_D.dds. This might get you 1 extra byte; I'm not entirely certain of the method. GIMP didn't complain when I opened the .dds, so shrug.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back