AC Social Event: Mazda MX Cup @ Vallelunga Classic - Fri 16Feb18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Still angry at my cable or whatever cut the connection but pleased with the increase in pace, no doubt consequence of the Advanced Academy on Monday. Had a very tough fight with @KODIAK who was able to handle the pressure incredibly well. Hats off sir.

Now watching Mr. @Joseph Wright being a menace on track :roflmao:

See you next time fellas!

yea that was really fun, you were fast in some places, i was fast in others.

was really disappointed when i saw you fly off track.

Reactions: Lum
To be honest i follwed you for several laps and i could of passed you a few times but waited till last lap knowing where i was faster, you had some weird lines which meant i always carried more speed on to the start / finish straight hence why i was able to breeze past you on the final lap, I could of done it 5 laps before but chose to play the long game.
Prior to that i was holding back the car so as not to get in front too soon. This may exaplain why you thought for one lap you had an issue...

Of course I knew you would at some point because the problem started after a couple of laps. Anyway hopefully we could do another race in the future mate

Last edited:
Reactions: Lum
Of course I knew you would at some point because the problem started after a couple of laps. Anyway hopefully we could do another race in the future mate

I am really not sure you car could go slow on the straights due to a computer issue. If anything its set up, ie i ran less fuel, your line meant you carried less speed onto straight (its this IMO) or maybe the way you work the gears.
I ran stock set up apart from fuel, i was on fumes last few laps.

Thanks for the great race guys. By the way I had a problem with either the connection or my pc. Only in the race, the rev started to get choppy and the car was pretty slow on the straights. I reckon Joey Sharpe noticed it as he easily overtook me on the straight. Did anyone have the same issue?
What kind of pedals you have ? I had a same kind of issue with my g29 pedals when some dirt got into the potentiometer of my throttle and it started stutter between 80-95% throttle.

What kind of pedals you have ? I had a same kind of issue with my g29 pedals when some dirt got into the potentiometer of my throttle and it started stutter between 80-95% throttle.
I use T3PA which I just bought one month ago. I watched the replay and found the throttle was choppy. Then I switched to practice mode but I didn't come across the problem at all so that must've been something wrong with connection I reckon :( Is your pedal working properly now?

I am really not sure you car could go slow on the straights due to a computer issue. If anything its set up, ie i ran less fuel, your line meant you carried less speed onto straight (its this IMO) or maybe the way you work the gears.
I ran stock set up apart from fuel, i was on fumes last few laps.
I watched the replay and found out that the throttle gauge was really choppy even when I was completely flat out. I live quite far from the server so the connection might have caused the issue. I'm not talking about driving or setup at all mate. I was not the fastest but I was actually faster than you in quali so I kind of know how to drive ya know.

Here's the gif hope you'll understand buddy

Attachments

• FBECE759-C9A4-48E0-AF67-867BB4439D72.gif
    FBECE759-C9A4-48E0-AF67-867BB4439D72.gif
    368.2 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
I use T3PA which I just bought one month ago. I watched the replay and found the throttle was choppy. Then I switched to practice mode but I didn't come across the problem at all so that must've been something wrong with connection I reckon :( Is your pedal working properly now?
Yeah, i swapped my clutch's and throttle's potentiometers, and it started workin'.

I watched the replay and found out that the throttle gauge was really choppy even when I was completely flat out. I live quite far from the server so the connection might have caused the issue. I'm not talking about driving or setup at all mate. I was not the fastest but I was actually faster than you in quali so I kind of know how to drive ya know.
If your throttle is doing that, then it's extremely likely to be the potentiometer playing up. It isn't very likely to be the rest of the wiring but it's possible. You may find videos online which show you how to strip the pedals down and clean/replace the pots (there are videos for Logitech pedals, e.g. G27, which I know because I've had to clean my own pots more than once).
It most certainly won't be anything to do with your distance from the server.

If your throttle is doing that, then it's extremely likely to be the potentiometer playing up. It isn't very likely to be the rest of the wiring but it's possible. You may find videos online which show you how to strip the pedals down and clean/replace the pots (there are videos for Logitech pedals, e.g. G27, which I know because I've had to clean my own pots more than once).
It most certainly won't be anything to do with your distance from the server.
I was kind of upset cos I've only used the pedal for only one month... But thanks for the message! I'll check and clean it up before the next race

I was kind of upset cos I've only used the pedal for only one month... But thanks for the message! I'll check and clean it up before the next race
Are the pedals new? I guess that - either, you bought used pedals, or you would have a long wait if you decided to return them for repair/replacement? I'm not sure that I would take them apart straight away. I'd look for people having similar problems with T3PA pedals. That is a common fault with Logitech pedals, and the cause is usually dirty pots, but it could (it's just possible) be a software issue IMO. I would check it out before voiding any warranty/opening up my potentiometers.
Maybe you could try to reproduce the fault. That way, you could try other solutions before taking the plunge? Do you still have the pedals you were using before you bought the T3PAs? That would buy you some time to look into it in detail maybe?
Hope you get it sorted ok. :thumbsup:

Just a thought; is it possible to swap the clutch and throttle pedals to see what happens - on the basis of eliminate one variable at a time? I don't use Thrustmaster pedals, but just a thought.

Jo

Are the pedals new? I guess that - either, you bought used pedals, or you would have a long wait if you decided to return them for repair/replacement? I'm not sure that I would take them apart straight away. I'd look for people having similar problems with T3PA pedals. That is a common fault with Logitech pedals, and the cause is usually dirty pots, but it could (it's just possible) be a software issue IMO. I would check it out before voiding any warranty/opening up my potentiometers.
Maybe you could try to reproduce the fault. That way, you could try other solutions before taking the plunge? Do you still have the pedals you were using before you bought the T3PAs? That would buy you some time to look into it in detail maybe?
Hope you get it sorted ok. :thumbsup:

Yeah that's so true. Its still 'very' new so I don't want to take it apart. I used to use logitech GT force pro but I have already sold it. I tested out the pedal after the race for a couple of hours but it worked fine but I'll do a bit of research about the problem. If it does the same again I may think about returning it! Thanks for your advice Denis!

Just a thought; is it possible to swap the clutch and throttle pedals to see what happens - on the basis of eliminate one variable at a time? I don't use Thrustmaster pedals, but just a thought.

Jo
That's kind of what I thought and it is possible i guess. But I'll do a bit of research about the issue before that I still have warranty so... Thanks for your suggestion Jo anyway :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back